Hotboxes

Never had that happen, although...
Once I was camped out deep in the woods. I hiked in alone but a friend was schduled to arrive in a few hours. I took out a book of matches to light my pipe and noticed that I was down to my last match. No worry, I had a lighter in my pack.
Remember about 15 or so years ago when child proof lighters had just come out? There were all sorts of methods. One had something you had to push in, another had a lever that you had to move to the side and there were a few other mthods before they settled on the way they do it nowadays.
I smoked half of the joint before it went out. I fished the lighter out of my pack. It was super-good weed, and combined with the liberal amt's of brewski's I had consumed I was to stoned the figure out how to work the lighter.
Later on around dusk my friend arrived in the same stoned condition. He didn't bring any matches/lighter, and he couldn't figure out how to work the lighter either.
By now we needed a light for other things besides sparking a doob. It was getting dark; we needed to light a campfire and our lantern.
We kept trying to get the lighter to work. Any observer would have laughed their ass off at 2 stoned hippie's try to figure out how a lighter worked.
We finally gave up on trying to work the lighter and used the old indian way of starting a fire, by rubbing two girl scouts together.

Learning from that experience I made sure it never happened again. I put a pre-tested lighter in a baggie and that went in my back, as well as wooden matches in a waterproof container.

LOL Good one!

Never got that carried away but...

It was fall of 81. We were freshmen at the U. My buddies brother had just harvested his grow. And Tim brought a brown bag full of leaf with him. We sat out in the parking lot of my dorm and burned that shit down. Couldn't see shit outside the windows. It was white/gray on the inside of my car. We rolled out of there and this huge cloud just wafted up into the sky. Hillarious! Tim dropped some "A" the following week and fell off the top of a train tressle and broke his neck. Didn't see much of him after that.

Geez.. I'm sorry to hear that Akorn...Your story just totally caught me off guard.

I'm about to have a hot box in approximately 2 hours.

Hopefully my lighter doesn't go out. =/

Back
Top Bottom