Lowering nutrients very late flowering

Madtabman

So I always wanted to get some views or expert advice on this

I'm using Canna coco A+B. In Autopots with Coco professional plus, Shogun calmag CX regenaroot and Buddha Tree PK 9/18

According to the generalised feed charts I find on the Web they recommend lowering the dosage of A+B in the last 3 weeks of flowering.
IN AN 8 WEEK STRAIN

I'm currently at the start of week 6 of a 9 week strain. I'm wondering whether to lower nutes now soon. I've always just carried on with the same amounts till the end. I'm obviously using different additives to this chart.

I can see the obvious reasons for this being that the buds have grown the most and are now working on terps an things as well as hardening etc.

But is this actually the right thing to do? And in every grow set up ? Or do you guys just kept feeding the same dosage right through ?
What's your experience and knowledge of doing this ?

Screenshot_20240923_022016_Chrome.jpg

I'm using Canna coco A+B. In Autopots with Coco professional plus, Shogun calmag CX regenaroot and Buddha Tree PK 9/18

According to the generalised feed charts I find on the Web they recommend lowering the dosage of A+B in the last 3 weeks of flowering.
IN AN 8 WEEK STRAIN

I'm currently at the start of week 6 of a 9 week strain. I'm wondering whether to lower nutes now soon. I've always just carried on with the same amounts till the end. I'm obviously using different additives to this chart.

I can see the obvious reasons for this being that the buds have grown the most and are now working on terps an things as well as hardening etc.

But is this actually the right thing to do? And in every grow set up ? Or do you guys just kept feeding the same dosage right through ?
You called it. WIth the shift away from building the "infrastructure", nutrient needs change.

From "Nutrient Management in Recirculating Hydroponic Culture" by Bugbee, B. published in 2004 in "Proceedings of the South Pacific Soilless Culture Conference" M. Nichols, (ed.). Acta Hort 648: 99-112.

The paper discusses details of nutrient management in recirculating hydropnic systems (I got that from the title :) )

Bugbee advises that if the grower is not doing tissue samples from leaves then they should use ¼ strength Hoagland solution as a refill solution for plants grown in ambient CO2.

He states:

"The refill solutions are more dilute at the later stages of the life cycle because the nutrient requirements of stems and seeds are less than for leaves."

Though the paper is focused on hydro growing, it details the response of cannabis so I would expect the behavior to be the same across different grow media.

IN AN 8 WEEK STRAIN

Screenshot_20240923_022016_Chrome.jpg
Good morning Amigo.
I grow in coco.
I usually feed very high strength nutrients until the last 2 weeks.
I reduce nutrient strength at the end as she is finished building buds and no longer requires massive amounts of nutrients.
I find they eat what they want regardless of my volumes.
I just make sure everything they need is available when they need it.
They do best when not choking on it though. :Namaste:

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

Back
Top Bottom