Powdery mildew?

tablelegslim

I came check on my friends and noticed what almost looks like bird shit but I know that’s not what it is not all of it anyways. Also noticed some sort of problem with lower fan leaves no telling it’s super hot, 100% humidity, and raining at least once or twice a week heavy. I know one of these wonderful people on here will help a brother out to get that baby back right. It’s only the First quarter. Thanks slim

IMG_0753.jpeg

IMG_0762.jpeg

IMG_0760.jpeg

There are products out there that can help but wont ultimately solve the issue. Removing leaves is not going to do anything. What I recommend I using known good cultivars that are best suited for the region. Some cultivars have even been proven to be WPM resistant.

As for this lady… I do see signs of pest damage too.

Howdy. Neem oil will smother it out✌️
Yes remove those leaves after you spray it ,if you remove them before you spray the pm will just attack the open wounds and come back and burn them leaves you removed or trash them, dont compost them ,the pm will just come back with a vengeance. You need an IPM sop (integrated pest management standard operating procedure) ✌️

is there any way to rid it? The weather is rough during the summer in these parts. it’s going to be hot and humid from here on out. Do I remove the infected leaves?
The mildew spores are 'blowin' in the wind' so singing along to the song might make it seem like less of a problem. There is no way to get rid of it, but there are ways to slow down how fast it spreads on the plant.

Mildew is one of the major issues with outdoor growing. There are something like 7 varieties of powdery mildew and each variety will infect certain plants and not others. It can become worse on some of the other flowers and vegetables in our outdoor gardens but they are not the source of the same variety of mildew as on our Cannabis plants from what I can tell.

Cutting the leaves off will not help. If you can see the infected areas then it means that there is good chance the rest of the leaves have already been infected and it is just a matter of time before the white Powdery Mildew starts showing. Keep cutting off the leaves and in about a month there will be none left.

There are a bunch of recipes for home-made sprays to help get rid of the mildew and to help prevent it from coming back but I did not have success with them. There are some commercial sprays on the market so take a look at your local gardening or hydro shop to see which will be the easiest for you to use. These work by putting a mild acid solution on the leaves and this prevents the spores from starting to grow. If the mildew is already present then the mild acid will start to kill it.

There is a recipe here on this message board for a home-made spray that will help to keep the mildew under control but I have lost the references to it. I do remember the basic recipe for making one pint at a time.

5 gram of Citric Acid (Citric acid is available at large supermarkets in the canning/food preservation area. Also available at some neighborhood hardware stores-but not big box stores.)
1 pint (16 fluid ounces) of water
Couple drops of mild soap (Mild dish detergent will work but just use a couple of drops)
Mix and spray the top and underside of the leaves.

The mildew will die within a day or two and after awhile there will be a "scar" left on the surface of the leaf which shows the damage done. This 'scar' will not go away but the rest of the leaf usually looks like it will be healthy.

Some growers will inspect their plants and use a damp paper towel or damp cloth to wipe any mildew off of the leaves before spraying.

The mildew needs calm and warm humid days to grow. It needs dry days with low humidity and a nice breeze to spread from one plant to another. It will not spread in the rain or from wet leaves....but the rain or water on the leaves helps it grow if the spores are already on the plant.

I start spraying as preventive when the plants go outside. A regular spray even if no mildew is showing helps hold off the problem.

The mildew spores are 'blowin' in the wind' so singing along to the song might make it seem like less of a problem. There is no way to get rid of it, but there are ways to slow down how fast it spreads on the plant.

Mildew is one of the major issues with outdoor growing. There are something like 7 varieties of powdery mildew and each variety will infect certain plants and not others. It can become worse on some of the other flowers and vegetables in our outdoor gardens but they are not the source of the same variety of mildew as on our Cannabis plants from what I can tell.

Cutting the leaves off will not help. If you can see the infected areas then it means that there is good chance the rest of the leaves have already been infected and it is just a matter of time before the white Powdery Mildew starts showing. Keep cutting off the leaves and in about a month there will be none left.

There are a bunch of recipes for home-made sprays to help get rid of the mildew and to help prevent it from coming back but I did not have success with them. There are some commercial sprays on the market so take a look at your local gardening or hydro shop to see which will be the easiest for you to use. These work by putting a mild acid solution on the leaves and this prevents the spores from starting to grow. If the mildew is already present then the mild acid will start to kill it.

There is a recipe here on this message board for a home-made spray that will help to keep the mildew under control but I have lost the references to it. I do remember the basic recipe for making one pint at a time.

5 gram of Citric Acid (Citric acid is available at large supermarkets in the canning/food preservation area. Also available at some neighborhood hardware stores-but not big box stores.)
Couple drops of mild soap (Mild dish detergent will work but just use a couple of drops)

The mildew will die within a day or two and after awhile there will be a "scar" left on the surface of the leaf which shows the damage done. This 'scar' will not go away but the rest of the leaf usually looks like it will be healthy.

Some growers will inspect their plants and use a damp paper towel or damp cloth to wipe any mildew off of the leaves before spraying.

The mildew needs calm and warm humid days to grow. It needs dry days with low humidity and a nice breeze to spread from one plant to another. It will not spread in the rain or from wet leaves....but the rain or water on the leaves helps it grow if the spores are already on the plant.

I start spraying as preventive when the plants go outside. A regular spray even if no mildew is showing helps hold off the problem.
Thanks smoking appreciate the help bud

We have rain on the forecast for the next 2 weeks. I’m heading to the store on my lunch break to get the ingredients to combat the mildew. I’m wondering about the health of my auto in flower I have outdoors. Its getting close to harvest maybe 3 weeks it should be done hope all this moisture doesn’t render the bud useless

If in Canada it would be old stock. As they have take many tools away.
I did a google search asking:
powdered sulfur for plants still available in canada

and the results show it can be ordered through the Canadian Amazon site or from several different Canadian gardening stores or web sites. I did not notice any mention of it being banned and that the product available is old.

We have rain on the forecast for the next 2 weeks. I’m heading to the store on my lunch break to get the ingredients to combat the mildew.
If it rains it will wash the acidic layer off the leaf so it will have to be re-sprayed after each rain.

The sulfur that Smokey0418 mentions will work for mildew and most molds and some insects when treating outdoor plants but you will have to find out if it washes off and should be re-applied. Some growers have reported that they saw the stigma/pistils on the buds burn after using Sulphur. And, look up about using Sulfur within 2 to 3 weeks of using an oil spray like Neem.

I’ve noticed another one starting to form pesky mildew.
A sign that other types of plants in the area have active colonies of Mildew on their leaves and the spores are blowing in the wind. Not much you can do about the other types of plants so start a Mildew management program and try to reduce the amounts on your plants.

If it rains it will wash the acidic layer off the leaf so it will have to be re-sprayed after each rain.

The sulfur that Smokey0418 mentions will work for mildew and most molds and some insects when treating outdoor plants but you will have to find out if it washes off and should be re-applied. Some growers have reported that they saw the stigma/pistils on the buds burn after using Sulphur. And, look up about using Sulfur within 2 to 3 weeks of using an oil spray like Neem.
I would not spray anything on flower. Even neem surely will be leaving something behind.
I only spray on vegging plants.

I did a google search asking:
powdered sulfur for plants still available in canada

and the results show it can be ordered through the Canadian Amazon site or from several different Canadian gardening stores or web sites. I did not notice any mention of it being banned and that the product available is old.
It’s a fungicide, Canada has taken that away from regular consumers.

Research this or this ,this might help your cause this is what i use like stated above I won't spray in flower some of tge stuff turns your stigmas brown and if i find bud rot i cut it off and toss it out or burn it in the fire pit right away but the idea is to keep that from happening so early asp treatment is required and if do i get PM in flower ill spot spray with a smaller hand sprayer that's a foliar disease anyways but it will get on the leaves around the flower ✌️

IMG20240718105413.jpg

IMG20240718105521.jpg

Back
Top Bottom