Plant only grows to one side

mariga

420 Member
I am a beginner and I tried to LST my auto like 10 days ago but I think I did something wrong, the plant keeps growing to one side only and the lower bud spots never catch up so I can pull them to the other side. How can I fix this ?

1720817954645.png

1720817988237.png

I only did LST, and planted in final pot because it´s an auto, but now even if I let the ties go she stays like that. At least the bud sites are exposed but it´s been like this for a week or more and the side branches are not catching up.

Next time if you train the same way, plant it to the far edge and bend it to the opposite side like you have. You'll cover more of the pot that way. It's an auto so different rules apply, but I prefer Quadlining as a training method; one topping above node four, remove nodes one and two, and then LST the remaining two branches away from each other to give good coverage of the pot. Link in my sig.

You can still LST it a bit more to pull the individual branches away from each other, but the point of doing that training is to hold the plant in the shape you want as the limbs harden up and make the change permanent.

Good morning I hate to say this but it needs some TLC it looks like its struggling a little bit hungry or something hard to tell in the pic but it looks lacking or outta balance of something check ph to start soil should be around 6.3/6.8 ✌️

It is a super soil designed for autos and I´m sure I didn´t overwater it. Plant is a month old so I just gave its firts feed with warmcastings and biofertilizers, I´ll see if that changes anything from now. Also the leaves always seemed to be healthy from the start until now. Maybe it can be genetics ? It´s a seed that is not from a known bank, so I think it might be that. What is TLC btw ?

Next time if you train the same way, plant it to the far edge and bend it to the opposite side like you have. You'll cover more of the pot that way. It's an auto so different rules apply, but I prefer Quadlining as a training method; one topping above node four, remove nodes one and two, and then LST the remaining two branches away from each other to give good coverage of the pot. Link in my sig.

You can still LST it a bit more to pull the individual branches away from each other, but the point of doing that training is to hold the plant in the shape you want as the limbs harden up and make the change permanent.

Thanks, when I discovered that trick of planting next to the edge it was already too late. Next time I´ll just do photos and train the way you told, I just LST because it´s an auto and my first grow, so I was scared of stressing the plant too much. Anything I should do other than pray to the side branches grow and tie them to the other side ? Plant just started flowering btw.

At least the bud sites are exposed but it´s been like this for a week or more and the side branches are not catching up.
The top tip gets most of the growth hormones. The tips that are the lowest nodes do not get anywhere near as much.

Something to think about for the next growing cycle. If your LST had been a bit more LST, or a bit more severe, then the stem would have been a true 45 degree angle starting at the bend. That would have given a better chance that all the growing tips would be more even looking and growing.
Plant just started flowering btw.
I figure that once flowering starts time is up for most any training and I accept what is there. There are a few things that can still be done like some minor trimming of leaves and stems that will not get enough light. Things like that can still be done but major projects or training are over for the current plant.

What is TLC btw ?
Tender Loving Care.

Quadlining as a training method; one topping above node four, remove nodes one and two, and then LST the remaining two branches away from each other
That should read remaining four branches (hence the name quadlining) 🤦‍♂️

Anything I should do other than pray to the side branches grow and tie them to the other side ? Plant just started flowering btw.
I would get some binder clips and some twine and gently pull the branches apart. But do it gradually over several days, and not very much so you don't split the stems.

That will open up air flow around the buds as well as get more light down lower. But just do it a little bit for practice, maybe taking the outer two and spreading them wider. But, once in flower, especially after stretch, the stems harden off and too much pulling on them will split the stem.

I would get some binder clips and some twine and gently pull the branches apart.
I have used larger sized binder clips and closed them so the stem runs between the pincher. Often that was enough to hold the stem at the angle I wanted. If not, then clip another binder clip to the first one.

But when doing the training for separating stems or branches the string will be needed.

Thanks for the replies guys ! Hopefully next grow goes better.

Here are some more picture so maybe you can get a better grasp. The main stem is the one in the far left, as I tried to pull it back to the centre edging the pot. I can pull it lower and more to the center and maybe the far right too, but the ones in the top middle I feel like if I pull it would be even more far away from the center of the pot.

1720978098646.png

1720978139389.png

Back
Top Bottom