newbie looking for help!

Dentu50

Hey all out there using led lighting! The more I read, the more it seems like a good cost efficient way to grow. I've read quite a few manufacturers claims, and I figured I would throw it out there to actual users. My main question is if I have an 8 sq, ft tent, would 1 300 watt led panel be sufficient to grow 4 plants. The company says that the panel would be ideal for 1.6 - 6 sq, m....which when converted is more than enough for my tent. But is this the best way? And should I have some cfls on the sides also(I read that somewhere). Help me so I don't waste any more money....tough being disabled and 1) living on a fixed income, and 2) live in a state that is so far behind on accepting it for medical reasons...just past a law making it legal for medical, but will be a year and a half before they are ready, and the medical reasons are limited and you can only use it in edibles, pill form and vapor. Take it from someone in extreme pain, that it really does help me cut down on the narcotics I take for my condition...gee, wish the government would just stay out of our lives! Thanks for letting me vent a little, sliding off point. Thanks all!

You can put the panels in the tent, like you said is more than enough space, just in the beginning low you panel's close to the plants but not to much, when they start to grow, up your panel's and don't forget a good air flowing around the tent, make sure you have fans.
Put your hand between the plants and the light if it burns your hand you should up the led.

Thanks bud, appreciate the response. Do you think I would need more lights for the side? And if I am growing a short strain, (2or3 gal. Smart pots) would 4 plants be about the most I can grow? One last thing...a regular small box fan would be good for circulation? Thanks again!

Build your own light. Its very easy to do. For the cost of what some people would call a "quality" led, you can get more wattage from some Cree or Bridgelux COBS.

I grew 6 plants under a 400 watt panel in a 3'X6' room so I think you would be OK
029212.JPG
032177.JPG

Gosh, here I go again feeling like a moron!!! What are you talking about when you mention Cree or Bridgelux COBS? If it is a stupid question, forgive me...my getting older has made my brain synapses fire a little slower....I cannot believe that being a 420er for well over 40 years(picture laying back, listening to the Stones on my new 8track player, and you can imagine my age)and back then, it was called being a doper, this is the first time I've tried growing. Gosh, do you realize that when I was a kid, I could get a lb. For under 175 bucks....of course, the strains are so much better now, which with my aches and pains is a godsend... but I cannot afford the 20-25 bucks a gram...well, I guess I can...I pumped gas at a station(yes, people use to always have their gas pumped for them) and it was 68 cents a gallon! Gee, really feel old now! Ha, Ha, Ha! Well, enough with my carrying on..just wanted to understand what you were talking about....to save money, tht would be great. Thanks again
Build your own light. Its very easy to do. For the cost of what some people would call a "quality" led, you can get more wattage from some Cree or Bridgelux COBS.

Go to the grow room link and read all about grow lights. You'll have to click on the grow room link at the top of the page then select grow lighting. There you can get all the info you need from people that know what they are talkin about.

What does your grow look like?

Hi, I did not mean to offend you or you're Ladies. And you right I need to pot some pic for Reliability ;) . I'm grow almost 3 years 2 in coco perlite 50% dtw. I use to have 3x3 setup with 600+250 hps combo . Now I got my hands on p450 + Mars reflector 96*3 .
Last harvest I get 626 gr of dry top buds :) , working with gh nutrinet 3 parts , and Lucas modified for coco. Now working with AN nutrinet ph perfect . But with out the pictures its just talking so I will try to pot some today

Back
Top Bottom