ProMix HP vs Coco Coir in 5 gallon SIP?

Chuckeye

Who has tried both ?

What can I expect in terms of watering frequency, etc. ?

All I "know" is Cocco Coil should be washed, buffered and steamed ;)

Looking at Canna Coco Coir bricks...

Add perlite or not ?

Minor point but in small quantities, the coco is about $20 a pail, ProMix HP is about $5 o_O

BTW > using Mega Crop one part with well water, ppm of ~500 and ph of ~ 7.5.

I do not ph down and would like to not have to in the coco coir ?

Cheers

If you get the bagged Coco it can be used out the bag, I looked at bricks before and see they was around the same price 😐 but I only rinse Coco between grows.

PH will have to be monitored. Loading up with beneficials will help keep the rootzone under control though. If you mix up nutes and the pH isn't stable for long then that's probably what will happen in the sip before it's taken by the plant.

I've never grown in sip or with ProMix to compare 👍

If you get the bagged Coco it can be used out the bag, I looked at bricks before and see they was around the same price 😐 but I only rinse Coco between grows.

PH will have to be monitored. Loading up with beneficials will help keep the rootzone under control though. If you mix up nutes and the pH isn't stable for long then that's probably what will happen in the sip before it's taken by the plant.

I've never grown in sip or with ProMix to compare 👍
Sorry, no ph monitoring for me 😆

Been there, done that !

With ProMix HP I've used Mega Crop one part or the GH Maxi Series and it has not been necessary to use ph down with my well water ! Or with perlite in hempy and GH Maxi Series.....
Why in the world would you want to go SIP big Chunk is beyond my comprehension.
Thought you were running Maxi in Promix? Best combo imo
Give sip a try and let us know but I'm not drinking that shit.. 😂
LOL !

Had to read that three times, big Chunk ? What ?

Last two runs I have been using ProMix HP in 5 gallon pails/GroBuckets with Mega Crop one part.

Still have the better part of 8 pounds of Maxi in stock and intend to use it at some point...

ProMix HP works just fine (and has for years) but curiosity got the better of me :yahoo:

Turns out I had enough ProMix HP in stock to set up for my next grow !

And after purchasing a new LED light the experiment ($) will have to wait, he, he...

Cheers

Back
Top Bottom