Nutrient usage, wow

Gru

Ok I have been using canna a+b.

My method for watering was initially just watering topside but have since started bottom feeding (SIP?).

The feeders hold 1 gallon of water and the plants have been drinking the entire thing in about a day, give or take.

So far for my 6 plants, I have used an entire liter of feed and I broke into the 2nd set I have bought. I had no idea this was so fertilizer heavy.

I just went to flower and I’m thinking I may need to buy a 3rd set of nutrients 😂.

Is it normal to burn through so much nutrients in a coco grow?

My method for watering was initially just watering topside but have since started bottom feeding (SIP?). <cut> Is it normal to burn through so much nutrients in a coco grow?
SIP growing is supposed to save water from what I remember.

I don't follow the SIP thread much. Have you noticed others mentioning using coco in a SIP grow?

SIP growing is supposed to save water from what I remember.

I don't follow the SIP thread much. Have you noticed others mentioning using coco in a SIP grow?
I’ve skimmed the SIP thread and done some other reading and I guess it’s supposed to save on water and therefore nutrients.

While I don't use SIP, I use swick. To me, it seems like my girls drink more and use more nutes with swick than when I did top watering in soil.
I don’t know if it’s SIP exactly (I use those self watering bases) and it’s nonstop. About 1/3rd of the way through my second set of canna base a+b and I’m not even into week 2 of flower 😂

To big of a containers to grow coco coir indoors IMO. Anything over 3 gallons is a waste of coir.

It's very hard to answer your question when you dont mention what size of nutrient bottles you buy and and at what dosage and frequency you use it?

It's better to feed with lower nutrient strength and more often growing in coco coir to prevent pH and EC fluctuations and keeping the mineral ratios and concentrations optimal throughout the grow.

It's easier to help with some numbers. Canna often state their concentration in EC at different dosages, even better to invest in a pH and EC pen so you better can share and troubleshoot your own growing methods and compare it to what other people do.

Canna is made for tap water.

Cheers!

I don’t know if it’s SIP exactly (I use those self watering bases) and it’s nonstop. About 1/3rd of the way through my second set of canna base a+b and I’m not even into week 2 of flower 😂
The ac infinity bases? That's what I use

To big container of containers to grow coco coir indoors IMO. Anything over 3 gallons is a waste of coir.

It's very hard to answer your question when you dont mention what size of nutrient bottles you buy and and at what dosage and frequency you use it?

It's better to feed with lower nutrient strength and more often growing in coco coir to prevent pH and EC fluctuations and keeping the mineral ratios and concentrations optimal throughout the grow.

It's easier to help with some numbers. Canna often state their concentration in EC at different dosages, even better to invest in a pH and EC pen so you better can share and troubleshoot your own growing methods and compare it to what other people do.

Canna is made for tap water.

Cheers!
It’s the 1 liter bottles.

I mix 6 gallons of feed at a time using about 88-90 mL of canna per feed. I have 6 plants and the bases hold 1 gallon per. I do use tap water.

With the canna, some enzymes, calmag etc, I’m at about 950ish ppm. I’ve been ranging the pH from 5.8 to about 6.1.

The EC of the last feed was like 1200 or thereabouts.

The plants are healthy for the most part, the problem is consumption.

It’s the 1 liter bottles.

I mix 6 gallons of feed at a time using about 88-90 mL of canna per feed. I have 6 plants and the bases hold 1 gallon per. I do use tap water.

With the canna, some enzymes, calmag etc, I’m at about 950ish ppm. I’ve been ranging the pH from 5.8 to about 6.1.

The EC of the last feed was like 1200 or thereabouts.

The plants are healthy for the most part, the problem is consumption.
If you want to save some money skip the enzymes and Calmag. If you use tap water there's no need for Calmag. Even with RO water Calmag shouldn't be needed with a formula specifically made for Coco Coir.

There's natural enzymes in the coco coir itself and a healthy medium attracts indigenous micro organisms that's present in the air.

Canna didn't use to sell and market either buffer agents or Calmag products back in the day and the nutrient formula for Canna Coco A+B hasn't changed.

I feed about 500-600ppm / 1.0-1.2 EC up to six times a day in flower, 2-3 times a day in veg. But that's with a dialed in environment and a lot of light. You might get away with half of that depending on how much light you use and how dialed in the environment is.

Back
Top Bottom