Numer

sammy1976

420 Member
Numerous branches after 3 toppings mostly in the middle. I've tied the branches down on the sides. Idk if I should remove some of the branches that are leggy? Or should I just let it go and do it's thing? Should I remove some fan leaves to let some light in? It only gets 7 hrs of good light due to shady yard. Plz give advice!

1000001191.jpg

hey Sammy,

dealers choice, normally I start by tying the outer branches down, just pull them a few inches and tie to the side of your bucket or bag. Another option is to very lightly break the arms.. it’s old hat trick that’s called supercropping. The bend point heals by next day but over time it forms a knuckle which strengthens as it increases internal sap flow to repair that branch…

don’t forget tucking, the fan leaves can be easily pushed around to expose lowers

Personally I don’t defol now, I’ve done it before but imho it’s wasted energy in one manner of thinking. A fan leaf does multiple functions, mainly process food cuz your fan leaves eat light to create photosynthesis, there’s transpiration and nutrient storage to name a few. Why take off a fan then? I know there’s just as many that swear by defol…. so yeah whatevs

as far as trimming I’d cut only the growth tips down low so it won’t produce inferior bud that won’t make it up to the top of canopy. it’s called lollipopping.

Im going to link you to Sheds journal there’s tutorials on everything down in the bottom of his signature line…. InTheShed supercropping tutorial

later!

Back
Top Bottom