Most efficient hash extraction

Hi guys.

So I wanted some consensus on what extracts the most THC CBD CBN ect out of trimmings. Also do I just keep the big fanleaves intact or should they be chopped up some?

I repeat Ideally I would like as much or all of the good stuff to be extracted from the trimmings. I am not as concerned with a little bit of plant matter getting in my hash or oil or w/e. I dont care as much about purity as I do just getting out every bit of THC and CBD possible from the clippings.

So what method should I use given my needs?

Re: most efficient hash extraction.

Another question.

Seeing as THC and other cannabanoids should be left in darkness for many days in order to have the trichs fully mature to reach max potency. Wouldnt it work better to keep your trimmings in the dark for a week before making any sort of hash?

dont know why you dont just stick with bubble hash to be honest. its pretty pure as it is and turning 55 into 3 sounds devastating, especially as HO is like $100 or less per G and i could get at least £20 a gram for bubble hash.

i know your not all that interested in the money side of it, but at least a token thought to economy is always insightful.

also, i bet its real easy to drop that 3 gramms in a day and regret it...not so easy to do the same with 55g lol

as to the leaves. i would use them whole and un damaged for purity or blend them to a goo for maximum yeild.

this is based on bubble hash using ice to break off the crystals from the leaves being 'clean' where as blending the leaves you also get to harvest the small levels of THC inside the plant matter, but risk much more of the liquified plant matter passing through the sieve.

just my tuppence worth ;)

Well one things for damn sure.

I better figure something out as I harvest 2 big plants and 2 smaller plants in like 3-5 days.

You should get 3-6 grams per oz of product. Bubble will give you bigger yields, I just find most bubble doesn't taste too good and isn't so easy on the lungs, not that I won't smoke it or make it though, always enjoy it.

Another option or additional option is the make kief/dry ice hash :)

strip it down too much and you may as well just make it in a lab instead out of bottles of chemicals imho. the taste, smell, kick at the back of the throat are all key for me. im already dragging my heels about converting to vape, yeah im sure it will get me where i want to be, but do i lose the taste sensation just sucking on steam? =/

strip it down too much and you may as well just make it in a lab instead out of bottles of chemicals imho. the taste, smell, kick at the back of the throat are all key for me. im already dragging my heels about converting to vape, yeah im sure it will get me where i want to be, but do i lose the taste sensation just sucking on steam? =/

???

I get great tastes from my Volcano

Oh I see, wasn't following you, heh.

Yeah man the Volcano rocks, I really like it. Only issue for me is I get lazy and just want to spark a bowl at times because it's quick. Volcano takes a bit more work. But gives a fantastic high and smooth hits. (sorry for high jacking a bit JImmy)

If it was me, I'd smoke and vape the hell out of those buds. Then, I would use dry ice to kief the trim and then use what is left over to cook and/or make capsules. Plus, if you vape with your buds, you can always use what is left after vaping to cook with or make capsules. You'd get way more bang for you buck that way.

We'll see how my first grow turn out first ....... LOL. Maybe if I get enough I may change my mind .... LOL.

i was thinking of the bud for the ice hash but mainly i would throw it in resin production to up the average quality. as a general rule of thumb, the purer your output, the least pure source is whats used. ie old fashioned resin/block/solid is pretty much the crap from a plant and it makes a lot of mass in the end product, stick a single oz of bud into a 9 bar and its grade shoots through the roof.

I think what I shall do is if i can find some cheap 70-100 micron cloth at the craft store I will make some dry ice hash with that.

Then I will take those clippings that were dry iced and put them all in with some alcohol to do a oil type extract and make sure I get every last bit from all the clippings.

JimmyCricket, I am going through my first harvest in a week and my research has steered me towards the dry ice approach. Using bubble hash and all of the water mixing and washing is way too messy compared to the dry ice method - plus it can be done right away upon harvest because the dry ice instantly removes the water content by changing it's state directly from water to vapor - so no more dry kief for me.

I purchased a set of 1-gallon silkscreen bags and am going to make a "shaker" rig for it from an empty/new 1-gallon paint can, from which I will cut out the bottom and attach to the outside a bracket that attaches to a metal sabre saw blade. I have a light-duty battery-powered sabre saw that I will use to shake the trim/dry ice mixture over a pane of glass to collect the trichomes.

I will take pictures/videos of the process and post in my grow journal. Let us know what method you end up trying and your results. My buddy just did the bubble hash thing for the first time a few months back and the results were impressive, although he ended up with much less than he expected.

:thumb:

Well I will probably just find the right kind of cloth/screen dump all my clippings in it then tie it up like a hobo sack and put some dry ice in it. Then I will just shake the fuck out of the bag over one of those big plastic tote boxes.

Whatever I dont get by the dry ice method I will get either doing a hexane, or a alcohol extraction as those type of ways seem to be the only system able to extract thc from inside the plant matter. Afterwards itll be off to the compost heap for the clippings :D

That's the whole point of the wonderfully perfumed, resinous cannabis plant right? The smell, the taste, the "feel" of the smoke...I am torn between spending some $ on bubble bags or spending some $ and making a sick ass kief box...not sure what I want to do yet...anyone want to weigh in on this?

Bubble vs Kief? Who wins the ultimate head extract? I will only consider "natural" extractions...I will not even heat my kief into blocks, just use a pollen press to make discs and the bubble would get a similar treatment.

I'm open for suggestions...

i was thinking of the bud for the ice hash but mainly i would throw it in resin production to up the average quality. as a general rule of thumb, the purer your output, the least pure source is whats used. ie old fashioned resin/block/solid is pretty much the crap from a plant and it makes a lot of mass in the end product, stick a single oz of bud into a 9 bar and its grade shoots through the roof.

What kind of "resin block" are you talking about? Could you eloborate on this method? Maybe do a "How To" journal...I'm always interested in new ways to prepare cannabis...

Back
Top Bottom