Late flower but producing a few seeds

cfarris87

I've been trying to let this one go a little longer as the trichomes aren't quite there yet. I'm not super worried about getting a killer smoke out of this one. It's a 1:1. Started getting some foxtails I've been keeping a close eye on and had a few suspect spots I noticed this morning and plucked out a few early seeds. I'm sure there are more, I didn't go super detective on it. I'm not super informed on m/f and all that but I'm not freaking out. They're all feminized Mephisto seeds and I don't see anything sus on my other two plants.
What's your thoughts? Go ahead and harvest now to prevent anything funky messing with my other plants in the tent?

20240707_131443.jpg

20240707_131600.jpg

20240707_132817.jpg

If your plant Hermaphrodited and popped a couple male naners the damage is done. Looks like you are near harvest across the board. Takes a bit of energy away from flower production making seeds. You already have pollen in the air so just control air flow as much as possible and clean the grow space before the next plant round goes in. Harvesting early will just add insult to injury for your THC level.

The seeds look green, which means the plant just recently made so pollen sacks. Your smoke should be okay. If it happened this late in flower, it wasn't due to stress, but more likely a last ditch effort for the plant to pass down genetic material in the wild.

But like @Sativa1970 said, I would clean the area with water to deactivate any remaining pollen before the start of thw next grow.

If your plant Hermaphrodited and popped a couple male naners the damage is done. Looks like you are near harvest across the board. Takes a bit of energy away from flower production making seeds. You already have pollen in the air so just control air flow as much as possible and clean the grow space before the next plant round goes in. Harvesting early will just add insult to injury for your THC level.
Yeah, they're all getting pretty close. What do you mean specifically by controlling airflow? I've got two oscillating tent fans and an inline carbon filter.
The seeds look green, which means the plant just recently made so pollen sacks. Your smoke should be okay. If it happened this late in flower, it wasn't due to stress, but more likely a last ditch effort for the plant to pass down genetic material in the wild.

But like @Sativa1970 said, I would clean the area with water to deactivate any remaining pollen before the start of thw next grow.
Thanks! From my limited knowledge this is about what I expected. Anything I should be looking out for from this point forward? Based on the trichome progression, I'm thinking about another week to harvest. Should I be overly concerned with my other two plants? Those are the ones I'm particularly excited for

I can see the amber glittering in your trichomes. That usually indicates your grow is ready when you are. According to Dr. Jorge Cervantes, The hermaphroditic gig can happen if the plant has gone a bit over it's chop date if it's an auto. So don't wait too long to make your decision.
:lot-o-toke::passitleft:

You have pollen sacks open, blowing it airborne. Wherever you chop the plant more will shake free floating in the air. So the key to protecting any flowers over the next year is tracking it on cloths and controlling the air. I didn't know what filtration your grow space had. Didn't know if you were just blowing it into the house. Your carbon filter, tent interior, pot and fan blades could have pollen. With only 2 plants, air circulation will increase, kicking up more pollen. Remove all 3 plants and wipe everything down with bleach water. If possible clean the carbon filter. Put the 2 plants back in. Take the third plant outside or in a shower before you chop and flip to dry. Clean the area you chopped in.

Are you using any magnification when viewing the trichs? Amber won't really be visible without one. The pistols say she is well done.

Yeah, the fan is just circulating inside the room. I have duct work to run to the window, just never set it up. Plus I like it a little warmer in my room here with my computer and the tent and the smell really isn't bad. Pretty sure the other two should be ready to come down in about a week. Is there a necessity to clean out before then or just before my next grow? I can do it today, I'd just rather get some other stuff done today. And the fan is gonna be a biiitch to clean. It's an el cheapo that doesn't seem to be easily disassembled. If it'll be fine until I harvest the other two, I'd love to just do a deep clean once. But yeah, I pulled her out to chop.

And yes. I got a $35 macro lens of the Amazons. It's not as good as I'd like but i suppose it does the job. But looking at these I took yesterday of the other two, I think they're ready to come down as well. First grow, but I'm aiming for a later harvest for a heavier high. My god at the hair in the second one lmao

Thanks for all the input homie! :passitleft:

20240707_130729.jpg

20240707_131318.jpg

Back
Top Bottom