Light stress?? Please help diagnose my plant issues!

meyoutoo

420 Member
Hey all, at my wits end with trying to figure out what is wrong with my ladies any help or advice would be massively appreciated

Im running Athena nutrients, two feeds a day in 3 gallon pots with 10-15% run off. Using Coco perlite mix 70/30

Ph is 6~ and 3 EC (as per Athena guidelines) while run off is coming out at 3.5-4.2 EC and ph is 5.7-6

LED lights are roughly a foot above the canopy

It started with the tips of the fan leaves going yellow and turning upwards and slowly progressing throughout the rest of the leaf. My environment is about spot on (I think) 25 degrees Celsius/ 77 F, with the humidity at 51~

They are at the start of week 3 and the yellowing is progressively getting worse

Cheers

smile.png

IMG_2782.jpeg

IMG_2749.jpeg

I don't know your nute line nor your media choice, but likely more info will be needed. WHICH of the Athena nutrients are you feeding at this time and at what strengths? The plant looks hungry to me, not unusual early in flower. Have you switched to flowering nutes yet?

On a side note, I usually see the advice of setting pH to 5.8 for coco.

I don't know your nute line nor your media choice, but likely more info will be needed. WHICH of the Athena nutrients are you feeding at this time and at what strengths? The plant looks hungry to me, not unusual early in flower. Have you switched to flowering nutes yet?

Agreed. I see both a K and a mag ask at least.

Looks like your coco lost its buffer when you went to flower and your getting a lock out. First time with coco for me all i had was the old calcium nitrate and 7 11 27 hydroponic recipe ( still available and works great). When i went to flower i would cut back on the calcium nitrate thinking i was reducing nitrogen. What i was doing was removing the buffer from my coco.

You're growing in coco but no mention of CaMg?
If your run off EC is higher than the input, you must be rinsing off some residual salts, so you probably need to rinse the coco with plain pH/CaMg/Kelp to recondition it
I'd say you have a K/Mg lock out which won't improve on it's own

Athena pro line - they recommend using 3.0 EC the whole way throughout bloom which is what im doing.

Looks like your coco lost its buffer when you went to flower and your getting a lock out. First time with coco for me all i had was the old calcium nitrate and 7 11 27 hydroponic recipe ( still available and works great). When i went to flower i would cut back on the calcium nitrate thinking i was reducing nitrogen. What i was doing was removing the buffer from my coco.
Flushing perhaps the solution? Am slightly afraid if the ladies are already deprived that flushing could potentiate any deficiency. Idk if theres any logic in that though

You're growing in coco but no mention of CaMg?
If your run off EC is higher than the input, you must be rinsing off some residual salts, so you probably need to rinse the coco with plain pH/CaMg/Kelp to recondition it
I'd say you have a K/Mg lock out which won't improve on it's own
According to the Manufacturer - Athena. Core and Bloom should be sufficient without adding any supplementary ingredients. Then again who knows :(
The symptoms fit with deficiency in your opinion? So flush with CalMg. Would you recommend 1/2, 1/4 strength dilution?

According to the Athena website the Core & Bloom nutes that im feeding are supposed to provide everything required without needing supplementation. You think it's as simple as adding Potassium and magnesium?
Could be, but given your nutes I'd bet it's more a lockout like the others have said.

According to the Manufacturer - Athena. Core and Bloom should be sufficient without adding any supplementary ingredients. Then again who knows :(
The symptoms fit with deficiency in your opinion? So flush with CalMg. Would you recommend 1/2, 1/4 strength dilution?
That's my opinion from what I see, yes
Are the nutes specifically for coco?
My rinse solution would be 1ml/L CaMg, 1ml/L seaweed pH 6.0-6.2 and rinse 3x vol of pot
Then feed as normal +CaMg every time in coco

Athena is similar to the PlantProd that i used. Both use Calcium Nitrate. 3 ec is up there, and might to much for the way your growing. Maybe try going down to 1 or 1.5 for awhile. I use two 300 watt Electric Sky and a 260 watt HLG and have never needed to go beyond 2. What's the ec of the water you are starting with? Different for me is that Athena uses very little Nitrogen in the A and none in the B.

Back
Top Bottom