I need help - Yellowing plants - Fed nitrogen yesterday for first time - About 17 days old - And got worse - Help

RagnarLothbrok

So I started 10 White Widow plants out (9 Survived the germination process) and they have been doing So Great the last 3 weeks!
I noticed that the plants were stating to get a small discolouration a couple days ago, so last night instead of waiting till day 21 to feed; I decided to give them some nitrogen in the water last night,
So I watered them with a 20:bigblush:8 fertilizer and this morning i noticed that it gotten worst ( only 4 out of 9 plants are discoloured and maybe 2 of them are bad on the colour but the one is pretty bad and it started getting burnt and i'm just worried because my plants are so young.

I've been using distilled water, and in the begining i was putting magneisium and calcium in the water becuase sinces its distilled its not getting the same mnerals as tap water so i had to add them
But the last couple of weeks I havn,t been adding Magnesium nor Calcium with Vitamine D3.

So im considering the fact its a magnesium deficiency but I thought it was a nitrogen deficiency so i started fertilizing a few days early and I'm just worried for my plants;

I have them in a medium of Premium grow Potting Soil, Mixed with a Premium grow median from a tomato grow kit;
in a biodegradable pot.

I've been watering them with distilled water (at first it was mixed with calcium/vitamine D3 and Magniesium
But lately it's just been pure distilled water for a good week n a half- 2 weeks

I noticed a slight discolouration on only 1 leaf of a couple plants ( the one that is bad now was in the far back corner not sure if light burn or deficiency (I moved it closer to the front/outside of the area where the other plant that is doing good is.))
So as I stated earlier I just fed them nitrogent in a 20:bigblush:8 ratio last night and this morning i fear the one plant has gotten worst.
I Should also mention I have a fan and just hooked up a fan/heater in my room to keep them warm and i turn the fan off every so often to allow them to cool down usually at night but also through out the day sometimes (I always shut fan off while light is off)

300W LED Mars Hydro Light
Mylar Reflective sheet taped around the light
Upside down Tarp on the floor ( I have carpet so needed a new/temporary floor which is the tarp)
Have an ocelating fan
Heat Fan (recently added a couple days ago)
I will add photos, Someone with Any information at all please help; These plants deserve to live! <3
I will add photos in just a second

These are the photos of my growroom with all the plants and a single picture of the one that is horribly bad or deficient or just the worst one ou of them all.
This must've happend over night after I fed them the fertilizer ( I have 18 1/2 light on and 5 1/2 light off cycle) Lights on at 10 Pm every night till 4: 30 Pm then its lights out

Any help at all would be appreciated and asap please; Love ya all and happy growing to you <3

There are 2 plants that are slightly starting to turn yello/get discoloured on 1 small leaf for each plant
But then there are the other 2 That are Burnt at the tips of each leaf and I want to get to the bottom of it asap!!!!
IS it magnesium deficincy? Light burn? Nitrogen Deficiency ( I just fertilized them last night and a small bit this morning with same water mixed with fertilizer i mixed last night) Did I mix to much?
is it too low phosphorus and potassium?
Could it be the magneisum; Please help!

Just easier for us to help if you add the pics in your post for us to see. Also turn the blurple off, like the one pic for sure in the future

You added nutes way too soon, she is burnt, give her time she will be fine. Your soil should have nutes to support here for awhile

I only added Nutes because it was startign too look Nute deficient.
Also Bilbo I have no idea what the Ph is but it's been good for a while, I had a heater going and when i got the heater running i went from watering the plants once a day to a good 2-3 times a day so it may be the heat causing them to run out of water too quickly?

A small t5 light is cheap and easier to start seeds and clones under. I burned 6 plants with my led(it was too strong). The lenses in led deliver a very strong and focused light. After changing to a t5 I have had no more problems. Mine also looked just like yours. Also keep in mind when you see signs from your plants, it was usually something that happened a week ago unless it is something really drastic. Plants move slow, so should you my dude!

I only added Nutes because it was startign too look Nute deficient.
Also Bilbo I have no idea what the Ph is but it's been good for a while, I had a heater going and when i got the heater running i went from watering the plants once a day to a good 2-3 times a day so it may be the heat causing them to run out of water too quickly?
Ok. Well im not as experienced as these other guys Im just telling you what I beleive. You should check and alter youre ph EVERY watering. If its a bit out your roots cant access the nutrients they need. Also as I said I fried my first lot of babies by taking off the humidome to early. I now have mine covered up with homemade humidome (wire and plastic bags lol) until they are about 2 nodes high soo the first set of 3 blade leaves. Even then you still have to take them off every now and then for a short time frame to get them acclimatised.

Thank you guys both for your input @Bilbo and @Ripe1 My lgiht is in the same position about 2 feet off of the plants from when i first started them out before they sprout; (Should I raise my light? I knew I would have to eventually as they grew but is this a sign i Should do so?)

Also do you guys think its a deficiency of sort or the light?
I did stop adding magnesium into the pure distilled water so maybe i should add that back in
Also I did go off to a drama festival for a few days as my brother took care of them this past weekend (Wed -Sat) He said he forgot to turn the light off and he turned it off about 1 hour after it was supposed to be shut off ( I lost my timer so i am manually shutting on and off)
Also @Bilbobudkin420 How do I check the PH every watering?

Back
Top Bottom