Pain Management For New Grower

ledtoke420guy

420 Member
I’m excited to join this community and wanted to introduce myself. My name is Alex, and I’m new to the world of cannabis cultivation. I’m embarking on this journey for a very personal reason—managing chronic pain. Over the years, I’ve tried various treatments, but nothing has provided lasting relief. After much research, I’ve decided to grow my own cannabis to create a more natural and potentially effective pain management solution.

A bit about me: I’m a 43-year-old who loves gardening and has a bit of a green thumb, though I’ve never grown cannabis before. I’m eager to learn and soak up all the knowledge this forum has to offer. I’m particularly interested in understanding the best strains for pain relief, tips on indoor growing, and any advice on maximizing yield and potency.

I’m starting with a small indoor setup and have already gathered some basic equipment. A buddy gave me a strain called blue slush fem. Any recommendations on nutrients, or general growing tips would be greatly appreciated. I’m also looking forward to sharing my progress and learning from your experiences.

Thank you all for having me, and I look forward to getting to know you and your plants!

Best regards,

Hunter

Welcome Alex :welcome: you won't be short of help around here. Do you have any photos of your lady?
If you have popped your seeds already what soil did you use? Assuming your aiming for organic style of grow?

There is lots of info here if you have time to go thru some of it, as a variety of approaches like much in life, find what makes sense to you or your situation. As going soil or soilless medium? Figured out what you doing for lighting and ventilation? Here on the Forums you can see what folks have used, and their results as a ton of nutrient lines one can use. Also pending on your location how limited access is to growing mediums or nutrients or lighting even actually. I'm a firm believer of keeping it simple to start with, find out if it your thing or doing what you hope it will do for you. Far as pain goes you have to experiment as everyone is different along with there is different kinds of pain actually. THC or CBD or CBG works for some or a combination as some have one of the others also in it.

Welcome and like I said lots of info here, browse around folks current grows or recent grows as things do change as the science and the plants change.
:passitleft: :peace: :Namaste:

Welcome to 420 Magazine @ledtoke420guy

We have lots of sponsors here to help you. I suggest you (KIS) Keep It Simple you first grow in order to have success in the end.
For nutrients I would go with Geo Flora 2 part dry amendments. Easy to use and you only add it every two weeks. Do you have RO water?

Here's some helpful info: Welcome New Members - Please Read Before Posting

Here is some information if you would like to start a grow journal How to Make a Grow Journal

If you want to see want other growers are doing, here's that link.

This is where you place your grow journal.

Journals in Progress: Current and Ongoing

And, after you have over 50 posts you can vote and enter our contests to win free grow stuff from our sponsors.

420 Contests: Win Cool 420 Prizes

Stay safe, and grow well my friend,

Tok.. :bong:

Also, we now have a Fungi section if you would like to grow mushrooms.

Cannabis can help with pain along two different paths depending on the source of the pain, that caused by inflammation pressing on nerves and often treated with steroids, and neuropathic pain, the kind often treated with opioids.

Many doctors will tell you that a vast majority of medical issues (like 80-90%) are caused by inflammation and a high CBD strain is your go to for that type, while THC dominant strains are better for neuropathic type pain.

That said, both CBD and THC are said to be much more effective with a little bit of the other in the mix in a ratio, like 5:1 or 10:1, so when you go looking for strains keep that in mind. I like to grow two different plants, one high in CBD and very low in THC, and a second one the opposite, high in THC and very low in CBD and then I can mix and match the ratios in whatever levels I like when I make gummies or capsules, etc.

And then you have the two distinct types of canna, sativa dominant and indica dominant. Sativas are often associated with energetic uplifting effects, and indica more relaxing, couch lock type effects though that's obviously a gross oversimplification as there are vast gradients of each depending on the genetics of the plant.

Good luck on your journey. Lots of very good and helpful growers on here happy to offer advice for the asking. The best way to get help is to start a grow journal, link it in your signature and that will attract other growers interested in your type of medium, nutes, etc.

Cannabis is more like homeopathic than modern medicine. You are treating the source not just the symptom. The combination of cannabinoids, terpenes, and how you ingest/metabolize it can make all the difference. It is vary case by case but @Azimuth is right, there is a general direction you should explore. From there it's trial and error until you find what works best for you.

If available you could try individual CBD, CBG, and THC concentrates. It could help isolate the combination and concentration that works best for you. Could help you pick a strain and possibly offer some relief while waiting for harvest.

If available you could try individual CBD, CBG, and THC concentrates. It could help isolate the combination and concentration that works best for you. Could help you pick a strain and possibly offer some relief while waiting for harvest.
Exactly right.

And one reason each of the three is different is how they interact with the receptors in the body.

THC primarily interacts with the CB-1 Receptor which is found primarily in the brain and nervous system, while CBD primarily interacts with the CB-2 receptors found mostly on skin, organs, tissue, etc.

CBG, while similar in effect to CBD including the non-intoxification effects, actually interacts with the CB-1 receptor like THC does so that one could be a good substitute for THC in some mixes.

That's why I like to grow different plants concentrated in only one of the main cannabinoids and then ratio them out for use.

CBD and CBG, at least, are federally legal in all 50 US states and so can be shipped to your door if you're in the US. HealerCBD dot com is a trusted source for me with lots of good articles and videos on all things cannabis can give you a pretty good background well beyond what most users know.

Screenshot_20240624_171209_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20240624_171256_Chrome~2.jpg

Welcome Alex :welcome: you won't be short of help around here. Do you have any photos of your lady?
If you have popped your seeds already what soil did you use? Assuming your aiming for organic style of grow?

Blue slash fem (1).PNG

Welcome to 420 Magazine @ledtoke420guy

We have lots of sponsors here to help you. I suggest you (KIS) Keep It Simple you first grow in order to have success in the end.
For nutrients I would go with Geo Flora 2 part dry amendments. Easy to use and you only add it every two weeks. Do you have RO water?

Here's some helpful info: Welcome New Members - Please Read Before Posting

Here is some information if you would like to start a grow journal How to Make a Grow Journal

If you want to see want other growers are doing, here's that link.

This is where you place your grow journal.

Journals in Progress: Current and Ongoing

And, after you have over 50 posts you can vote and enter our contests to win free grow stuff from our sponsors.

420 Contests: Win Cool 420 Prizes

Stay safe, and grow well my friend,

Tok.. :bong:

Also, we now have a Fungi section if you would like to grow mushrooms.
Yes, I believe my buddy got the seeds from one of your sponsors @rocketseeds I will make sure to document my grow from now on. Thanks for the heads up been very helpful with those tips.

Cannabis can help with pain along two different paths depending on the source of the pain, that caused by inflammation pressing on nerves and often treated with steroids, and neuropathic pain, the kind often treated with opioids.

Many doctors will tell you that a vast majority of medical issues (like 80-90%) are caused by inflammation and a high CBD strain is your go to for that type, while THC dominant strains are better for neuropathic type pain.

That said, both CBD and THC are said to be much more effective with a little bit of the other in the mix in a ratio, like 5:1 or 10:1, so when you go looking for strains keep that in mind. I like to grow two different plants, one high in CBD and very low in THC, and a second one the opposite, high in THC and very low in CBD and then I can mix and match the ratios in whatever levels I like when I make gummies or capsules, etc.

And then you have the two distinct types of canna, sativa dominant and indica dominant. Sativas are often associated with energetic uplifting effects, and indica more relaxing, couch lock type effects though that's obviously a gross oversimplification as there are vast gradients of each depending on the genetics of the plant.

Good luck on your journey. Lots of very good and helpful growers on here happy to offer advice for the asking. The best way to get help is to start a grow journal, link it in your signature and that will attract other growers interested in your type of medium, nutes, etc.
This is very informative my friend. Still learning this is going to be a permanent hobby growing my own medicine. Thank you so much.

Back
Top Bottom