Odd leaf coloration, deficiency?

Slicknick909

So this plant is 2 weeks into flower, 3 weeks on megacrop now at 6gr/gallon, all my other plants are extremely happy and nice and dark green BUT my GG4 is showing some weird discoloration on the leaves. The media is coco loco, in 5gal equivalent "power pot", nutrients are pH'd to 6.0 before feeding, temps are 74-77°F, light is a series 3+ 500w not dimmed, about 30" from the top of my tallest plant, maybe 34" from the GG4.
IMG_20200205_100021.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20200205_100017.jpg
    IMG_20200205_100017.jpg
    814.8 KB · Views: 116
Your Girls Are BEAUTIFUL IMO! This my first ever personal grow, so any and all pointers are welcomed and appreciated.

Dang I feel like i may be having similar issues

Setup as follows,
Vivosun tent 32x32x64 (great for price but caves in a lot)
Vivosun 6inch 440 CFM with 6"x18" carbon filter
Vivosun 3 Gallon Plant Bags
Vivosun 6 Inch Rotating Fan
20200213_163635.jpg

20200213_163623.jpg

Cal-Mag
Fox Farm Trio
Planted in COCO

I am using RO water only, PHing to 5.85-6.15 (finding a hard time keeping a stable number)

Cheese Fem And White Widow
Germinated 12 hours in water (01/29/2020)
Planted WW on (02/02/2020)
Planted CF on (02/03/2020)

I gave both girls on 02/9/20
1/2 TSP (2.5ML) BIG Bloom
1/4 TSP (1.25ML) Grow Big
1/3 TSP (1.6ML)CAL-MAG
mixed in 1G water, then PH Balanced,
Fed them both 500ML of that mix,

have been only giving PH balanced water since, please help!

The tips of the leaves on the Cheese Fem are slowly turning white.
20200213_163357.jpg

Damaged Cheese Fem

20200213_163426.jpg

And Finally my White Widow which i believe to be healthy

20200213_163443.jpg

Your Girls Are BEAUTIFUL IMO! This my first ever personal grow, so any and all pointers are welcomed and appreciated.

Dang I feel like i may be having similar issues

Setup as follows,
Vivosun tent 32x32x64 (great for price but caves in a lot)
Vivosun 6inch 440 CFM with 6"x18" carbon filter
Vivosun 3 Gallon Plant Bags
Vivosun 6 Inch Rotating Fan
20200213_163635.jpg

20200213_163623.jpg

Cal-Mag
Fox Farm Trio
Planted in COCO

I am using RO water only, PHing to 5.85-6.15 (finding a hard time keeping a stable number)

Cheese Fem And White Widow
Germinated 12 hours in water (01/29/2020)
Planted WW on (02/02/2020)
Planted CF on (02/03/2020)

I gave both girls on 02/9/20
1/2 TSP (2.5ML) BIG Bloom
1/4 TSP (1.25ML) Grow Big
1/3 TSP (1.6ML)CAL-MAG
mixed in 1G water, then PH Balanced,
Fed them both 500ML of that mix,

have been only giving PH balanced water since, please help!

The tips of the leaves on the Cheese Fem are slowly turning white.
20200213_163357.jpg

Damaged Cheese Fem

20200213_163426.jpg

And Finally my White Widow which i believe to be healthy

20200213_163443.jpg
Way too soon to be hitting them that hard right now in my opinion.
How much water are you giving them?

@Emilya has a lot of experience with FF products.
Are you in FF Coco Loco?

how close is that light to the tops of your seedlings 36 inches is good , then start to slowly move them down as the plants get bigger

In the future, (if you not running autos) I’d recommend starting in solo cups, then go into plastic gallons, then into your final.

Here’s a good how to on transplanting...

In the future, (if you not running autos) I’d recommend starting in solo cups, then go into plastic gallons, then into your final.

Here’s a good how to on transplanting...

Is that process done for a reason? the only benefit im seeing is its probably a lot more humid which is good correct? also how would i germinate if i wanted to go that route?

Do you have any pointers or advice for the current setup i am running?

Is that process done for a reason? the only benefit im seeing is its probably a lot more humid which is good correct? also how would i germinate if i wanted to go that route?

Do you have any pointers or advice for the current setup i am running?
Yeah, it allows a good sturdy rootball to form and helps you manage a good wet/dry cycle when watering. (Might read the watering write up in my signature)

If you don’t have a temp/RH gauge, I’d recommend getting one. Find a wireless one that has a sensor you can leave in the tent, and have the receiver mounted somewhere like the fridge so you don’t have to keep going back and forth. (Check out the VPD chart in my signature)

Yeah, it allows a good sturdy rootball to form and helps you manage a good wet/dry cycle when watering. (Might read the watering write up in my signature)

If you don’t have a temp/RH gauge, I’d recommend getting one. Find a wireless one that has a sensor you can leave in the tent, and have the receiver mounted somewhere like the fridge so you don’t have to keep going back and forth. (Check out the VPD chart in my signature)
For germination I let the seeds float in water for 24 hours or so until they crack open, then set in napkins, or go straight into solo cups with holes drilled at the bottom, and put them in another cup to keep water from dripping out. I use clear so I can see the roots, but you’ll need to use a colored cup on the outside.

My auto plant watering guide, or a guide to those who start in their final containers, would go something like this:

In the beginning, attempt to give just enough water to soak in to roughly 3x the plant's height, and in a circle out to 3x the plant's diameter. Do not soak the soil right away.... your new seedling cant handle that much water.

Water like this, with small amounts a couple of times a day, always attempting to get a good part of that water out away from the trunk of the plant, trying to make the outside edges of that circle 3x the diameter of the plant, the wettest places in the container.... attempting to entice the top roots to grow out in that direction.

When the plant's 3x diameter reaches the outside edges of the container, water the entire container slowly, to saturation (runoff) for the first time. It will take a week or more for the plant to use all of that water, but you don't want the plant to sit idle all of that time, so every 3 days do a partial watering of the top of the surface, again with only enough water to soak in to the first 3 or 4 inches. You are attempting to water only the top spreader roots, while the bottom tap/feeder roots continue to work on the water sitting in the bottom of the container.

You may have to do this secondary watering 2 or 3 times while you wait for the container to dry out all the way to the bottom as the plant eventually uses all of that water. Once the lift method tells you it is time to water completely again, repeat the process, and again, every 3 days water the top until the bottom syncs up with the top. Every time you go through one of these cycles, the roots will get stronger and the time between complete waterings will diminish. Eventually the top and the bottom will totally sync up and you will not have to do the secondary watering any more, you will just be watering the whole container every 3 days or so, and eventually that wet/dry cycle will stabilize at around 3 days.

It is important to cycle the plant like this all through veg so as to develop a solid root ball... the roots do not grow unless you challenge them. Once you get into flower, change your strategy. From then on your goal is not building roots, it is using the roots that you have carefully built to pump as much water/nutes into the plant as it can take. I typically will force a 3 day wet/dry cycle into an every other day watering while in flower... and they can take just about as much water as they did in 3 days, if you have done this right.

Back
Top Bottom