Nutes Question

Thank You Bill284, just needed to know since I ordered that item. My Fox Farn Nutes are for Photoperiod and I needed nutes for auto's.
Follow the schedule that comes with them you will be happy with the results.
Have a great weekend buddy.

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

Thank You Bill284, just needed to know since I ordered that item. My Fox Farn Nutes are for Photoperiod and I needed nutes for auto's.
Where did you see that Fox is for photoperiods only?

Yeh iam not one for the difference in nute mix just coz it an auto its a plant
Regards
I can't think of a reason why there would be a difference but I'm not a plant biologist so what do I know.

This is one of my last auto grows and I didn't know about AN for autos. I was using Jack's. Jacks 3-2-1 and it's just plant "cannabis" nutrients.

I stopped growing autos because they grow on their own schedule and, for my setup, they tend to grow out of control. This grow was one of the worst ones. I think this was the last time I grew > 1 plant.

Chris had a good yield (21 ounces) and Mary came in at 9 ounces but Wilma was barely 5 ounces. If there were nutrients for autos, I wish I had known about it. Maybe my auto grows would have gone better with the right type of nutes.

IMG_7406.jpeg

1729377927340.png

Where did you see that Fox is for photoperiods only?
I emailed FoxFarms and they told me. I use their nutes for photoperiod. There's a big difference in the feed schedule compared to nutes for auto's. Here's their response when I emailed them. So I decided not to take a chance of using theirs and get nutes specifically for auto's.

Hello John,

Thank you for contacting FoxFarm! I am happy to help!

I have attached a copy of our Soil Feeding Schedule, which was designed with indoor gardening in mind. The information below may help you with your autoflowering plants. However, we do not have a feeding schedule specifically for autoflowers at this time, and since we do not test on autoflowering plants, we cannot make any guarantees on your results.

Autoflowering plants tend to have a two to four-week growth cycle and a six to eight-week flowering cycle, depending on the strain. On our feeding schedule, weeks 1-4 are for the vegetative stage, and weeks 5-12 are for the flowering stage. If your auto has a shorter vegetative growth cycle, jump to week five on the schedule when ready. If you are trying to decide which weeks to skip for a shorter overall grow, you could skip weeks 1 and 2 in the growth cycle and weeks 10 and 12 in the flowering cycle.

If you have any other questions, please do not hesitate to contact us. To learn more about our company and new products and download our latest feeding schedules, please visit www.FoxFarm.com.

Rebeca
Customer Service
FoxFarm Soil & Fertilizer Company
1-800-436-9327
M-F 8:30am to 5:00pm PT

From: FoxFarm Soil & Fertilizer Company <no-reply@foxfarm.com>
Sent: Friday, October 11, 2024 8:44 AM
To: FoxFarm Customer Service <CustomerService@FoxFarm.com>
Subject: Product Support Form Submission

I emailed FoxFarms and they told me. I use their nutes for photoperiod. There's a big difference in the feed schedule compared to nutes for auto's. Here's their response when I emailed them. So I decided not to take a chance of using theirs and get nutes specifically for auto's.

Hello John,

Thank you for contacting FoxFarm! I am happy to help!

I have attached a copy of our Soil Feeding Schedule, which was designed with indoor gardening in mind. The information below may help you with your autoflowering plants. However, we do not have a feeding schedule specifically for autoflowers at this time, and since we do not test on autoflowering plants, we cannot make any guarantees on your results.

Autoflowering plants tend to have a two to four-week growth cycle and a six to eight-week flowering cycle, depending on the strain. On our feeding schedule, weeks 1-4 are for the vegetative stage, and weeks 5-12 are for the flowering stage. If your auto has a shorter vegetative growth cycle, jump to week five on the schedule when ready. If you are trying to decide which weeks to skip for a shorter overall grow, you could skip weeks 1 and 2 in the growth cycle and weeks 10 and 12 in the flowering cycle.

If you have any other questions, please do not hesitate to contact us. To learn more about our company and new products and download our latest feeding schedules, please visit www.FoxFarm.com.

Rebeca
Customer Service
FoxFarm Soil & Fertilizer Company
1-800-436-9327
M-F 8:30am to 5:00pm PT

From: FoxFarm Soil & Fertilizer Company <no-reply@foxfarm.com>
Sent: Friday, October 11, 2024 8:44 AM
To: FoxFarm Customer Service <CustomerService@FoxFarm.com>
Subject: Product Support Form Submission
Thanks for forwarding that.

Reading through it real quick, I see that Rebeca writes "If your auto has a shorter vegetative growth cycle, jump to week five on the schedule when ready. If you are trying to decide which weeks to skip for a shorter overall grow, you could skip weeks 1 and 2 in the growth cycle and weeks 10 and 12 in the flowering cycle."

It from what she wrote in paragraph three, it sounds like she's providing advice on how to use nutrients with autoflowers.

One of the many reasons I maintain that there is, in almost all characteristics, almost no difference between autos and photos is that I've never seen a company market "nutrients for autos". If there was a difference that they could come up with, nutrient manufacturers, I argue, would jump at the chance.

In this case, it's the same set of bottles but just for a different duration.

She writes:

"If your auto has a shorter vegetative growth cycle, jump to week five on the schedule when ready. If you are trying to decide which weeks to skip for a shorter overall grow, you could skip weeks 1 and 2 in the growth cycle and weeks 10 and 12 in the flowering cycle."

There's no mention of using different nutrients, rather it's a question of using the same nutrient line but using the veg nutes and the flower nutes for different durations than when using them with photoperiod plants.

That's completely understandable because with the exception of autoflowers not needing to be flipped to 12-12, at the genetic level, they're just another cannabis cannabis sativa and cannabis cannabis indica hybrid.

I bring this up because I was wondering is some nute company was actually selling a separate line of nutes for autos. That would be interesting to see but I've never seen that. I occasionally visit the site for autoflower cannabis growers and there's no discussion of "nutes for autos".

If you're happy with Fox, there's no reason to not use them, at least not according to what Rebeca has said. AN ihas been around for some times you should get good results with them, as well.

Thanks for forwarding that.

Reading through it real quick, I see that Rebeca writes "If your auto has a shorter vegetative growth cycle, jump to week five on the schedule when ready. If you are trying to decide which weeks to skip for a shorter overall grow, you could skip weeks 1 and 2 in the growth cycle and weeks 10 and 12 in the flowering cycle."

It from what she wrote in paragraph three, it sounds like she's providing advice on how to use nutrients with autoflowers.

One of the many reasons I maintain that there is, in almost all characteristics, almost no difference between autos and photos is that I've never seen a company market "nutrients for autos". If there was a difference that they could come up with, nutrient manufacturers, I argue, would jump at the chance.

In this case, it's the same set of bottles but just for a different duration.

She writes:

"If your auto has a shorter vegetative growth cycle, jump to week five on the schedule when ready. If you are trying to decide which weeks to skip for a shorter overall grow, you could skip weeks 1 and 2 in the growth cycle and weeks 10 and 12 in the flowering cycle."

There's no mention of using different nutrients, rather it's a question of using the same nutrient line but using the veg nutes and the flower nutes for different durations than when using them with photoperiod plants.

That's completely understandable because with the exception of autoflowers not needing to be flipped to 12-12, at the genetic level, they're just another cannabis cannabis sativa and cannabis cannabis indica hybrid.

I bring this up because I was wondering is some nute company was actually selling a separate line of nutes for autos. That would be interesting to see but I've never seen that. I occasionally visit the site for autoflower cannabis growers and there's no discussion of "nutes for autos".

If you're happy with Fox, there's no reason to not use them, at least not according to what Rebeca has said. AN ihas been around for some times you should get good results with them, as well.
But she also said she cannot be sure of the results since they don't test on autos so why take a chance. My plants are already in 5 gal pots and I'll need to start feeding soon. The FFOF soil has nutes built in so I should be good until the new nutes come.

Back
Top Bottom