Outdoor Grow

Sirdabalot360

First would like to start by saying thank you to everyone who has posted such great information. This forum is just mind blowing! Anyway I have a few questions planning on starting my first outdoor grow my question is what are the main things I have to watch for sense my grow will be in a more swamp area. I have read about digging and making your own soil so I was wondering what medium or mix can I add to help the soil not retain to much water? What would be a good plant for my climate wetlands and heat. Would I be better off growing in large pot off the ground to make sure soil doesn't stay to wet? My main goal is not the amount of bud production but the quality of smoke. Any info will be really helpful thank you!

Hey hey!

I'll try an answer a couple for you!
Personally I find that perlite works really well for drainage in a soil mix. You can go 1 part to 3 parts or 1 to 4 depending on your needs. Also helps with oxygen for the roots.

Not sure what strain you would choose, there are some many more qualified people to answer that one!

In the past I've always grown in pots above the ground, has the advantage of being able to be moved if/ when needed, but in saying that it would be restricting for root growth as they can only grow to the size of the pot. So it really comes down to preferences and needs. Look up donnydanko on this magazine he has AMAZING plants in the ground.

Hope my 2 cents helped even slightly.
All the best for your outdoor adventure!
WS

Thank you very much! Any info is helpful im hoping to have a good outdoor grow plus I'm wanting to stay as organic as possible. I want to actually make my own soil mix which I've seen a couple good videos on YouTube and I'll check out the page.

Thats all good :thumb:

For sure keep us updated on your own soil, sounds very interesting. Are you talking like compost and such?
Explore this site! Its got soooooo much info on here, such an amazing collection from such amazing growers. The search bar is your best friend !!

Here's the link for Dons outdoor grow, I love this journal, and I can't wait for the day when everyone can grow like this.

My Big Girls - Outdoor 2015 - Central WA - Blue Hash & Power Kush

Looking forward to seeing how it all works out for you! Keep us updated!

Happy days
WS

for the soil yea im trying to compost and mixing coco fibers, ground up material trying to make a nice soil mix that will last threw out the growing stages of the plant. makes it easier on the pocket and fertilizer.

I took a quick look at his journal WOW! they look so symertical and healthy beautiful plants. thanks agian ill post as it comes along.

Back
Top Bottom