Mama Thai

Captain goodvibes

About 11 weeks into flower now I think. Under 315 CFM . Beautiful but light citrusy musky smell, I can tell this will be a psychadelic sativa effect. Took a couple clones, glad I did and will grow them to a much larger size. Probably will go 14 weeks looking at it, and then another 3 months at least for curing. Dont mind though , always worth the wait for good Sativa which for many years i have found impossible to obtain other than growing or going overseas.

Attachments

• 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 230
Very nice. Good job.
I grew Mama Thai for years. Made lots of crosses with it. Hardly ever met anyone else who has grown it.
Eventually I came to the realization that it’s not a pure Thai sativa (the breeder did admit it’s crossed with Skunk) but it’s still a lovely strain. Would be nice to see some pics in natural light.
:thumb:

Thanks Weaselcracker. i reckon you are right, just not enough stretch for a pure sativa. . I will try a pic when lights are out. , cheers.

heres some pics with lights off, really love the smell of this stuff.

Attachments

• 002 (2).JPG
    002 (2).JPG
    874.8 KB · Views: 162
  • ggg 001.JPG
    ggg 001.JPG
    890.1 KB · Views: 158
And heres a couple of clones I took from this. These are vegging under a Quantam Board colour temp 3600, I notice under this 3600 colour temp everything grows quite squat with a short internode length. Their mother is flowering under a 3000 CMH. I am so impressed with the quantam boards that I will replace the CMH for a 3000 Quantam board shortly. I have also used low stress training (no topping) and selective defoliation to flatten the canopy and increase number of bud sites. I intend to grow these clones to twice the size of their mother before I flower them as I have plenty of height in my grow space. All these are grown in thoroughly prewashed coco and the nutes are nothing else but Nitrosol for the vegging clones and something called Powerfeed intended for "roses and Flowers". All bought cheaply off the shelf at Bunnings. I am not a great believer in expensive hydro nutes and my first couple of indoor grows in coco were a disaster until I cottoned on to prewashing the coco thoroughly. The K.I.S.S. principle is now working well for me. I grew quite successfuly outdoors for decades and its been an interesting experience to adapt to growing indoors, of course this site and posters have helped me enormously in understanding the differences between indoor and outdoor and its taken me about 12 months to become successful at indoor growing but its been a great ride. Great community and good people.

Attachments

• 002 (5).JPG
    002 (5).JPG
    802.4 KB · Views: 105
  • 003 (4).JPG
    003 (4).JPG
    947.8 KB · Views: 87
here they are a week later, getting ready to upsize the pot. Probably do that this weekend then give them a couple of weeks and switch to flower.

Attachments

• 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    909.4 KB · Views: 79
Clones doing well, after a little defoliation. I am growing in coco using very cheap nutes bought at the hardware,, nitrosol for vegging and powerfeed (meant for roses) for flowering, a litre of each works out to about $25 in total. Plants are in 3 gallon fabric pots.

Attachments

• 004.JPG
    004.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 127
  • 006.JPG
    006.JPG
    759.5 KB · Views: 98
Just harvested an Indica looking pheno of Mama Thai about 3 weeks ago. Only 5 of ten regular seeds popped, and only got the Indica type female. The males were all Indica type but one. It was like a plant on steroids! I back crossed it to the female, Royal Cookies, and Amazing Haze.
DSC02062.JPG

Clones, 7 weeks into flower. Starting to put on a bit of size.
Mine made some nice phat buds, but the smoke is only OK. I really wanted the Sativa Thai pheno to come out, but just the male did that.

have to be honest, wasnt too impressed with the mother. BUT, I believe a long cure will be benificial to this strain. Its just got that smell, will roll with it for a while. Another 12 months after harvest will tell the tale. I also think that this needs to be harvested at a very late stage, 11 weeks isnt going to do it. Needs to have amber trichomes.

Back
Top Bottom