Is this a case of flowering then reveging?

toddtony

Not stressing this as these are extras but am curious as to what's going on

My outdoor girls all fem photos started from seed (1st outdoor run)
Were inside 20days on 18/6 lights then I brought them outside where they get 14/10 and its been around 20+days

I've poked around and seen some people report flowering with 14 hours of light...but idk how they would then reveg under the same 14 hours

They have been slow to branch out and recover from toppings and have much further node spacing then their indoor sisters I'm wondering if this is because they started to flower&stretch?
Prior to transplant a few days ago they have had no bloom fertilizer and I'm doing dry organic so the stuff has to break down

One definitely has clusters of pistils
I assume it's reveging? You can also see how small those tops are where it was topped at least about a week ago (Oreoz)​
IMG_20240708_100314.jpg

IMG_20240708_100244.jpg

The other 2 don't have pistils

Here the NFSHEEESH is just a single bald stem not topping her the others at least had some auxiliary branches prior to topping
IMG_20240708_100549.jpg

The 3rd is ice cold it's branching seems like more regular veg growth this also got topped 2-3weeks ago
The new tops are bent down and you can kinda see the lower tops branching out
IMG_20240708_100430.jpg

So ive got 3 plants kinda doing 3 different things any feedback advice articles would be appreciated

I've poked around and seen some people report flowering with 14 hours of light...but idk how they would then reveg under the same 14 hours
If I understand your timeline the plants started to flower once they were outside because they were getting close to a uninterrupted 12 hours of dark or nighttime light levels.

The sun might be over the horizon but the first hour after sunrise is such a low level of light that the plant reacts as if it were still night. And the last hour of the day the sun is still above the horizon but the light level has dropped low enough that the plant is reacting as if it was already night.

It is why so many outdoor growers will start noticing their plants starting to flower in mid August over here in the US or Canada. And why so many growers will hold off on starting their outdoor plants until mid-May even if the weather already feels like spring.

If I understand your timeline the plants started to flower once they were outside because they were getting close to a uninterrupted 12 hours of dark or nighttime light levels.

The sun might be over the horizon but the first hour after sunrise is such a low level of light that the plant reacts as if it were still night. And the last hour of the day the sun is still above the horizon but the light level has dropped low enough that the plant is reacting as if it was already night.

It is why so many outdoor growers will start noticing their plants starting to flower in mid August over here in the US or Canada. And why so many growers will hold off on starting their outdoor plants until mid-May even if the weather already feels like spring.
What would really help figure it out is knowing where your plants are on this planet. In the northern hemisphere the Summer Solstice was about 3 weeks ago and the days are getting shorter while in the southern hemisphere the days have started getting longer as the season heads towards spring

Then there is the weird timing faced by those who live along the equator.

What would really help figure it out is knowing where your plants are on this planet. In the northern hemisphere the Summer Solstice was about 3 weeks ago and the days are getting shorter while in the southern hemisphere the days have started getting longer as the season heads towards spring

Then there is the weird timing faced by those who live along the equator.
Mid west USA
May 20-june14 indoors 18/6
June15- present outdoors 14/10 I'm saying 6am- 8pm ..direct sunlight 10:30-5:30

It's happening on my outdoor photoperiods I'm welcoming it. 105f here in my part of Oregon dry as death valley. I just wait it out let the plants take their natural course. Keep feeding lots of fluids 2xday and dragging them under shade.

IMG_20210710_161407359 preflower.jpg

It's happening on my outdoor photoperiods I'm welcoming it. 105f here in my part of Oregon dry as death valley. I just wait it out let the plants take their natural course. Keep feeding lots of fluids 2xday and dragging them under shade.

IMG_20210710_161407359 preflower.jpg
Similar situation here mid to high 90s 2+weeks no rain I was wondering if the heat was a problem then the black fabric pots on top of that. I haven't been moving them to shade night start that

I was wondering if the heat was a problem then the black fabric pots on top of that. I haven't been moving them to shade night start that
Have you checked the temperature of the soil in the pots. In the sun it could be hotter than air temperature. In the shade it could be the same temperature as the air in the shaded area. Might not be much different than the temperature of the ground soil for the first several inches; the ground soil might even be 5 to 10 degrees warmer than the air in sunny locations.

Mid west USA
May 20-june14 indoors 18/6
June15- present outdoors 14/10 I'm saying 6am- 8pm ..direct sunlight 10:30-5:30
I can relate to that since I am in southeast Michigan a short distance above Detroit. Sunrise was 6:06 this morning and sunset will be 9:09 this evening. That gives 15 hours and a few minutes of "daylight". Quality sunlight is a different thing and as mentioned the first hour and last hour of daylight is awfully weak and not something that the plant can use for photosynthesis and sunlight related processes.

This basic wiki article on daylight helps explain the different light levels outside at various times and conditions.
Daylight - Wikipedia

Here, with yesterday's continuous heavy cloud cover and rain as the hurricane died out it might as well have been night the entire time. There was probably more usable light in the average dining room or kitchen than there was outside at any time. Today is a totally different story;).

Back
Top Bottom