Magnesium def?

Hdinkleman

hey guys can you tell me what this might be? i am thinking mag def? looking at the striping on the leaves on the bigger plant on the left.

im in canna terra pro plus, which is hydroponic medium, i been trying to wait until the pot dries out to feed it again, but im starting to think maybe i should give it some cal/ mag and just tap water sooner rather than later, i guess thats the one thing that sucks about this big of a pot is trying to not water all the time

Hey buddy, few wee tips for you. Dry cycles are only for soil growers. We need to keep stuff wet. The clue is in the title "hydro" lol. Get best results from coco if you put it on an auto drip feed and feed it 3 or 4 times a day. Don't worry about overwatering them either, that s also just a soil growers problem.
By letting the coco dry out what your doing is allowing unused nutrients to build up in the pot. Can get all sorts of problems from that happening. If you feed to run off at least once a day you'll avoid any chance of upsets.

I see what looks like mag def but before assuming it is, I'd double check the ph of the pot. Feeding it how you're doing can quite often give you an unbalanced pot. If you haven't got a ph probe then check the ph of the run off. It's a grossly innacurate way to check it, which I've no doubt someone will point out but if the ph of the run off differs from what you put in then it needs adjusting.
Does look like mag def but it could be caused by ph being wrong so always double check that first.
Should be 5.7- 6.3. You'll start running into issues around 5.5 and 6.5.

so i think it was cal mag. i have only watered once since i transplanted into the 10 gallon and when i did i did not mix nutes into all of the water and i also did not water enough to get any substantial runoff.
last night i watered with 5 gallon all nuted up and all with calmag, and this morning i can notice the plant looks healthier, the main stem has a vibrant hue of green now, and the leaves just seem different. i had not given the plant any normal amount of calmag throughout the grow, so it has probably been starving for cal and mag this whole time.
im probably going to switch over to this canna terra pro plus instead of soil, so just gaining expereience in it, now i know i have to add cal mag for every feed.
the plants in soil are doing well so must not be as much of an issue with soil
i know its not much change but this is what she looks like today

I know it was mentioned in yer other threads

Coco needs water and nutes every day

Allowing it to dry out is a no no

Focus my friend, focus

yeah i keep forgetting its coco because it says soilless medium.
I think since there is peat mixed in just water every few days instead of every day though? is that a safe assumption because it is not full on coco?
sheeet im wondering too if my nutes are not meant specifically for coco but for soil if they are ok/good to use?
frickin confusing, the nutes are by CANNA and so is the soilless medium so i would think that it is fine, grrrr!

24 hrs later after the feeding of 5 gallons of water with full strength nutes and 5ml of calmag (light feeding according to bottle) plant looks better kinda i guess lol

here is the plant at 11am and then again at 11pm

good or no? it was taken under the led too, it doesnt look that yellow but more along the lines of the striping will that go away after a few days?

Using low dose of calmag really dosent help

Additives are designed to be used full strength unlike base nutes

Do it full or really don't do it at all

update- i got a bluelab ph pen yeaterday, found out my ph on both cheap pens i been using is off. one of tgem was .4 wrong and the other was .3 off the other way, so yeah basically havent given any of my plants the correct ph the entire time i have been growing lol. hopefully this pen pays off some dividends now that i have it

Gotta say I really disagree with that statement. I'm in coco and lucky if they get calmag once a week. Didn't need it at all untill week 7 of veg. My tap water is only 48ppm too so it's not like there's much in there.

Gotta say I really disagree with that statement. I'm in coco and lucky if they get calmag once a week. Didn't need it at all untill week 7 of veg. My tap water is only 48ppm too so it's not like there's much in there.
my tap water is 125 ppms and when i used it in my humidifier it left a white residue all over the tent, so i figure a low dose of calmag and my tap water should be good

Back
Top Bottom