Most drug users drive intoxicated: survey

Pinch

Australia

Saturday, 13 May 2006. 07:01 (AEDT)Saturday, 13 May 2006. 06:01 (ACST)

A survey of the Northern Territory's drug users shows most have driven while drunk or under the influence of illicit drugs.

The survey by the Drug and Alcohol Research council pays people $30 to talk about their drug use, as well as a substance's availability, quality and price.

The 2005 results show ecstasy is becoming more popular and is considered easy to get.

The results also show users are increasingly combining the party drug with large quantities of alcohol.

The majority of those surveyed said in the past six months they had driven while over the alcohol limit and within an hour of taking illicit drugs, usually cannabis or ecstasy.

The survey has also found a sharp increase in people's use of pharmaceutical stimulants.

The use of *** and cocaine has fallen.

Thats not really a suprise. I do know people that won't do that, but mostly yeah.

I used to drive high a lot, especially when I was 16 and bought my first car, but after 5 years of driving and smoking, and quite a few incidents with johnny law, I've ceased driving after smoking and riding with a driver who I know is mega blazed. It makes me feel paranoid and I hate that feeling so I try to avoid those situations as often as possible.

I will smoke and drive but WILL NOT drive and drink... smoking does not get me nearly as messed up as drinking and I think I am more then capable of smoking and driving. But I have never done ecstasy and would not drive if I ever tryed it.

I use to drive high all the time too, It's because I had no where to smoke so I use to go on L rides...but now that I have an apartment I rarely go out to smoke. But I think it really depends on the person. If you know you can't drive high then don't. I've been driving high since I got my license...actually the day I got it.. lol I'm use to it..I might be alittle paranoid when another car is following to close but hey..that's normal I suppose lol..

I'm a perfect driver when im high. I will be so concentrated on driving nothing will phase me.

i actually dont mind driving high...i prefer to drive stoned if im in a car with my friends cuz i trust myself more...i feel like when ur high ur more aware of the rode ...i dont thinnk its much dangerous unless u just dont know how to handle it

Back
Top Bottom