Leaves Yellow Faster Under LED's

BigBudsBunny

I've noticed that my plants are yellowing at a faster rate under LED as opposed to HPS despite being fed as usual. I've only been flowering under LED's for - this is week 6 of 10. Anyone else notice this when switching?

BBB

I've noticed that my plants are yellowing at a faster rate under LED as opposed to HPS despite being fed as usual. I've only been flowering under LED's for - this is week 6 of 10. Anyone else notice this when switching?

BBB
I think that since LED spectrum is optimised slightly more feed is required to keep up with demand, either in strength or frequency - at least that's how it seems to work in coco because the plants grow so fast

I think that since LED spectrum is optimised slightly more feed is required to keep up with demand, either in strength or frequency - at least that's how it seems to work in coco because the plants grow so fast
I use the hempy bucket method so they get fed as usual (when the bucket is light) but I'll try a bit more feed strength and see if that helps. Thanks

BBB

Yeah seem to require a bit more micro & macro nutrients, and calmag seems to be a great help as those are less mobile under LEDS unless you get your leaf temperature right.

k, i've never used cal-mag (use well water..165ppm) have a unopened bottle from years ago - wonder if it's any good. Have never used any supplements before under HPS. thanks

k, i've never used cal-mag (use well water..165ppm) have a unopened bottle from years ago - wonder if it's any good. Have never used any supplements before under HPS. thanks
CaMg also often has some Fe in it which is very beneficial to growing tips

does it go bad? - have a bottle here (6-7 years) in case i needed it and never did
Don't think so, I bought a bulk bottle about 3yrs ago and it's still fine [NB non-organic]
There is no Use By date on the bottle - just give it a good shake

thx

it looks like it's straight up N deficiency tho - yellowing from bottom up
Does it start at the margins or does the whole leaf just go evenly pale?

Don’t fret, many of us learned in the early days of LED transition that sacrifices were being made with benefit of reduced costs and fire safety that imo were very worthwhile. We also had to learn to compensate for the differences as best we could. Best advice I ever got was not to panic and just do best I knew how. Hell, I’m an organic fanatic so I’d already been accustomed to sacrifice yield in favor of quality and health benefits. Relax, monitor and adjust to meet your goals as best you can. Never a total loss unless you allow it! It’s entirely up to you :)

Back
Top Bottom