IS this good or is this bad weed now :(

dundalk23

420 Member
i have some bud that has been told to me as "slow cured" bubble skunk.
it the quality of the bud looks good but the actual color ov the bud looks so bad.
it reminds me of haze. it even has that smell to it. (to me it smells like beef ramen ) i dont like it
the bud is very very brown. im a bit concerned .
i was wondering what you all thought of it.
the buds on the right side are to show the difference in color. im noticing its not the best picture but its what im working with at the moment.

20240728_193501.jpg

20240728_193536.jpg

20240728_193745.jpg

20240728_193838.jpg

20240728_193922_001.jpg

20240728_193944.jpg

20240728_193956.jpg

it's full of mold by the look. could be shit pgr weed but money is on mold. not good for you either way.

edit: after a closer look it's definitely mold. super awful weed.

when i brought it up the guy said this

"

it's not brown, man.look closely in suitable lighting (sunlight), the crystals are gold colored == perfect cure. the bs#1 flower itself is a bit on the darker green side, but not brown. if you have a lens, check it out with magnification.fresh weed has white/clear crystals == uncured == "lime green" (overall look). actually all herb MUST cure. because THC-A (the main thing the plant produces) is not active. it is active only after decarboxylation. if the decarb process does not happen during a legit curing process, it happens with a lighter flame when it touches the herb. i call that "lighter cured". i learned to grow twenty years ago and follow the old school methods. all of the flowers that we have, have golden crystals. that means it was properly cured. he gloria slow cure that you got already is also not brown. its gold, and the flower itself did change during that curing process.the quality of that herb is through the roof. it tastes great and its active .025g.. a testament to the curing process. but i can understand why people may have aversion to it, simply because it is unfamiliar. like i said before, a lost art.as for the professional, that herb actually is brown. it's great herb but genetically it produced brown flowers. strange really" any of that seem legit or not?​

Yeah what’s sad is the lack of knowledge…

the word for crystals is trichomes… yes trichs reflect light and such but the white fuzzy patches are nothing but mold and there are multiple spots of mold in the first picture

nope on the all weed must cure part… I get what he’s trying to say but the truth is you can smoke fresh scissor hash or quick dry a bud that was just plucked and smoke it with zero cure…

drying or curing doesn’t decarb weed, decarb is a function of time and temperature. But technically decarb is separate process with an oven set at 240 heating the buds for 90 minutes

So there is nothing unfamiliar going on here, that’s shitty weed and the grower doesn’t have a clue.

I'm with the consensus - sorry Dude
Break it open; is it soft and smells like a damp basement?

Man, my eyes might not be as good as yours, but it looks fine to me. If it smells bad though, that's not a good sign.

Ive noticed little clear hairs on my stems that can look like mold, but if you look closely with a loupe, they seem to be a normal part of the plant? I've looked up close many times, and the hairs I'm talking about is not mold, it looks like trichomes without the bulb. I could be off base here, but isn't mold more like cotton or web like? The little hairs are spread out and seem to be part of the plant.

I see these little hairs on this plant too, in sections it looks a little like mold, but I'm not sure. It could be the light.

20240728_193956.jpg

Back
Top Bottom