Linking directly to post using post# not working

I remember having this conversation back in 2016, and Teddy had said he was working on it. It never did get resolved or an answer on the request.

Why can't I get a link to show the actual post linked when clicking the post number on that page?

When I click a post number on a thread, and copy the link to post it somewhere else, the result always shows the first post on that page of the thread. It doesn't show the actual post that I am trying to link.

For example, I want to link to post # 1,171 of my thread, which is about properly naming photos. When I post the link, what actually shows up is the first post of that thread page, which has nothing to do with what I'm trying to get across.

Is there a way to get that ACTUAL post to show when trying to link to it? Am I missing something?

Members seeing the posted link have no idea what is actually being linked when they see what shows up. I've had to resort to telling them in the post to click the link to get information on whatever that subject was.

Thank you very much. :)

I remember having this conversation back in 2016, and Teddy had said he was working on it. It never did get resolved or an answer on the request.

Why can't I get a link to show the actual post linked when clicking the post number on that page?

When I click a post number on a thread, and copy the link to post it somewhere else, the result always shows the first post on that page of the thread. It doesn't show the actual post that I am trying to link.

For example, I want to link to post # 1,171 of my thread, which is about properly naming photos. When I post the link, what actually shows up is the first post of that thread page, which has nothing to do with what I'm trying to get across.

Is there a way to get that ACTUAL post to show when trying to link to it? Am I missing something?

Members seeing the posted link have no idea what is actually being linked when they see what shows up. I've had to resort to telling them in the post to click the link to get information on whatever that subject was.

Thank you very much. :)
When I click on it, I'm taken to page 1,171

Back
Top Bottom