Light question veggie tent

The70’s

So i got this little vegge tent. The lites are pulling only 135watts/35K Lux/Par(approx) 525, the plants are 37 days old in soil amended with dry fertilizer, roughly 14” from the canopy, they are quantum style boards, its a 4’x2’ tent. They just got up potted to 2.5gal pots and are very happy
1667747291541.jpeg

Here is my issue…. In my Flower 4x4 tent i have a Fold8 from Medicgrow, its a beast!
I feel like i may be shorting my grow by continuing in the little vegge tent thats very “economical“, the Fold8 will be pulling 400+ watts to do the same and im being frugal, am i hurting my grow…..Being frugal ????

1667747878595.jpeg

i do a jump in power from veg to flower. it's good to have the bigger rig for photos.

i think you will love the increase in production. photos get reduced hours of exposure on 12 / 12, so it usually works out to a similar exposure as veg. i usually run a diminishing schedule in flower as well. going from 12 / 12 down to 10 / 14 by finish. it can take a couple weeks off of flower with no loss of production, great for those long running sativas. you need the light for it though.

autos are a little different. most like to finish out at 18 / 6. not all of them adapt well to an increase in exposure.

. i usually run a diminishing schedule in flower as well. going from 12 / 12 down to 10 / 14 by finish.
I flower for many different reasons..I will pull a plant I'm going to use for fresh frozen around week 6..at the peak of terps and with clear trichs...but if I'm flowering for the bag I'll run longer for color development...for a generic 8 week finisher do you start the 11/13 at week 6 and then 10/14 at week 7? ..or do you start right after stretch?

I flower for many different reasons..I will pull a plant I'm going to use for fresh frozen around week 6..at the peak of terps and with clear trichs...but if I'm flowering for the bag I'll run longer for color development...for a generic 8 week finisher do you start the 11/13 at week 6 and then 10/14 at week 7? ..or do you start right after stretch?

Interesting… there seem to be many variables i never concidered.

If you were gonna low-temp press flower rosin, any changes you would make ??

start around the 3 - 4 wk window after flip and it's well in to showing flower. usually stretches for a good wk or so after.

i've run autos as photos as well after they turn. again, you need enough rig for it, and not all of them will take the transition so well.
For me the name of the game is saving energy without sacrificing quality. I have the most energy efficient leds available and being able to cut a hour a day off their load with no ill effect sounds good.

For me the name of the game is saving energy without sacrificing quality. I have the most energy efficient leds available and being able to cut a hour a day off their load with no ill effect sounds good.

i run an hour of burple 5050smds at either end of the day cycle in veg. provides a morning / evening ramp up / down and cuts the main rig back to 16 of the 18hr cycle. the burples cost next to nothing to run, and the plants get enough during the time the main rig runs.

i run an hour of burple 5050smds at either end of the day cycle in veg. provides a morning / evening ramp up / down and cuts the main rig back to 16 of the 18hr cycle. the burples cost next to nothing to run, and the plants get enough during the time the main rig runs.
I have a very nice controller that has a 30min sunrise/sunset function. I also have it programmed in the veg room to run the first 3 hours at 50%, the next 3 at 75%, I simulate mid day for 6 hours at 100% and then start to ramp it down 25% at a time over the last 6 hours. I love your work around!

I have a very nice controller that has a 30min sunrise/sunset function. I also have it programmed in the veg room to run the first 3 hours at 50%, the next 3 at 75%, I simulate mid day for 6 hours at 100% and then start to ramp it down 25% at a time over the last 6 hours. I love your work around!

i built the rigs myself and run it off simple digital timers. it's got arduino capability but i didn't feel like messing around with it.

i've actually got a set of deep reds for the flower rig i never put in. they work the same.

Keif & flower
I don't like dry sifting so I've never pressed kief. Pressing nugs is much like making bubble..it's very strain dependent. making bubble and then pressing that (Rosin) is the preffered method for quality and yeild. Last round I found a lemon terped, good yeild plant (trichs not flower) with Bulbous trichomes..it's like the golden ticket for hash makers. The next best trich we look for when we grow just for extraction would be Capitate-Stalked trichomes. We look for a weak neck and a large head. It's all about the trichome!

I don't like dry sifting so I've never pressed kief. Pressing nugs is much like making bubble..it's very strain dependent. making bubble and then pressing that (Rosin) is the preffered method for quality and yeild. Last round I found a lemon terped, good yeild plant (trichs not flower) with Bulbous trichomes..it's like the golden ticket for hash makers. The next best trich we look for when we grow just for extraction would be Capitate-Stalked trichomes. We look for a weak neck and a large head. It's all about the trichome!

Gotcha, im looking at the Rositek 4ton model for pressing, the review looked complete and the guy seemed pretty straight forward. I thing a nice dab rig is in my future…..super affordable for small pressings which is gonna be perfect…

I do have a 13g chunk of dry sift that coukd be pressed, i heard dabbing sift gets messy and hard to clean, just rumors

Gotcha, im looking at the Rositek 4ton model for pressing, the review looked complete and the guy seemed pretty straight forward. I thing a nice dab rig is in my future…..super affordable for small pressings which is gonna be perfect…

I do have a 13g chunk of dry sift that coukd be pressed, i heard dabbing sift gets messy and hard to clean, just rumors
There is slight confusion with the terminology...a "dab rig" is just a bong with a "banger" aka a bowl for wax. So a dab rig would be used for smoking. For home use a 4 ton will be just fine, just don't try to press more than a 1/8 at a time. You can't dab sift really...to many contaminants, that's exactly the reason you put it in a micron bag and press the dry sift into rosin...to make it dabable.

Back
Top Bottom