Newty's Coco Coir & Compost Bag Seed Grow Journal - 2017

420-magazine-mobile886919499.jpg

Little morning exercise for the girls. It's on a really low setting and they love it! They have been hit by a fan since they were seedlings, I believe this is a main reason they have sturdy stalks to hold buds! Now that they are inside, I have a mini fan bolted to the wall that hits them lightly all the time and I use it to keep the air flowing. No moisture in this closet! They seem like they are not growing these past couple days but I expected that with the defoliation.

Newty's Coco Coir & Compost Bag Seed Grow Journal - 2017

How tall are your girls? They may have reached the point that they need new homes in a bigger pot! Once they become rootbound they will stop growing pretty much from my understanding. My plants slowed down big time before I could get my soil and transplant them! Pretty much you wanna let them grow a foot per gallon of soil so 1 gal is 1 ft in growth and so on and so forth.

Re: Newty's Coco Coir & Compost Bag Seed Grow Journal - 2017

How tall are your girls? They may have reached the point that they need new homes in a bigger pot! Once they become rootbound they will stop growing pretty much from my understanding. My plants slowed down big time before I could get my soil and transplant them! Pretty much you wanna let them grow a foot per gallon of soil so 1 gal is 1 ft in growth and so on and so forth.

Yes! I was thinking that myself. They are almost 2 feet. I was thinking especially the centre one might need a new home. She has been in that big pot the longest. The other 2 were transplanted about a month ago. I don't even know what size these pots are! Lol

If they're pushing 2 feet I would imagine it's getting close to time! I went from a solo cup, to a gallon, to 3 gallons over the course of a month with the last transplant being yesterday.

If you can measure the dimensions of your pot you can figure out exactly how much soil is in there lol it's a little work but it can be done!

I was thinking that 5 gallons is what I can go to(space wise) my dad told me that my pots would be fine to finish (he's been growing for years but his own old style way.) I'm thinking I'll transplant once more, how did your do this last transplant? The last time I transplanted all went very well!

I was thinking that 5 gallons is what I can go to(space wise) my dad told me that my pots would be fine to finish (he's been growing for years but his own old style way.) I'm thinking I'll transplant once more, how did your do this last transplant? The last time I transplanted all went very well!

So far everything seems fine..they didn't droop at all and had a very well formed rootball to move from pot to pot. I just barely had enough soil and perlite to get by with the pots I bought. I really could've used double the soil to have the girls sitting st the very top of the pot but unfortunately for me I dont have direct access to more soil so they had to sit down in the pots a good bit (almost the entire plant height, about 8 in well trained)

So far everything seems fine..they didn't droop at all and had a very well formed rootball to move from pot to pot. I just barely had enough soil and perlite to get by with the pots I bought. I really could've used double the soil to have the girls sitting st the very top of the pot but unfortunately for me I dont have direct access to more soil so they had to sit down in the pots a good bit (almost the entire plant height, about 8 in well trained)

That's ok, they look heathy! I just figured out my pots are 3 g

So you should have a little room to work with in the soil by the 1 gallon 1 ft ratio. I'm not sure what else it could be

Thanks, I'll look into bigger pots this week, I have lots of medium so that should be no problem!

Ok I'm ordering fox farms soon. Thinking this pack below. All I have is MG right now and I need to feed them. I've mixed a new batch of full strength (been using 1/3 strength in Veg and only fed once a week after they got to be about 6 inches tall) I feed them by squirting the food into the soil. I give them about 6 squirts each. How much of this new full strength food should I give them? Also I mixed the food in rain water as per usual which is also what I use to water them. Do I give them 6 squirts each of the new stuff or should I give them more? How often should I feed them now that they are 12/12 (just started last week)

Ok I'm ordering fox farms soon. Thinking this pack below. All I have is MG right now and I need to feed them. I've mixed a new batch of full strength (been using 1/3 strength in Veg and only fed once a week after they got to be about 6 inches tall) I feed them by squirting the food into the soil. I give them about 6 squirts each. How much of this new full strength food should I give them? Also I mixed the food in rain water as per usual which is also what I use to water them. Do I give them 6 squirts each of the new stuff or should I give them more? How often should I feed them now that they are 12/12 (just started last week)
Newty, everything looks good!

You say your plants are growing slowly and you figure it may be from the defol - I'm curious about the way your closet is set up for ventilation once your lights go off. If you have 3gal containers, that should be more than enough for them to finish in (my container is 3.66gal). As long as you're running a positive temperature difference between lights on/off, and the roots have some moisture, aeration and nutrients, they should grow :)

I'm happy to see you're looking at nutrients for your babies as well, that will make a huge difference for you! Since your plant is already in the flowering stage, you're gonna want to skip the grow big - high N fertilizers can slow down bud production (so I've heard)

I use big bloom and tiger bloom currently and I'm really happy with them! (My clones DO get grow big now though)

I'm curious, do you mean that you squirt the plant food on the medium before watering?

Newty, everything looks good!

You say your plants are growing slowly and you figure it may be from the defol - I'm curious about the way your closet is set up for ventilation once your lights go off. If you have 3gal containers, that should be more than enough for them to finish in (my container is 3.66gal). As long as you're running a positive temperature difference between lights on/off, and the roots have some moisture, aeration and nutrients, they should grow :)

I'm happy to see you're looking at nutrients for your babies as well, that will make a huge difference for you! Since your plant is already in the flowering stage, you're gonna want to skip the grow big - high N fertilizers can slow down bud production (so I've heard)

I use big bloom and tiger bloom currently and I'm really happy with them! (My clones DO get grow big now though)

I'm curious, do you mean that you squirt the plant food on the medium before watering?

Thanks again Horti! Yes the DIY grow closet! Lol ventilation is basically a mini fan rigged up blowing day and night with an almost open door. I keep the room black out when lights out. The temps are pretty good, 70-75 during lights on and about 65 with lights out. I'm thinking that's ok. I'll keep watching .
Thanks for the nutrient advice! I'm so lost here. What I do is squirt the mixed plant food onto the medium and then I water them. I squirt the base of each plant 5 or 6 times with the food mix. Also I do this all before lights out, I'm thinking I should feed them first thing in the morning instead? I'm just unsure how much I should be giving them and how often? TIA

Your temperatures and environment sound great - how far is your light from the plants? Given that you have 3 plants and only 1 mars, I'd arrange them in a triangle formation for optimal light spread :)

Now about your feeding method, does it say on the bottle of miracle grow to squirt it? Can you post a picture of your bottle? I'm confused. How many ML is a squirt? With fox farm, you're going to have to mix the fertilizer in water prior to feeding. My current schedule calls for 3tsp Big Bloom and 2tsp of Tiger Bloom per feeding.

I know in Coco, many growers tend to feed multiple times daily. I also know that coco can run a lower ph than soil, so the rainwater is not likely hurting you. Once you get your fox farm nutes, you're gonna want to switch to RO or Tap(just let it sit if there's chlorine) to mix with, as it will drop the PH.

Your temperatures and environment sound great - how far is your light from the plants? Given that you have 3 plants and only 1 mars, I'd arrange them in a triangle formation for optimal light spread :)

Now about your feeding method, does it say on the bottle of miracle grow to squirt it? Can you post a picture of your bottle? I'm confused. How many ML is a squirt? With fox farm, you're going to have to mix the fertilizer in water prior to feeding. My current schedule calls for 3tsp Big Bloom and 2tsp of Tiger Bloom per feeding.

I know in Coco, many growers tend to feed multiple times daily. I also know that coco can run a lower ph than soil, so the rainwater is not likely hurting you. Once you get your fox farm nutes, you're gonna want to switch to RO or Tap(just let it sit if there's chlorine) to mix with, as it will drop the PH.

420-magazine-mobile627568140.jpg

So I think I I'm understanding now. I'm to give them the whole 4L of mixed food/water when I feed so they get the full 5 ml of food. Now do I do this once a week? TIA Also your crop looks great!

420-magazine-mobile288446264.jpg

I have the mars 300 about 20 inches from the plants but I think I'll bring it down to 15 inches to see if they like.
Yeah always mix the nutrients in the with water :) also, I think your fluorescent is blocking more light than its putting out, I'd remove it and just put the mars at 16" for the time being.

Looks good though!

Yeah always mix the nutrients in the with water :) also, I think your fluorescent is blocking more light than its putting out, I'd remove it and just put the mars at 16" for the time being.

Looks good though!

Thanks! I was thinking that too! I'll use it for my clones;)

Back
Top Bottom