Learning To Grow To Get Relief

blokefarmerguy

420 Member
Hello Fellow Growers,

I’m Davis, a 48-year-old gardener with a few successful cannabis grows under my belt. I’m here seeking advice on strains that can help alleviate my arthritis pain, which has been getting worse lately.

I’ve been growing cannabis for a couple of years and consider myself to have intermediate skills. I’d love to hear your recommendations on strains that have worked well for arthritis pain and any tips on growing them, whether indoor or outdoor.

Thank you for having me. I look forward to learning from this knowledgeable community.

Best regards,
Davis

Hello Fellow Growers,

I’m Davis, a 48-year-old gardener with a few successful cannabis grows under my belt. I’m here seeking advice on strains that can help alleviate my arthritis pain, which has been getting worse lately.

I’ve been growing cannabis for a couple of years and consider myself to have intermediate skills. I’d love to hear your recommendations on strains that have worked well for arthritis pain and any tips on growing them, whether indoor or outdoor.

Thank you for having me. I look forward to learning from this knowledgeable community.

Best regards,
Davis
Arthritis is an inflammatory issue, so CBD would be a go-to for that. Or some CBG in a topical form that can be rubbed in. I'd combine the two.

Check out our sponsors for some great strain choices. Both CBD and THC are said to work better with a little bit of the other in the mix so look for strains that are dominant in CBD but with a little THC in the mix (say a 5:1 or even a 10:1 ratio) or grow two different strains and you can mix 'n match them anyway you like.

That's what I do. I have a CBD, a CBG, and a THC strain, each with about 15% of the major cannabinoid in them and very little of the others. Then, after harvest, I can combine them in any way I choose.

For arthritis I'd probably go with CBD:CBG in something like a 3:1 or 4:1 ratio.

@bluter has a great recipe for a topical Here.

Hello Fellow Growers,

Best regards,
Davis
Welcome to 420Magazine my friend. :welcome:
One of my favorite is Apple Betty.
A bit euphoric and helps with my pain.
It's a popular strain sold by @Herbies Seeds , they are a sponsor her and give a discount. :thumb:
Hope you feel better my friend.
Talk soon.

Stay safe
Bi😎

Welcome to 420Magazine my friend. :welcome:
One of my favorite is Apple Betty.
A bit euphoric and helps with my pain.
It's a popular strain sold by @Herbies Seeds , they are a sponsor her and give a discount. :thumb:
Hope you feel better my friend.
Talk soon.

Stay safe
Bi😎
Morning Bill. :ciao:

AB is a THC dominant strain and for arthritis i think a CBD version would likely be a better choice. I grow Blueberry CBD which is a cross between DJ Short's famous blueberry with a CBD dominant plant.

Do you know if AB has been crossed similarly? I didn't see one on Herbie's website but maybe elsewhere?

Morning Bill. :ciao:

AB is a THC dominant strain and for arthritis i think a CBD version would likely be a better choice. I grow Blueberry CBD which is a cross between DJ Short's famous blueberry with a CBD dominant plant.

Do you know if AB has been crossed similarly? I didn't see one on Herbie's website but maybe elsewhere?
Morning Azi.:ciao:
Not sure of the lineage. :Namaste:
It may not be the best for arthritis, your correct.
It's the only strain in a few years to give me any relief for my pain.
And it improved my mood which also helped with pain management.
It's the only one I could think of that has been helpful for pain in the last few years.
I also take cbd every morning and rso every night.
This also helps with pain and overall health.
I'd recommend doing that aswell if possible.
Talk soon Amigo :passitleft:

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

Hello Fellow Growers,

Best regards,
Davis
Welcome to the 420 Magazine family @blokefarmerguy. CL🍀. :thumb: :welcome::cheer::party::cheer::theband: :420:

Morning Azi.:ciao:
Not sure of the lineage. :Namaste:
It may not be the best for arthritis, your correct.
It's the only strain in a few years to give me any relief for my pain.
And it improved my mood which also helped with pain management.
It's the only one I could think of that has been helpful for pain in the last few years.
I also take cbd every morning and rso every night.
This also helps with pain and overall health.
I'd recommend doing that aswell if possible.
Talk soon Amigo :passitleft:

Stay safe
Bill284 😎
It would be easy enough for @blokefarmerguy to test. Get a tube of cream of each of the three and see what works best before committing to a 5-6 month grow.

CBD and CBG are both federally legal in all 50 US states so can be mailed right to your door, and a THC cream may be available state by state depending on where you live.

For mail order, HealerCBD dot com is a trusted source for me.

Welcome to 420 Magazine @blokefarm

What type of growing do you enjoy?
Do you have any images of your past grows you would like to share?
I see that @Azimuth is taking care of you and you can checkout our

Here's some helpful info: Welcome New Members - Please Read Before Posting

Here is some information if you would like to start a grow journal How to Make a Grow Journal

If you want to see want other growers are doing, here's that link.

This is where you place your grow journal.

Journals in Progress: Current and Ongoing

And, after you have over 50 posts you can vote and enter our contests to win free grow stuff from our sponsors.

420 Contests: Win Cool 420 Prizes

Stay safe, and grow well my friend,

Tok.. :bong:

Also, we now have a Fungi section if you would like to grow mushrooms.

CBD and CBG are both federally legal in all 50 US states so can be mailed right to your door, and a THC cream may be available state by state depending on where you live.

For mail order, HealerCBD dot com is a trusted source for me.

as those products aren't regulated many contain little or no active thc, cbd, or cbg.

True for many but these come with viewable lab test results.

i'm sure they are legit. it's not hard to photoshop a pretty paper that says look i'm lab results though.
it's a massive issue with anything in the medical realm now. it was frankly far better and less snake oil pre-legal.

this is my latest grow, a little help needed! stopped all nutrients, flushed with plain, pH-balanced water but yellow leaves are showing up more. Suggestions?

Peach Ring Fem.jpeg

this is my latest grow, a little help needed! stopped all nutrients, flushed with plain, pH-balanced water but yellow leaves are showing up more. Suggestions?
Those are related. Flushing with plain water removes the source of nutrients from the soil for the plant and so it will start cannabilizing its leaves for what it needs. This is very common toward the end of the grow anyway but a flush accelerates this. Once they start mining the leaves this late in your grow its hard to turn things back. How far along in flower are you, what is the breeders estimate, and do you count flower from flip or first pistils?

How are your pistils looking? From a far it looks like still some white ones which means she's still bulking for you. Can you give us a close-up?

now in the 13th weeks:)

you can feed to the very end. only go to water on the very last feed before chop after deciding they are ready. the water is only to hold the plant to start the stripping and chop process.

Back
Top Bottom