Pruning and trimming outdoor plants - advise please

Jim08876

420 Member
I have grown indoors for over ten years with vey good success. I am new to growing outdoors. Had a leftover London Pound Cake (Indica dominant hybrid) and decided to specially prepare a raised bed for it in my vege garden. I topped 5 times during veg stage and it started showing signs of flowering a week ago. Location is in the tri-state area of NY,NJ and PA. It gets full southern exposure. Current temp and humidity is far from ideal. There is significant stretch and all of the 32 bud stems are not equal in size with some rather small. I am seeking advice on pruning of fan leaves and smaller bud sites. Current photo attached is about 1 week into flowering. The SCROG net is 48 inches from the ground. Framing is 48x48x48 constructed to grow smaller autos and provide protection. Come back if you have any questions.

PS: For some perspective, growing 4 of the same indoors. Pix is beginning of week 4 of flowering.

Thanks for any input.

Resized_20240721_073228[1].jpeg

Resized_20240722_084457(1)[1].jpeg

20240626_180523[1].jpg

20240721_180519[1].jpg

Welcome to 420 Magazine @Jim08876

Beautiful garden you have growing there.
Your ladies look happy and healthy.

Here's some helpful info: Welcome New Members - Please Read Before Posting

Here is some information if you would like to start a grow journal How to Make a Grow Journal

If you want to see want other growers are doing, here's that link.

This is where you place your grow journal.

Journals in Progress: Current and Ongoing

And, after you have over 50 posts you can vote and enter our contests to win free grow stuff from our sponsors.

420 Contests: Win Cool 420 Prizes

Stay safe, and grow well my friend,

Tok.. :bong:

Also, we now have a Fungi section if you would like to grow mushrooms.

Leave as many fan leaves intact as possible, but on the lowers remove growth tips that won’t reach to top of canopy. Then when flower does hit go back and remove the node calyxes on the lowers. What this does is remove popcorn larf but keep the fans which power the grow and provide nutrient storage for later in flower.

there’s many ways to skin this cat but that’s my 2 cents worth…

plants are healthy, colors are vivid- nice work!!

Back
Top Bottom