Pests - White flies out of nowhere!

OGClean

So this infestation came out of no where. They look to be white flies, eggs under most/all my leaves
they are destroying my ladies any advice would be helpful.

Im running a short stack tent with a tek 4 florescent light.
4 mothers and a cloning bucket
the mothers are in roots organic soil with a drip feeder
and my cloning bucket has standard supplements

Need some help on how they got there, and how to get rid of them I am using SNS pesticide 203 concentrate but it doesnt seem to be helping

these little buggers have gotten progressively worse and causing my leaves to yellow if these continues ill not be able to get my next grow started and may loose my mothers all together

IMG_091436.JPG
IMG_091243.JPG
IMG_0910_1_1.JPG

those could be white-flies and unfortunately those are claimed immune to pesticides ....

but it seems there are some other ways to at least to get rid of em ....

If these preventative measures still result in the appearance of whiteflies, all is not lost! There are other ways to fight the whitefly. Spraying your plants with the same garlic oil concoction used to combat aphids works on these nasty little insects also.

Another natural solution to ridding your cannabis of whiteflies is to make a simple oil spray by mixing two tablespoons vegetable oil with one gallon water. Pour into a spray bottle and spray the plants thoroughly, paying attention to the undersides of the leaves. Spray your plants twice per week until you no longer see them. Or just ask your local gardening centre for a spray to get rid of white flies.

neem oil is claimed working as well for those little buggers ...

Whiteflies Management Guidelines--UC IPM
Traps
In vegetable gardens, yellow sticky traps can be posted around the garden to trap adults. Such traps won't eliminate damaging populations but may reduce them somewhat as a component of an integrated management program relying on multiple tactics. Whiteflies do not fly very far, so many traps may be needed. You may need as many as one trap for every two large plants, with the sticky yellow part of the trap level with the whitefly infestation. Place traps with the sticky side facing plants but out of direct sunlight.

Traps are most useful for monitoring and detecting whiteflies rather than controlling them. Commercial traps or sticky cards are available in stores and online. Additionally, you can make traps out of 1/4-inch plywood or masonite board, painted bright yellow, and mounted on pointed wooden stakes. Drive stakes into the soil close to the plants that are to be protected. Although commercially available sticky materials such as Tanglefoot are commonly used as coatings for the traps, you might want to try to make your own adhesive from one-part petroleum jelly or mineral oil and one-part household detergent. This material can be easily cleaned off boards with soap and water, whereas a commercial solvent must be used to remove the other adhesives. Periodic cleaning is essential to remove insects and debris from the boards and maintain the sticky surface.

Insecticide Sprays
Whiteflies can be difficult to control with insecticides. Most less-toxic products such as insecticidal soaps, neem oil, or petroleum-based oils control only those whiteflies that are directly sprayed. Therefore, plants must be thoroughly covered with the spray solution, and repeat applications may be necessary. Be sure to cover undersides of all infested leaves; usually these are the lowest leaves and the most difficult to reach. Use soaps or oils when plants are not drought-stressed and when temperatures are under 90°F to prevent possible "burn" damage to plants. Early evening, when there is enough light to safely apply products but when the sun is not shining directly on plants, may be a good time to spray.

The soil-applied systemic insecticide imidacloprid can control whitefly nymphs. Imidacloprid can have negative impacts on natural enemies, honey bees and other pollinators in the garden, especially when applied as a foliar spray or as a soil application to plants that are flowering or soon to be flowering. It can also cause outbreaks of spider mites. Reserve its use for special situations where these problems can be avoided. Avoid using other pesticides (other than soaps and oils) to control whiteflies; not only do most of them kill natural enemies, whiteflies quickly build up resistance to them, and most are not very effective in garden situations.

:goodluck:

those could be white-flies and unfortunately those are claimed immune to pesticides ....

but it seems there are some other ways to at least to get rid of em ....

neem oil is claimed working as well for those little buggers ...

:goodluck:

Thank you for your help and all this new information mokel!

Back
Top Bottom