Pesticides in dispensary products

Sativa1970

Stumbled across this article from the LA Times and felt it should be shared. California vapes and pre rolls have been found with dangerous levels of pesticides. Several of the pesticides used are already banned in the US. I found products from this article listed on my local Midwest dispensary menu. Even if you are not in CA it is being exported. Most of us here grow our own but may know people who still visit dispensaries. Stay safe.

Stumbled across this article from the LA Times and felt it should be shared. California vapes and pre rolls have been found with dangerous levels of pesticides. Several of the pesticides used are already banned in the US. I found products from this article listed on my local Midwest dispensary menu. Even if you are not in CA it is being exported. Most of us here grow our own but may know people who still visit dispensaries. Stay safe.

https://www.latimes.com/california/story/2024-06-14/the-dirty-secret-of-californias-legal-weed
And that’s just the legal weed they are testing. Imagine all the unregulated import weed.

Counterfeit smuggled vapes from Mexico/China are super shady too, and often filled with vitamin E as a filler (very dangerous). They are rampant in SoCal, every time I visit I see no name cartridges and wonder.

And that’s just the legal weed they are testing. Imagine all the unregulated import weed.

Counterfeit smuggled vapes from Mexico/China are super shady too, and often filled with vitamin E as a filler (very dangerous). They are rampant in SoCal, every time I visit I see no name cartridges and wonder.
My guess those counterfeit also, or that was the case when it happened in Oregon a few years back. They easily make the packaging to look like the real thing, way they do things. Kind of like the dangerous Fentanyl is the street stuff with variable dosages that not the same as the RX ones.

I don't know how accurate the test samples were or if the article link even works from here. Just figured if any group should have this information it is this group.
One of the benefits of growing your own as you know what is in it/on it ;) and/or pay attention to the State you are in and how they regulate what can be used to grow it. But lot harder to tell with a concentrate as to what it is compared to some Flower, albeit one can spray crap on them too.
:peace: :passitleft::Namaste:

I grow my own flower and make my own concentrates but I know several people that still visit the dispensary. I shared this article with them and also on here so others can do the same.

The toxins they found are not just Ca nit pick regs. They are on national or international banned lists. If pesticides are in the vapes and pre rolls it logically came from the plant mids. So it would also be in the individual flowers sold. For example, the facility in CA that makes Stiiizy, may not be the same facility that supplies Mo. The two facilities are owned by the same company so they both fallow the same policies and practices. Not getting caught yet and being innocent are two different things. I trust pharmaceutical companies as much as a proctologist that says you may feel some slight pressure.

The ones they had few years back were counterfeit, so in your example packaging that looked exactly the same as Stiiizy but not made by them but made in China or somewhere else. Best to know what your State allows or doesn't allow and whether they test for any of it or not, as every State has their own set of rules.

Counterfeit is a separate issue. These were purchased at multiple legal dispensaries not shady online deals. The state of Ca or any state, for that matter, dose not allow some of these fungicides and pesticides because the use is banned in the US and several other countries. The chemicals that are federally legal to use, were well over FDA safe levels. So it's not a matter of what is state allowed, when federally illegal but what is being actually regulated. Counterfeit or not. When the cannabis industry is self testing or paying for "independent" results there is no true regulation. I would think that if any state had a government run lab it would be the nanny state of Ca.

Back
Top Bottom