Information Based On Leaf Formation

Seniorweeder

My babies are at 7 weeks of Veg and as of last night I flipped to 12/12 lighting. I am VERY happy so far with my 1st grow. I have 5 plants so far and still not sure which are females yet. Out of all 5 only one has all fan leaves at the top with 9 blades, all my others max out at 7 blades. The other plants I know the strain of, but this 9 leaf plant was an unknown seed. It is very dark in color which u may not see in the pic, and has very sharp looking serrations on the leaves, does this give any idea what it may be, i.e. Indica, sativa, strength, cud, etc! Thanks in advance for your time!

Nine leaves 1-7-20.JPG

Thanks "Lime" but not sure Im knowledgeable enough to determine that!
Post pics during flower and we will see if its indica or sat dom. But really It doesn't matter , as its just a weed lol.

I determine ripeness by trichome development, not weeks of flowering. Most plants finish at different times. I treat em all as different plants anyways...Which Helps when you grow mystery plants or multiple strains. ;)

Post pics during flower and we will see if its indica or sat dom. But really It doesn't matter , as its just a weed lol.

I determine ripeness by trichome development, not weeks of flowering. Most plants finish at different times. I treat em all as different plants anyways...Which Helps when you grow mystery plants or multiple strains. ;)
Thanks "Lime" friend, I will definitely be posting pix as I need all the help I can muster!

That depends on genetics and maybe light intensity and to some degree maybe temps?

I have seen people see pistils as early as a week and i have seen others go in to the 2 week area. My experience is all over the board but within that window.

Good stuff thanks , I hadn't thought of light intensity, right now my 600 watt LEDs are 22" above the canopy, should I lower and how much if so? The manufacturer recommends 18 above actual flowers!

Btw, after I know which plants are female and remove the others for more room, is it ok to try some moderate LST after the budding starts? Im dying to see how that results!

LST during flowering will slow down maturity. Outdoors it's a major concern due to the fact we are needing the plants down before rain comes. If you're slowed down indoors, you wait longer.

Some LST needs to happen in flower to keep colas away from the lights. So it is not unusual during flower.

Back
Top Bottom