Leaving DWC Plants Unattended Over Weekend

zurple

I am one month into the vegetation stage from seedlings. This is my first time growing and using DWC, but I feel like I have done well with them.

I am going out of town next Friday a.m., so I can top off my water level before I leave. I will be home Sunday evening.

My indoor environment stays at 73 degrees, water at 69 and humidity stays at 65%. I keep my water ph between 5.8 and 6.1 and use Fox Farm trio with some Hydroguard. I use tap water after it's had 48 hours to dechlorinate.

Pictures of this grow is in my signature, along with what lights and setup I'm running.

All of that said, my question is will they be fine for this amount of time?

I usually ad a quart of water when they need a top off. I doubt at this stage they would dry out a bucket yet.

How low can I let it go before it would hurt them?

I understand that the ph will drift up as the water goes down, so I plan on lowering their ph to something like 5.6 and let it drift up.

Maybe I am overthinking it too much, but I don't want to expose my self having to have someone top them off for me.

20190901_104256_resized.jpg

Hi Zurple.... I think you should be okay if your only gone 3 days and truly if you tend to them the am friday that u leave and then look in on them when you get home on sunday night, You would only really be leaving them unattended for 2 nights, with that said a lot could happen in those hours, but you should be fine ...lol If you have a trusted person to look in on them I would advise it, but if not, nothings going to happen that you can't reverse after anyways.
1567373929509.gif
I've left town for a weekend and had my brother look in on things once a day and my ladies were fine he had nothing to do but be hold their sexiness.
1567374168959.gif
.....Oh and he says your ladies look sexy by the way too! I must agree Cheers...

Hi Zurple.... I think you should be okay if your only gone 3 days and truly if you tend to them the am friday that u leave and then look in on them when you get home on sunday night, You would only really be leaving them unattended for 2 nights, with that said a lot could happen in those hours, but you should be fine ...lol If you have a trusted person to look in on them I would advise it, but if not, nothings going to happen that you can't reverse after anyways.
1567373929509.gif
I've left town for a weekend and had my brother look in on things once a day and my ladies were fine he had nothing to do but be hold their sexiness.
1567374168959.gif
.....Oh and he says your ladies look sexy by the way too! I must agree Cheers...
I thought as well, but wanted someone else to confirm it for me. lol
I only have one person who knows I grow, but he's newer than me and his plants look awful. I'd rather take my chance without him. He even offered, and I said I'm Good.

So, bringing this back up because I am a worry wart I guess.

I am leaving at 4:30 am and I plan on topping off their water level all the way to their baskets. I usually leave about an inch between the basket and water level. I will get home by 4:30 pm this Sunday, so a total of 60 hours alone.

I am going to adjust the ph to 5.6 because I expect it to drift up as the water goes down.

I usually add about 1-2 quarts a day to top off. The plants are 5 weeks this weekend and one of them is getting big, so I know it will start drinking more.

I had one of you say it should be fine, but was hoping for more. lol

I am also going to drop their room temperature to 69 degrees. Will that slow down the water consumption?

I have a small pond pump that I use to pump water. I could also set a bucket of ph'd water and a timer to run once on Saturday at the midway point, and use it to add some water to the heavy drinking plant. The other two are slow drinkers and a lot smaller. I usually have to add water to them every other day at most.

I hated to ask again, but it's my first grow and I have come too far to kill it off now. Thank you

Back
Top Bottom