Pulling Fresh Air From Existing Floor Vent?

That is not really fresh air. Plus floor ducts are heated air. If you have a crawl space under your house you could disconnect the furnace duct at the register. Run you fresh ait duct down through the register and over to a foundation vent. Draw fresh air from outside if possible.

Thanks Screwnuts. My setup is going to be in the basement. My logic may have been a bit off I guess using the heat vent. How does this sound.....It would be difficult for me to pull air in from the actual "outside" of the house. I can however pull it from another room in the basement. Pulling in the air from the basement will more than likely give me cooler air in the warm summer months here in the midwest than actually pulling it from outside. I know this will not be "fresh air" but it will be cool air? What do you think? I'll wait a few days and then rephrase this post to see if I can get some more insight on the whole Fresh Air vs. Cool air thing. :peace::thanks::peace:

is the rest of your basement dry and mold free? i know how some mid-west basements can get, i have one.

i do have a vent from the heater/air conditioning. i use the a/c in the hot months and occasionally the heat in winter when it gets cold enough that my in-room heater doesn't do the job. my basement has enough air leaks that fresh air is not a concern.

The basement is finished and is fairly dry. What I'm doing is building a single 12x 12 foot enclosed room in the basement. It is made of drywall and then walls covered inside with white sheeting. I'm gonna have a 200cfm 8"x14" carbon scrubber inside the room. Then a 500cfm inline fan connected to a 6" carbon filter blowing everything out through the chimney which is inside the room I built. I just need to figure out how I'm gonna get the new/fesh air inside the room without letting the smell out to the rest of the basement?

is the rest of your basement dry and mold free? i know how some mid-west basements can get, i have one.

i do have a vent from the heater/air conditioning. i use the a/c in the hot months and occasionally the heat in winter when it gets cold enough that my in-room heater doesn't do the job. my basement has enough air leaks that fresh air is not a concern.
How do you vent the stinky air out of your room?

i had a scrubber in the past and it just vented back into the room. it worked well. unfortunatly it didn't belong to me and the person who loaned it took it back. so now i just rely on luck. the only time i can notice any smell is at night and then only in the upstairs hallway. why that is i haven't got a clue.

is your plumbing accessable? perhaps you could vent it out through your plumbings air vent. the one that allows air pressure to move your toilet etc. to drain properly.

Back
Top Bottom