Problem Identification

Tarek N

Hi I would like to know what this web-like stuff keeps appearing on my Purple Kush...... It keeps appearing, is it some type of mold or something? I dont see a bunch of spiders running out and doing this every day..... I misted the bud so you can see

20201211_200608.jpg

gotta assume that is a lark

i can see the mites from here

A lark is a bird or a joke. English is weird sometimes.

Can you honestly not see those thousands of spider mites crawling all over those webs?

Those plants are past redemption pal. Put some window screen over the crevice tool for your vacuum and get as much off as possible then dump it all in a pot of solvent, strain, evap and smoke oil as those buds are shite now.

Now where did I put that eye bleach . . .

That there is a 2 spotted spider mite infestation gone amuck. Big time amuck.

Way I see it is chop and bud wash (google doc bud bud washing).

Maybe hose it off outside first to knock off some of the webbing.

You might get something but I'd be scoping it after the wash. Might need a few more times thru the rinse buckets.

Oh and you still have spider mites. Thats the good news.

Get the henry hoover at them :thumb: that is a bad ass hit of SPIDER MITES you got going on there !

I see a hanging tool from Poundland , silver wall lining from Poundland , did you get the soil with free mites from Poundland also , ? not being funny but cheap soils do this mate , ive been tortured for a year with soil i bought cheaply , never again ,

Hi I would like to know what this web-like stuff keeps appearing on my Purple Kush...... It keeps appearing, is it some type of mold or something? I dont see a bunch of spiders running out and doing this every day..... I misted the bud so you can see

20201211_200608.jpg
It looks like you did good except for the one problem.

They are not spiders. They are "spider mites" and if we are looking for spiders it is easy to overlook the small mites that are using the webbing as protective cover and using the strands of web as traveling routes. They are called spider mites because they have 8 legs and they make all manner of webbing. ( What is showing in the photo is sometimes called a web tent.)

The reason that most of our spider mite infestations end up running amuck, as @bobrown14 called it, is because the grower missed or ignored the early signs back about 10 weeks earlier.

Most likely if we turn off the bl-urple lighting and use just some white light for the photo we would notice that any green on those small leaves has started to fade and now looks silver or gray from all the pin prick size marks the mites made.

Research and then research some more. Read everything you can about "spider mites" and mites on plants. Look at photos of any type of plant, and not just Marijuana, that has mites. Read everything you can about how other growers diagnosed their problem and how they solved it.

By the way, I do not worry about the regular ol' spiders we see inside or outside our house. Those common spiders often will eat the spider mites. I noticed this little guy on one of my outdoor plants last summer. Left it there because it had a nice bright neon green color and it was not bothering me.

spider1.jpg

when you snip the branches once you hang them up they will crawl to the top of stems , then cut the branch again to leave the little fackers and pick it off and drop into some soapy water ( the ends with mites ) , i had lots and lots your going to have millions
you might just make them out , you can see them crawl this way to ( with your eyes )
P1110406.JPG
P1110407.JPG
P1110409.JPG
P1110406 - Copy.JPG

You'll see them if you use a loupe or scope. Very tiny, look like lil dots or specs , with your eyes.

See them alot better with a scope.

You don't need a scope to see that or even a small outbreak. I can see those bastards easy enough with just my reading glasses on. A big old magnifying glass with the little insert is plenty enough to hunt down any bugs. 10 - $15 dollars at most drug stores.

A scope is nice but not a needed tool. I have a 60 - 1000x scope with a wifi connection and never use it.

:peace:

You don't need a scope to see that or even a small outbreak. I can see those bastards easy enough with just my reading glasses on. A big old magnifying glass with the little insert is plenty enough to hunt down any bugs. 10 - $15 dollars at most drug stores.

A scope is nice but not a needed tool. I have a 60 - 1000x scope with a wifi connection and never use it.

:peace:
I Use it to check trichomes aswell ,so its a pretty good multi tool to have.

Yes in this case its clearly infested. But early signs would need something to get a closer look. Dont matter if its a loupe , scope or magnify glass. All will work if eyes aren't the greatest.

Not everyone has lazer eyes lol

Whenever the Spider Mites are making another run at the plants the first thing I notice is the small pin-prick size marks showing up on the leaves. That means it is time to do several spraying sessions a day apart.

When I did not jump on the problem as fast as I should have the next thing that shows up will be a strand of web here or there.

Back
Top Bottom