New grower need help

Belliott

420 Member
I have 2 ladys with different issues. im not sure what they are, if what is going on is something or nothing. One has something going on with it's leaf and the other the stem looks strange. If anyone knows what they are and if they are a problem and if so, what to do your help would be appreciated. Thanks, everyone

On day 20 now

Started inside in plugs of peat and coco in a humidity dome with lights. Moved to 16 oz cups with the mix. For about 2 weeks, then out side to pots on june 2. Hardening them off now. Half strength feed week one feed schedule. Cal-Mag is part of the Nutrient system from this company

Strain - GG4 Sherbert Fast Flower (fast buds)
# of Plants - 4
Grow Type - Cana Coco
Grow Stage - Vegetative
Bucket Size - 10 Gallon Fabric
Nutrients - Ventana Plant Science - Complete Nutrient Line Kit
Medium - 50% coco coir ,30% pumice ,15% worm casting ,5% biochar
EC - .5
PH - 6.5
Greenhouse Square Footage - 10'x6.6'×6.6' with Oscillating Fan
Room Temperature - 50s- 80s
Lights - Sun (Minnesota S.E.)
Temperature - 50s- 80s
RH - 40s - 99%
Pests - None Known

Strain - Gorilla Zkittlez Auto (fast buds)
# of Plants - 4
Grow Type - Cana Coco
Grow Stage - Vegetative
Bucket Size - 5 Gallon Fabric
Nutrients - Ventana Plant Science - Complete Nutrient Line Kit
Medium - 50% coco coir ,30% pumice ,15% worm casting ,5% biochar
EC - .5
PH - 6.5
Greenhouse Square Footage - 10'x6.6'×6.6' with Oscillating Fan
Room Temperature - 50s- 80s
Lights - Sun (Minnesota S.E.)
Temperature - 50s- 80s
RH - 40s - 99%
Pests - None Known

20240605_091706.jpg
20240604_174541.jpg
20240604_174557.jpg

Hey Belliott,

Welcome to 420!

Take a look at this link and give us more information. How to ask for grow support.

What’s your grow media? Did you amend it? With what? Do you have nutes & cal mag? What brand? Are you adjusting ph? To what value?

Leaf color is off (too light) plant looks hungry so right now kinda suspect it’s coco & perlite but has not been fed any nutrients yet.

Coco coir and soil are not the same thing. Coco is inert, there’s nothing in coco coir to sustain a plant. A bucket of coco coir is merely a place where roots can grow… if you give the plant everything else it needs nutrient wise. Also coco coir requires use of cal-mag along with NPK nutes and ph is very important for coco. Ph needs to be set at 5.8 (hydro range) for coco. When ph is off the plant can’t access the nutrients…

Run your water, add cal mag first, stir & wait 10 minutes, add your NPK stir & wait 10 minutes, adjust ph to 5.8 and feed. Plain water or plain ph adjusted water does nothing to help plants in coco, so no plain water ever. Plants grown in coco need to be fed nutes plus water every time.

Let’s start there and see what they look like in a few days.

I have 2 ladys with different issues. im not sure what they are, if what is going on is something or nothing. One has something going on with it's leaf and the other the stem looks strange. If anyone knows what they are and if they are a problem and if so, what to do your help would be appreciated. Thanks, everyone
20240605_091706.jpg
20240604_174541.jpg
20240604_174557.jpg
Welcome to 420Magazine my friend. :welcome:
It looks like your in coco.
Coco needs fed full strength nutrients every day to run off at 5.8 ph with calmag in your plain water first.
What's in your pots?
What are you feeding and how often?

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

Pretty much what @013 brings up. We need more info.

Not only whether it is coco coir or something else the name will help a lot. Not only the name of the company but the name of the mix. And if you are using nutrients then the name of the company and the name of each bottle or bag.

It might seem like asking for a lot of info but every now and then someone could see the msg and realize that what you are using is exactly what they are using.

I have the feeling that we should know how often you are watering these days and how much each time. There is something about the stem in the last photo that looks like it could be related to too much water.

Hey Belliott,

Welcome to 420!

Take a look at this link and give us more information. How to ask for grow support.

What’s your grow media? Did you amend it? With what? Do you have nutes & cal mag? What brand? Are you adjusting ph? To what value?

Leaf color is off (too light) plant looks hungry so right now kinda suspect it’s coco & perlite but has not been fed any nutrients yet.

Coco coir and soil are not the same thing. Coco is inert, there’s nothing in coco coir to sustain a plant. A bucket of coco coir is merely a place where roots can grow… if you give the plant everything else it needs nutrient wise. Also coco coir requires use of cal-mag along with NPK nutes and ph is very important for coco. Ph needs to be set at 5.8 (hydro range) for coco. When ph is off the plant can’t access the nutrients…

Run your water, add cal mag first, stir & wait 10 minutes, add your NPK stir & wait 10 minutes, adjust ph to 5.8 and feed. Plain water or plain ph adjusted water does nothing to help plants in coco, so no plain water ever. Plants grown in coco need to be fed nutes plus water every time.

Thanks I updated my post with more information. I was mostly wondering if that was leaf burn from the sun and the other stem rot

Hey Belliott,

Welcome to 420!

I updated my post with more information. I'm not 100% sure the ph was 6.5 might have been 6. Thanks for the help. Did you happen to know what the odd area on the leaf might be and the odd area on the stem.

The stem is from water or nutrients.
Pour nutrients in a circle away from the center.
Gradually getting bigger as roots grow.
The leaves are hungry, are you using calmag?
Coco drains it from your girls.
Put calmag in your plain water first.
Then nutrients in order by the schedule/ week.
Then set ph to 5.8 in coco and feed every day.

stay safe
Bill284 😎

This leaf got worse so I took it not knowing what is happing to it. None of the other have it. Looped it I see no bugs. Does any one know?

20240606_092923.jpg

20240606_092937.jpg

I'd check the recommended pH for your nute line - looks off to me; as Bill says Canna Coco requires pH 5.8-6.2
Weak plants are more susceptible to fusarium/wilt/rot

Are you using calmag now?
Ph set to 5.8?
Full strength nutrients every day, no water?
It's a calcium deficiency. :(
Stop pulling leaves off.:Namaste:
Feed as I directed they will recover, new growth will be great.

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

Are you using calmag now?
Ph set to 5.8?
Full strength nutrients every day, no water?
It's a calcium deficiency. :(
Stop pulling leaves off.:Namaste:
Feed as I directed they will recover, new growth will be great.

Stay safe
Bill284 😎
Yeah i didnt know at what time to start nutrients so i waited 2 weeks then only 1/4 strength, then half strength 2 days (day 18) before i saw that. So yes yesterday went full strength nutrients 5.9 ph cal- mag is part of the nutrients. 2 liters for the 10 gallon photos and little over one liter for the autos. I know i shouldn't pull leafs but it scared me it was on a photo so i said fuck it better safe then sorry. You have been a great help bill and everyone. This is my first grow and i tried to learn what i could but there is a lot and im really nervous. So again thanks the time you take is really appreciated.

Yeah i didnt know at what time to start nutrients so i waited 2 weeks then only 1/4 strength, then half strength 2 days (day 18) before i saw that. So yes yesterday went full strength nutrients 5.9 ph cal- mag is part of the nutrients. 2 liters for the 10 gallon photos and little over one liter for the autos. I know i shouldn't pull leafs but it scared me it was on a photo so i said fuck it better safe then sorry. You have been a great help bill and everyone. This is my first grow and i tried to learn what i could but there is a lot and im really nervous. So again thanks the time you take is really appreciated.
I’m available any time my friend.
Any question is a good one don’t worry.
Follow the schedule that goes with your nutrients.
CM first 5.8 ph and your garden will do great.
How is your light?

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

Back
Top Bottom