New to growing and would love tips

csassyrun123

Hello,

I am new to growing and using Fox Farm Smart natural "Ocean Forest" soil, I have a mother plant I clone from and having good luck with that. For the for the mother plants I place these under a Sun System 150 and they are doing good. For the clones and other plants in growing stage these go under a Virtual Sun VST2006B 2-Ft 6 Lamp Bloom Flower T5 High Output Fluorescent with 6 T5 HO Bulbs.

Lately I was having problems with yellowing leaves and no growth, so I went out and purchased a PH monitor. "WOW" my PH was around 8.1 I have brought it down now to 6.0 - 6.3 and the plants are recovering.

For nutrients I use "Flora Bloom 0-5-4", Flora Micro 5-0-1, & Flora Gro 2-1-6. I always follow the directions on the back to use only the stated amount of nutrients. This can vary depending on which state of the plant it is in. Learned this the hard way of course I lost a few, but have learned a lot.

For flowering I use Jacks 10-30-20 Flowing Blossom Booster, 1/4 tsp per gallon of water. The lights used in the Flowering room is a Virtual Sun VSD1000WDS 1000W Dimmable MH/HPS Digital Grow Light.

I am noticing in the Flowing room the buds are not very big and sometimes only the tops have halfway decent buds. I have read lots of information hours and hours and have tried so many different things. Have trimmed off the top leaves, tied them together for more lighting and am still getting the same thing.

A few of them turned totally yellow and the buds were actually drying up and dying. But then some of them are doing great, this is the same strain (what the heck) why do some do excellent and others are dying. I move them around always check the PH and do not overwater. I have an exhaust fan and it is set up to come on when the room temp is over 75. I have fans in the room moving the air around and sometimes I am lucky to even get an ounce out of one plant.

I could use some help in this matter would love to grow big buds, but having trouble getting there. Sometimes even some of the branches down below produce nothing and eventually fall off.

HELP PLEASE!!!:thanks:

I use FFOF as well. Hard to know exactly what is going on, but I usually pull 3oz or more from each auto in 3 gallon fabric pots. First question, are you SURE you are not over watering? Second: FFOF will NOT need nutes for 4-6 weeks, depending on plant size and watering method. If you are adding nutes before they need it, that will likely be your problem.
Can you give a bit more info about your grow. Watering schedule...if you are giving nutes...etc.

I appreciate this information and "yes" I am giving them FFOF at first, will back off this until 4-6 weeks. I will watch my watering and will not water until I can see they need it, I am watering them everyday.

Will give this a shot and see what happens any information is greatly appreciated as stated am a first time grower.

Thank you again!!!!

I am watering them everyday.

Only time I seen folks talk about doing that is in late flower, otherwise 2-3 times a week max seems the norm for folks from what I seen (granted I'm still learning that one as I was watering every other day and I was overwatering my kids).

I have found that my northern lights strain the pots get dry everyday, sometimes I water them twice a day otherwise they droop. I will back off on the watering and see what I get.

THANK YOU!!!!

I will get some pics and post them tonight when the lights come back on, you will see how some are great and others are so small and produce almost nothing. I pulled one of the yellowed ones and only got a 1/4 ounce out of the whole plant.

Here are some new Pics of a plant I grew from seed but do not have a clue to the strain.

Let me know if anyone knows what this is

Closeup_of_what_type.JPG
Normal_vs_Type.JPG
[

Back
Top Bottom