Not sure whats going on here

Zayyyoo

420 Member
So this is day 14 of my auto flower being planted just moved into its new pot but this started 2 days prior to it being moved I only use spring water and water when the the pot is light and feeling dry within the top inch or 2 and I havent gave any nutrients yet light schedule is 18/6 I noticed when I turned the light strength up this happened 2 days later so i turned it down and it seems to be getting worse. Also I keep the humidity around 60-70 percent and the temp 70-78 degrees. Any ideas this is my first time growing :/

image.jpg

I think raising the light will help. When you say spring water, what does that mean? Have you tested the PH? Spring water hs some good stuff, mineral wise, in it, but it can also be alkaline, sometimes very alkaline. I would say you could very lightly add nutes (25%), if the soil is not amendedand, then see how the plant reacts. What kind of soil is that?

welcome aboard!

key word here is autoflower, given the right gardener they can sing- but they can also be quite temperamental. It’s easy to stunt or stall an auto, and if happens- do not pass go, don’t not collect 200 nuggets. Time will tell on yours, autos can trigger flower at any time or under any light schedule

but since you mentioned first timer… if she fails then we will help you start over. I’d suggest you use up your auto beans then next time consider switching to feminized photoperiods beans. Unlike autos- photos can bounce back from mistakes no sweat.

welcome aboard!

key word here is autoflower, given the right gardener they can sing- but they can also be quite temperamental. It’s easy to stunt or stall an auto, and if happens- do not pass go, don’t not collect 200 nuggets. Time will tell on yours, autos can trigger flower at any time or under any light schedule

but since you mentioned first timer… if she fails then we will help you start over. I’d suggest you use up your auto beans then next time consider switching to feminized photoperiods beans. Unlike autos- photos can bounce back from mistakes no sweat.
I keep wondering why I keep reading Autos are best for newbies. I am towards the end of my first grow and choose photoperiods and I am glad I did so I could delay flowering to fix issues. I got 4 plants in a tent that I didn't flip to flower until 9 or 10 weeks in veg. I got outside plants that I used a flood light to confuse them on the hours of daylight left in the day to give them an extra week or 2 to recover from issues.

think it’s just marketing spin to sell more gear, so when it hits the wall one has to come back for more beans.

no lie I still suck at autos, for me it’s guaranteed tiny budsickle that won’t fill a one hitter! In spite of this kinda figure it’s my duty to keep the economy rolling so I’m dedicated to frying one or two auto beans each year

I mostly grow autos now, usually 4 harvests per year but when I do do photos, I get what photo growers mean about dense buds, more flavour and a stronger stone

I keep wondering why I keep reading Autos are best for newbies.
I have wondered the same and have yet to see a decent explanation. After reading your msg last night I decided to let Mr. Google find and suggest some answers.

One big reason was that new growers would find it easier. But, no real mentioning that these new growers would still have to take the time to learn about the differences between coco coir & peat moss mix and a compost and Perlite mix. No explanation of the difference between a soil mix grow and a hydroponic set-up. The list of of what a new grower should have at least a basic understanding about goes on but little or no mention of it.

A lot of promotion that auto-flowers could be harvested sooner. The auto can start going into a flowering stage in 3 weeks and after another 8 weeks it is time to light up bowl. No mention made to the new grower that they will have to get the plant to a decent size in those two or three weeks before the plant enters flowering.

New growers do not have to be concerned about two different lighting schedules because they can use the same one from day one through to harvest. So why do these new auto-flower growers act so confused about the difference having the lights on for 12 hours per day or being on for 18 hours per day.

What is not mentioned is that new growers need the same self discipline to learn and understand the same knowledge as a photo-period grower if they want to be successful.

I have wondered the same and have yet to see a decent explanation. After reading your msg last night I decided to let Mr. Google find and suggest some answers.

One big reason was that new growers would find it easier. But, no real mentioning that these new growers would still have to take the time to learn about the differences between coco coir & peat moss mix and a compost and Perlite mix. No explanation of the difference between a soil mix grow and a hydroponic set-up. The list of of what a new grower should have at least a basic understanding about goes on but little or no mention of it.

A lot of promotion that auto-flowers could be harvested sooner. The auto can start going into a flowering stage in 3 weeks and after another 8 weeks it is time to light up bowl. No mention made to the new grower that they will have to get the plant to a decent size in those two or three weeks before the plant enters flowering.

New growers do not have to be concerned about two different lighting schedules because they can use the same one from day one through to harvest. So why do these new auto-flower growers act so confused about the difference having the lights on for 12 hours per day or being on for 18 hours per day.

What is not mentioned is that new growers need the same self discipline to learn and understand the same knowledge as a photo-period grower if they want to be successful.
I see not only advertisements say autos are best for beginners, but I have seen people in forums say it too. As far as all the things new growers need to figure out the light schedule is easy to understand and execute, especially if you use a timer. So, if it is the light schedule that makes people say autos are best for beginners then I am calling b.s. The difficult thing is figuring out the right amount of nutes and recognizing what the plant's overall health is and reading the subtle signs a plant gives before it turns into a bigger issue.

...recognizing what the plant's overall health is and reading the subtle signs a plant gives before it turns into a bigger issue.
That's the same as with any plant isn't it?
:passitleft:

Back
Top Bottom