Planting regular seeds before the equinox

donkeyjunk

Gday
Can anyone tell me if they have planted regular seeds before the spring equinox?
So about 6 weeks or so before.
So come the spring equinox they have popped up and shown their sex.
Therefore topping the girls, pulling the boys and letting them grow through summer for monster yields?
Did you have any unforeseen issues?
Did the seedlings get frostbite?
Anything else you can tell me.?
Cheers
Dj

Don't live in an area where frost is an issue that late. I've always found it a great way to weed out the males before you put to much time and effort into them. I plant in late April to mid-May. The only issue I had was with clones, they went into full on flower and didn't re-veg. Never had a problem with anything from seed. Also if you plant that early make sure you have enough space for some really big plants! One year I had an issue with the plants growing into the roof of the greenhouse!

Don't live in an area where frost is an issue that late. I've always found it a great way to weed out the males before you put to much time and effort into them. I plant in late April to mid-May. The only issue I had was with clones, they went into full on flower and didn't re-veg. Never had a problem with anything from seed. Also if you plant that early make sure you have enough space for some really big plants! One year I had an issue with the plants growing into the roof of the greenhouse!
cheers mate, have you done the same thing in the great outdoors?
dj

Back
Top Bottom