Newty's Coco Coir & Compost Bag Seed Grow Journal - 2017

I fed them this morning. Very hungry/thirsty girls! Only a bit of run off from Mabel and Christina and none from Big Bertie.
I will do this once a week. I need to water them waaaaay less now that they are inside. I finally decided to check humidity and it's a whopping 70% dipping to almost 80% overnight so my diy exhaust is not cutting it. I bought a little dehumidifier so will put that in the closet when it comes tomorrow. I'd like to get it closer to 40% which is what I've read as the norm while flowering. I've been reading and thinking I will try to get it lower than 40% the last couple weeks. Also I'll use the dehumidifier for drying! Only 8 ish weeks to go.I took a couple close up pics of Christina's pistols this morning. They are so alert and begging for pollen! Sorry Christina.

420-magazine-mobile1233915450.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1734320098.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1611368105.jpg

Those are some really nice looking buds! That bloom enhancer will make a huge difference!! Remember though, it's a bloom "enhancer" ~ it isn't a full bloom nutrient, I see that it contains citric and lactic acid so it WILL lower your overall PH(thank god you're in coco). Start slow with it to see how they handle, I don't think it will burn your babies but better safe than sorry, right?

I'm glad to see them all doing better, Newty! They're gonna give you some nice meds for sure :circle-of-love: Big Bertie's already packing on some resin for ya :thumb::goodjob:

Those are some really nice looking buds! That bloom enhancer will make a huge difference!! Remember though, it's a bloom "enhancer" ~ it isn't a full bloom nutrient, I see that it contains citric and lactic acid so it WILL lower your overall PH(thank god you're in coco). Start slow with it to see how they handle, I don't think it will burn your babies but better safe than sorry, right?

I'm glad to see them all doing better, Newty! They're gonna give you some nice meds for sure :circle-of-love: Big Bertie's already packing on some resin for ya :thumb::goodjob:

Thanks Horti for all your great knowledge especially helping me understand the nutrition part a lot more! I'm sponging up what I can! Lol I will be using the fox farms trio for my next grow! Speaking of next grow, I finally bought some seeds from AMS which I'll start in a few weeks. I can't depend on my two small clones. I'm pretty excited to grow my actual meds this time
420-magazine-mobile1994058182.jpg

Thanks Horti for all your great knowledge especially helping me understand the nutrition part a lot more! I'm sponging up what I can! Lol I will be using the fox farms trio for my next grow! Speaking of next grow, I finally bought some seeds from AMS which I'll start in a few weeks. I can't depend on my two small clones. I'm pretty excited to grow my actual meds this time
420-magazine-mobile1994058182.jpg
Thank you thank you, Newty! It isn't my knowledge though, I'm only borrowing it from the real pro's around the board :)

Those are some really amazing strains right there, I wish I had it in me to buy seeds haha.

Also, do some more research before deciding on fox farm trio. Their products are great and people do get great results, but for the price of the trio you can build a super soil that needs nothing but water ph'd to 7.0 with an occasional ammendment topping, from seed to harvest.

I can tell you from my experience that I'm exploring my options, I have serious doubts about continuing with the fox farm lineup. There are many nutrient lines out there, developed and produced with Cannabis in mind. The reason being is that, of the trio, ONLY the Big Bloom is organic. They do have a line of organics, I believed named "Smart Naturals" but still.

I'm excited to see what comes of your seeds, Newty :) will definitely tune in for the ride.

Thanks for the feedback, the other line I was looking at is dyna-grow. I'll look into the supersoil too, I did look at this when I started looking at mediums but was too overwhelmed so I think I'll revisit. There sure are some real pros here at 420 and I'm sucking it up like a sponge! Now if I wasn't so medicated when I read, maybe I wouldn't have to read everything 3 times! . good meds;) I'm very excited for my new seeds to get here and was pretty glad they threw in 5 auto fems to try out! Cheese is a fav of mine too so it was meant to be!

Glad to have you here.

420-magazine-mobile742976365.jpg

Morning! Day 18 since their sex was shown. The girls are doing ok, I don't know if there is enough exhaust in the closet, even with the dehumidifier going the RH it's still between 50-60%. I am waiting for my tent to arrive today and I'm hoping I can build something better to keep the air flowing and get the moisture under control. Any easy cheap suggestions are welcome;) I plan to use the closet for veg when my seeds arrive:) I'll be getting another mars, prob a 600 to use in the flowering tent and I'll put the 300 in the closet for veg. I can't afford it until next month but they should be fine until then.
420-magazine-mobile2134441230.jpg

I made some potent Canna chocolates last night! Chocolate mint flavour this time! Yumo

Mmm just looking at those canna-cholocates is making my mouth water. I bet they were tasty and got the job done. Your girls are looking good, Newty! I can already tell you're gonna have some chunky buds there :thumb: A mars 600 should do a nice job for flowering :) Congrats on the tent also!

Mmm just looking at those canna-cholocates is making my mouth water. I bet they were tasty and got the job done. Your girls are looking good, Newty! I can already tell you're gonna have some chunky buds there :thumb: A mars 600 should do a nice job for flowering :) Congrats on the tent also!

Yes thanks, the chocolates are nice and quick!
420-magazine-mobile1082247465.jpg

Finally the tent! They seem to love it so I'll keep working on an exhaust system in there.

420-magazine-mobile1399268075.jpg
420-magazine-mobile307813216.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1146825491.jpg

A couple pics of the new set up. I'm pretty impressed with the tent. About 12 square feet which is perfect. I have a make shift exhaust with a double fan blowing the air in at the bottom and the little mini blowing it up and out the tent. The mini dehumidifier is in their helping out as well. The temps stay steady at 65-70 all day and closer to 80 at night. This is due to the tent being sealed up at night. I will have to figure out some way to let the air circulate at night without letting light leaks in. . I'm in the planning process for my DIY exhaust. I also have the window open to let fresh cool air in. The humidity has gone down to 50-60% during the day and jumps back up to 70% at night. Again, night time exhaust should fix that. As soon as I open things up, the humidity drops from 70 to 50.

420-magazine-mobile1890068507.jpg

On another note, I was doing a photo shoot of BB and noticed this bug!! Ack there were 2 on the stems like that and I squished them! I also noticed a few fruit flies buzzing and I killed them. Anyone recognize that bug? Is it just a fruit fly baby? Are fruit flies super bad? .I just got rid of the pests and I'm scared to spray her so I'll be watching .

420-magazine-mobile306857599.jpg
420-magazine-mobile90237007.jpg

Aaaaaand some of the photo shoot with BB.

I definitely like the setup! You're no doubt gonna want to fix the temps to be lower at night than during the day, also take care of the bug problem ASAP, my oldest brother years ago when I was young had a beautiful plant go belly-up over bugs that looked JUST like that. They the nugs ended up INFESTED, literally, probably hundreds and hundreds per bud :( I recommend Neem Oil application to use during lights off.

Aside from that, it's starting to look really nice! good job!

Also! now that you're in a tent, try to get that light down to just 12 inches from the tops! I've currently got both lights about 8-9" from the tops of my plant :) They'll thank you.

I definitely like the setup! You're no doubt gonna want to fix the temps to be lower at night than during the day, also take care of the bug problem ASAP, my oldest brother years ago when I was young had a beautiful plant go belly-up over bugs that looked JUST like that. They the nugs ended up INFESTED, literally, probably hundreds and hundreds per bud :( I recommend Neem Oil application to use during lights off.

Aside from that, it's starting to look really nice! good job!

Also! now that you're in a tent, try to get that light down to just 12 inches from the tops! I've currently got both lights about 8-9" from the tops of my plant :) They'll thank you.

Also, do you think I could use this or should I find straight neem oil?
Safer'S 3-in-1 Garden Spray 1L Ready-to-Use | The Home Depot Canada

Thanks Horti! God dam bugs!! I'll try to find some neem oil:/ I will need to be more preventative next grow as well. Thanks for the tips about the light, I'm on it ;) have a great day girl!
At least you're catching them early! When it comes to using soils/coco/etc, catching any issue early is about the best we can do so don't trouble yourself too much over it. You have a great day too! It's Saturday so I'm indulging in some edibles hehe. Hope you're nicely medicated for this great weekend .

Back
Top Bottom