Parafin oil?

sammysamsam

Hi can I use parafin oil on my plants? I have a seasol brand one at home for pest control just wondering if okay for these types of plants haha

17273315075028786279987017187089.jpg

Hi can I use parafin oil on my plants? I have a seasol brand one at home for pest control just wondering if okay for these types of plants haha

17273315075028786279987017187089.jpg
Welcome to 420magazine my friend :welcome:
Neem oil is good for pest’s in your garden.
How is the garden doing?
Any pics?

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

Thanks, I'm a first time grower, have 2 on the go and no idea what I am doing haha, cheers I'll get some neem oil instead
Do not confuse paraffin oil which is used for medicines and food preparation with the oil used for burning or as a fuel oil.

The oil in the spray bottle on the photo you showed is perfectly safe for plants including fruits and vegetable. It is one of the oils made with the same process as Mineral Oil which is used on skin and for some stomach problems. It starts off as the same type of oil that is used for preparing foods. One example are the slicing machines for cutting sausages and lunchmeats which will have to be lubricated with a food grade paraffin oil. Food grade paraffin oil is recommended for cleaning and maintenance of wood cutting boards whether in a home kitchen or butcher shop. And the highly refined and edible paraffin oils that can be used for coating fruits and vegetables so that they do not dry out at the grocery stores.

A lot of people confuse these highly refined oils whether food grade or mineral oils with the Paraffin Oil that is used for lanterns and small stoves and is related to the oils used in engines.

The food grade cert simply means it's been cleared of & tested for toxic minerals and microbes. The fact is paraffin wax and oil (refined mineral oil) are cracked from crude oil by the same folks still denying the effects hydrocarbons have on the environment. See link above.

Back
Top Bottom