Newty's Coco Coir & Compost Bag Seed Grow Journal - 2017

420-magazine-mobile716251729.jpg

I pulled off Christina's sacks and they are white inside? I'm keeping the possible hermies on the kitchen table for now:/
BB likes having the tent to herself I think! Humidity went right down to 50% as soon as the 2 came out. Now to find some neem oil! Also there was this surprise in my prescription this month!!
420-magazine-mobile1141231333.jpg

I think there is 25 seeds here! All ghost train haze;)
Ghost Train Haze Strain Information - Leafly

420-magazine-mobile716251729.jpg

I pulled off Christina's sacks and they are white inside? I'm keeping the possible hermies on the kitchen table for now:/
BB likes having the tent to herself I think! Humidity went right down to 50% as soon as the 2 came out. Now to find some neem oil! Also there was this surprise in my prescription this month!!
420-magazine-mobile1141231333.jpg

I think there is 25 seeds here! All ghost train haze;)
Ghost Train Haze Strain Information - Leafly
Hmm hard to say but the sacks look like seed husk or pollen sac.. definitely something that isn't supposed to be there. Keep an eye out for any future development :eek: MM ghost train haze one of my favs!

Also the top picture on the post with 2 shows a real nice swollen calyx :)

Thanks for the extra eyes . I definitely have them both in isolation for now. Space is a bit of an issue but for now they are on the kitchen table enjoying the sun. Lol not sure where I'm going to put them for 12 dark hours? This was my first time ordering ghost train haze and 2 of the buds had all of these seeds. I'd share if you were close! I wonder if they will be good seeds? They are from an LP. Might start a few since my recent he/she troubles.

Also HortiShorti, what did you do when you had to take your male out? Do you think I could use any of the plants green buds to cook with or extract? I'm going to google as well but thought I'd see if you had any suggestions? I also kept all my defoliation, it's dried and I am hoping there is a use

Also HortiShorti, what did you do when you had to take your male out? Do you think I could use any of the plants green buds to cook with or extract? I'm going to google as well but thought I'd see if you had any suggestions? I also kept all my defoliation, it's dried and I am hoping there is a use
If it's a straight male, the cannabinoid content isn't all that great. If it's a hermie, it's good to go for all uses :)

I honestly trashed my males because they just lead to greater impurities (more plant matter, less good stuff). I'd be lying if I said I didn't attempt to cook/extract at first, but it was that experience that led me to just toss them.

Thanks. I'll hang on to these diverse girls for now because there buds are so fuzzy. I'll let them go a bit, try to pick off what I can then bake/extract lol. I'll let you know what happens .#madscientistexperiments
I'd just hang on to them honestly, the worst than can really happen is you get some feminized seeds :)

420-magazine-mobile814672729.jpg

Everyone got a neem bath last night! I haven't seen any new gnats but I'll do one more bath on Wednesday night
420-magazine-mobile940753971.jpg
to make sure! I hate spraying BB's buds but hoping they will dry out good. The 2 she/he's are enjoying their banishment at the window...I'll just be harvesting seeds in the dining room. My husband is rolling his eyes all over the house as we take over! Lol Have a happy Monday, I'm off to work .

All caught up Newty!

I definitely like that you got a tent and it looks pretty good. I know you've been reading up at some of my stuff on my journal but take a really close look at the post I did on my feedings. I've had good results with the 3 part General Hydroponics series and it is pretty cheap. I also explain how I mix my nutes.

Looks like we both like to make edibles! I'll look forward to seeing your goodies and your new seeds! I'll definitely be able to help with that grow if you would like. I think with a little help and the right materials you will knock it out of the park. Have you thought of going either all coco or all soil?

All caught up Newty!

I definitely like that you got a tent and it looks pretty good. I know you've been reading up at some of my stuff on my journal but take a really close look at the post I did on my feedings. I've had good results with the 3 part General Hydroponics series and it is pretty cheap. I also explain how I mix my nutes.

Looks like we both like to make edibles! I'll look forward to seeing your goodies and your new seeds! I'll definitely be able to help with that grow if you would like. I think with a little help and the right materials you will knock it out of the park. Have you thought of going either all coco or all soil?

Thanks for taking the time to look Ase! I will take any help I can get. Currently I'm gathering much info for my next grow and I'm planning to use only Coco with some pebbles at the bottom? I've been following your journal to try and gather as much info as possible and I'm very overwhelmed. the nutrients have been far lacking over here as o try to take it all in. My dad grows inside as well and so I learn a lot from him too. His stuff is not as potent as I need so I'm trying to learn all these new to me techniques . I'm a mostly edibles kinda gal so have been trying to learn the best way to harvest them to make oil. I'm following a lengthy journal about this now but it's hard to keep up...lol

The colors on your he/she's are so pretty and nice, I love the slight purple hues! How are they faring in the window so far? Also, are any of the hairs on your other plant also turning?

I wouldn't worry about putting pebbles at the bottom, they won't help with drainage unless it's perlite :) How's your other plant liking the tent? How's it doing under the mars?

Thanks for taking the time to look Ase! I will take any help I can get. Currently I'm gathering much info for my next grow and I'm planning to use only Coco with some pebbles at the bottom? I've been following your journal to try and gather as much info as possible and I'm very overwhelmed. the nutrients have been far lacking over here as o try to take it all in. My dad grows inside as well and so I learn a lot from him too. His stuff is not as potent as I need so I'm trying to learn all these new to me techniques . I'm a mostly edibles kinda gal so have been trying to learn the best way to harvest them to make oil. I'm following a lengthy journal about this now but it's hard to keep up...lol

Coco is all about what you give the plants since it is a blank slate. Make sure you have either a 3 part series or 2 part nutrient series for coco. Also make sure you have cal-mag a PH pen and ppm meter. I would also recommend a bloom booster. That is the minimum for 100% coco I feel. I'd also recommend doing them in 3 gallon airpots. All that stuff isn't too expensive and once you have that I guarantee there are quite a few people that can help you really get quality stuff and nice yields. Coco is fun but you have to know what you are doing so if you have any questions or feel overwhelmed then stop by my thread and ask questions!

The colors on your he/she's are so pretty and nice, I love the slight purple hues! How are they faring in the window so far? Also, are any of the hairs on your other plant also turning?

I wouldn't worry about putting pebbles at the bottom, they won't help with drainage unless it's perlite :) How's your other plant liking the tent? How's it doing under the mars?

I use a layer of hydroton on the bottom of my bags to help with drainage. I've found certain areas of coco on the bottom of the bag can be more saturated than others and the hydroton has helped with even drainage. Same concept as perlite at the bottom but easier to clean up and sift out when re-using.

Thanks Horti . your always so kind . here are some updated photos of the gals;) The window is not their favourite place but I'm kinda of experimenting now and they don't seem to worse for wear but they are also not really growing:/ I don't have anywhere else for them right now so we will see what happens? it's too cold at night here for them to go outside, dipping to zero at night! Ack also they seem to have brown spots so there's that. They showed up after the neem application? The leaves also seem dry but the medium is damp. It's only the two window dwellers and BB didn't skip a beat really.

Also, all their colours are changing including the pistols and BB loves the light to herself! I have it about 9" from BB. She is definitely turning purple Eeeeee! The clones are almost all yellow but still kicking;)
Mabel
420-magazine-mobile637473058.jpg

Next 2 are Christina
420-magazine-mobile1943269403.jpg
420-magazine-mobile2013683361.jpg

Aaaaaand BB!
420-magazine-mobile1969736855.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1538192211.jpg

I hope things are great for you.

Coco is all about what you give the plants since it is a blank slate. Make sure you have either a 3 part series or 2 part nutrient series for coco. Also make sure you have cal-mag a PH pen and ppm meter. I would also recommend a bloom booster. That is the minimum for 100% coco I feel. I'd also recommend doing them in 3 gallon airpots. All that stuff isn't too expensive and once you have that I guarantee there are quite a few people that can help you really get quality stuff and nice yields. Coco is fun but you have to know what you are doing so if you have any questions or feel overwhelmed then stop by my thread and ask questions!

Thanks for the great start Ace. I have most of those things on my wish list so we are on the same wave length.I'll be following along and asking questions for sure! Thanks for being so kind as to help out a newb! Keep on keepin on

Thanks for the great start Ace. I have most of those things on my wish list so we are on the same wave length.I'll be following along and asking questions for sure! Thanks for being so kind as to help out a newb! Keep on keepin on

I'm really excited to see how our next coco runs turn out, Newty! having all that equipment does make a huge difference. & my clones are 100% loving the coco, with about 1"-1.5" growth daily. Hows your babies doing today?

Me too! I have so many ideas and notes to prepare for my next grow. I'm thinking Coco perlite as well;) so I'm excited to watch and follow in your footsteps! I was thinking of starting my seeds in about a month so stay tuned. My girls are good, thanks for asking:) gnats are still flying so that's annoying but I'll neem again next week again...they need a neem break. I'm headed to our local hydroponic store today to get myself real bloom nutes and ppm/ph tester etc to help finish off this grow. I think they are suffering from a small phosphorus deficiency so I need to remedy that. I will post pics tonight when I get home to see if I can get help with that diagnosis. Have a great day girl!

Newty's Coco Coir & Compost Bag Seed Grow Journal - 2017

Me too! I have so many ideas and notes to prepare for my next grow. I'm thinking Coco perlite as well;) so I'm excited to watch and follow in your footsteps! I was thinking of starting my seeds in about a month so stay tuned. My girls are good, thanks for asking:) gnats are still flying so that's annoying but I'll neem again next week again...they need a neem break. I'm headed to our local hydroponic store today to get myself real bloom nutes and ppm/ph tester etc to help finish off this grow. I think they are suffering from a small phosphorus deficiency so I need to remedy that. I will post pics tonight when I get home to see if I can get help with that diagnosis. Have a great day girl!

I used to use perlite but I highly advise against it. It really isn't necessary at all. If your plants get really big it makes everything dry out really fast causing you to have to water more than you already have to with coco. Coco always contains about 1/3 oxygen and the roots don't need perlite like they do in soil. Just my opinion.

Also you can re-use coco so separating the perlite can be a real pain. It won't hurt your grow to use it, just is more of a hassle in the end then anything. Glad to see you are getting the right tools. They don't have to be expensive, they just have to work. I'd also advise getting some 7.0 PH testing solution. Should be cheap and a good way to check calibration on the PH meter to make sure it doesn't get out of whack like they tend to do over time.

When I've had gnats in the past I just put yellow fly paper near the topsoil level and let everything dry out a bit. They like humidity so maybe see if that + your neem will get rid of them. Just depends on how bad they are. A few gnats is no big deal.

Back
Top Bottom