Outdoor Harvest Transport

Cmoneywills

Hey all. Will transporting flower after harvest at low temps (2-6 celcuis) oxidize the Trichomes? They will be in a truck for 3-5 hours. I am also worried about the humidity as they are piled in containers. for that amount of time.

Hey all. Will transporting flower after harvest at low temps (2-6 celcuis) oxidize the Trichomes? They will be in a truck for 3-5 hours. I am also worried about the humidity as they are piled in containers. for that amount of time.
The weight will deform the buds.
Trics will be fine for transportation.
The buds that are crushed will be struck though.
Otherwise your fine.
Don't get caught :Namaste:

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

Trics will be fine for transportation.
Otherwise your fine.
Don't get caught :Namaste:

Stay safe
Bill284 😎
I’d also prefer to transport after dried and cured myself. Much less risk to the buds, especially if compressed for transport. If not possible I’d at least treat with citric acid spray or SNS prior to transport.

Hey all. Will transporting flower after harvest at low temps (2-6 celcuis) oxidize the Trichomes?

you're gonna knock a few off along with some material, but it should stay on the thin side of safe, so far as trichomes are concerned.

if they are covered/blanketed and the temps don't venture too far south you should be ok.

They will be in a truck for 3-5 hours.

that's a trip i haven't explored in a long time with that cargo. i don't miss those. wishing luck, that's a long ways.

I am also worried about the humidity as they are piled in containers. for that amount of time.

define "containers " - assuming you're going to need some sort of covered enclosure for minimal stealth.

depends on the amounts and the initial pack.
guessing it's not a huge concern for his plans/purposes.

Otherwise your fine.
Don't get caught

yup, there's the rub.

I’d also prefer to transport after dried and cured myself. Much less risk to the buds, especially if compressed for transport.

baled and vacuumed packed, and vacuum packed in 5 gal pails used to be pretty common.
it would be processed but not exactly cured. any real curing happened on the receiving end before sale.

You should be fine, that still is and has been acceptable process for a long time. Freezing temps will never cause harm in my experience as long as dried enough before vacuum packing. Not to say if not dried enough it’s a problem for sure, just never did that so it might be - I’m sure someone has tried that can say better.

Back
Top Bottom