PH to high?

Tomcat420

I have a Big Bud auto that’s almost 7 weeks into flower. Buds seem to be be growing still but my water and nutrients is going in at 5.9-6.2 and my run off is high 6’s right at 7 the last few feedings. The leaves on the upper canopy seem to be lighter than the ones on the bottom should I give her a good flush or let her do her thing? 3 gallon fabric pot I’m Happy frog soil. Mega crop 1 part with pk booster Bud Explosion. Been feeding a gallon every other day. Is she showing signs of deficiency or just fading because she is close to finish?

IMG_6123.jpeg

IMG_6120.jpeg

IMG_6121.jpeg

IMG_6119.jpeg

IMG_6114.jpeg

IMG_6115.jpeg

I have a Big Bud auto that’s almost 7 weeks into flower. Buds seem to be be growing still but my water and nutrients is going in at 5.9-6.2 and my run off is high 6’s right at 7 the last few feedings. The leaves on the upper canopy seem to be lighter than the ones on the bottom should I give her a good flush or let her do her thing? 3 gallon fabric pot I’m Happy frog soil. Mega crop 1 part with pk booster Bud Explosion. Been feeding a gallon every other day. Is she showing signs of deficiency or just fading because she is close to finish?

IMG_6123.jpeg

IMG_6120.jpeg

IMG_6121.jpeg

IMG_6119.jpeg

IMG_6114.jpeg

IMG_6115.jpeg
Beautiful garden my friend, nice work.
I don't measure runoff, it can cause people to do the incorrect thing to their girls.
I concentrate on what I'm feeding.
If your in soil feeding every other day is probably too much.
She needs time to breathe in between.
What strength are your nutrients?
Do you measure ppm?
Are you giving the recommended amount according to the schedule?

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

Beautiful garden my friend, nice work.
I don't measure runoff, it can cause people to do the incorrect thing to their girls.
I concentrate on what I'm feeding.
If your in soil feeding every other day is probably too much.
She needs time to breathe in between.
What strength are your nutrients?
Do you measure ppm?
Are you giving the recommended amount according to the schedule?

Stay safe
Bill284 😎
Thank you I do my best. And i was giving her like 4.75g of mega crop 1 part. I just got the Pk booster Bud explosion and fed with it 2 times and have given 3.5g of the 1 part and 1g of the booster. Last time I fed I also mixed up like a liter of water along with some overdrive I had laying around with 2ml in that liter along with 3-4 ml of molasses. Might be giving her a bit too much. Buds are dense and even though the leaves are lighter they seem to be growing still. Might just give her some regular ph water tonight when I get home and give her a good flush would that be a good idea?

Thank you I do my best. And i was giving her like 4.75g of mega crop 1 part. I just got the Pk booster Bud explosion and fed with it 2 times and have given 3.5g of the 1 part and 1g of the booster. Last time I fed I also mixed up like a liter of water along with some overdrive I had laying around with 2ml in that liter along with 3-4 ml of molasses. Might be giving her a bit too much. Buds are dense and even though the leaves are lighter they seem to be growing still. Might just give her some regular ph water tonight when I get home and give her a good flush would that be a good idea?
If you have been feeding that constantly I think a flush might wound be good.
You only have a couple weeks left.
You might want to back off a bit with the nutrients.

I'd flush, go to 5.5g of MC/gallon, and leave off the booster. It's likely what's burning the leaves.
I'd flush, go to 5.5g of MC/gallon, and leave off the booster. It's likely what's burning the leaves.
Okay thank you will do. Distilled water or my regular tap water that I keep aerated in my 5 gallon bucket or does it matter?

Buds seem to be be growing still but my water and nutrients is going in at 5.9-6.2 and my run off is high 6’s right at 7 the last few feedings.
Your plants are in the Fox Farm company's Happy Frog potting soil. There is no need to measure the pH of the water that flows out the bottom of the pot. The pH of this run-off water can vary as often as every couple of minutes to as long as taking an hour to change up or down because that is how organic material based soils will work. The pH can change depending on how the water is working with the available nutrients at that time.

The important thing is to know that the pH of the water being used is in the acceptable range, usually considered within a tenth of a whole point either side of a 6.3 pH for organic soils and 5.8 for hydroponic method soils. Plants in an organic soil can do well in the pH range you mention.

The important thing is to know that the pH of the water being used is in the acceptable range
I would like to jump in here with the science of water pH in soil. The pH of the water going in has no effect on the pH of the soil, because soil buffers the pH because of both the organic matter in it as well as the added lime.

If that weren't true then pH testing using slurry wouldn't be the gold standard for measuring the pH of soil (which is all that matters to the plants). Within 30-60 minutes of the water going in, the soil will change the pH of that water to the pH of the soil. That's how/why slurry testing works.

Also, you may have seen those charts that show the pH range for nutrient uptake in hydro and soil. You may not have noticed that they actually say "Soil pH" on them and not water pH. For non-hydro growing, it's the pH of the medium that matters, not the water going in.

That said, there's no harm in pH adjusting your nutes, but it's not a necessary step for soil or buffered peat-based media (like ProMix HP or Sunshine Mix 4).

I did flush her last night with close to 5.5 gallons with a ph of 5.53 the first few gallons then maybe slightly higher but no more than 5.70. Only added like a cup of nutrients I had made up for my other woman who just started to flower laying in my building as the very last of what she got. Then Dropped my ph pen and broke it before I got done to be able to see what it did for the ph. But I’ll have another here in the morning for future events. Here’s what she looks like today

IMG_6180.jpeg

IMG_6176.jpeg

IMG_6175.jpeg

IMG_6182.jpeg

IMG_6177.jpeg

IMG_6169.jpeg

IMG_6168.jpeg

IMG_6155.jpeg

I did flush her last night with close to 5.5 gallons with a ph of 5.53 the first few gallons then maybe slightly higher but no more than 5.70. Only added like a cup of nutrients I had made up for my other woman who just started to flower laying in my building as the very last of what she got. Then Dropped my ph pen and broke it before I got done to be able to see what it did for the ph. But I’ll have another here in the morning for future events. Here’s what she looks like today

IMG_6180.jpeg

IMG_6176.jpeg

IMG_6175.jpeg

IMG_6182.jpeg

IMG_6177.jpeg

IMG_6169.jpeg

IMG_6168.jpeg

IMG_6155.jpeg
Frosty ' thick bud's :welldone:
Leaves don't look bad you'll a nice harvest my friend.
So sorry about your pen.
Generally town water will be fine for a flush.
Your not feeding so you don't need to ph the water .:Namaste:
Might save you some work.

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

Frosty ' thick bud's :welldone:
Leaves don't look bad you'll a nice harvest my friend.
So sorry about your pen.
Generally town water will be fine for a flush.
Your not feeding so you don't need to ph the water .:Namaste:
Might save you some work.

Stay safe
Bill284 😎
Okay yeah I only was concerned because I seen that the upper canopy leaves are lighter than the lower I checked my ph and it was a little on the high side so I kinda freaked out. But even after observing that a week or so ago she has continued to grow and do her thing hope she does turn out good. Had a decent odor not what I would expect could that still come or is that a problem from stress?

Okay yeah I only was concerned because I seen that the upper canopy leaves are lighter than the lower I checked my ph and it was a little on the high side so I kinda freaked out. But even after observing that a week or so ago she has continued to grow and do her thing hope she does turn out good. Had a decent odor not what I would expect could that still come or is that a problem from stress?
Don’t get me wrong you can smell it when you get to the door of my building but it’s not real danish not even to much when you punch a bud. I’ve k my had a couple before this like 2 that I’ve harvested and just plucking a few leaves off her your fingers would stink a whole night.

They should be very aromatic by now :Namaste:
Not sure why it wouldn't be at this stage?
Possibly strain or genetics?

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

I would like to jump in here with the science of water pH in soil. The pH of the water going in has no effect on the pH of the soil, because soil buffers the pH because of both the organic matter in it as well as the added lime.

If that weren't true then pH testing using slurry wouldn't be the gold standard for measuring the pH of soil (which is all that matters to the plants). Within 30-60 minutes of the water going in, the soil will change the pH of that water to the pH of the soil. That's how/why slurry testing works.

Also, you may have seen those charts that show the pH range for nutrient uptake in hydro and soil. You may not have noticed that they actually say "Soil pH" on them and not water pH. For non-hydro growing, it's the pH of the medium that matters, not the water going in.

That said, there's no harm in pH adjusting your nutes, but it's not a necessary step for soil or buffered peat-based media (like ProMix HP or Sunshine Mix 4).
well said shed

Back
Top Bottom