Hey guys!

BigDaddy84

420 Member
Hey everyone, another newbie here, jst finished an outdoor grow in brissy, come good had a single girl, gave me 5.5oz of beautiful sticky buds, my dilemma is I had strung them up to dry in a 5ft cardboard box with a USB fan down the bottom and a vent at the top, unfortunately had to go away for work for about 6 days and returned to some pretty crispy buds. Panic stations arose so I put them into jars straight away. What has me confused is they are quite crispy to touch, however the trichiome content is insane, some of the stickies bud I have ever touched in a very long time!, smokes up nice, instant energetic head high, with a killer body boot as it sets in, my question is " will there be enough moisture in the buds to begin it's curing process in the jars?, or am I a bit far gone?, buds have been in jars for 3 days and other than a beautiful aroma that's intensifying in the jars everyday I can seem to feel or notice any more moisture in the buds?, should I jst leave it and keep carrying on the curing process?, thanks in advance guys I really appreciate any advice as I'm new to this forum thing, here's a few pics of what she gave me...

Attachments

• 20200417_154145_001.jpg
    20200417_154145_001.jpg
    566.2 KB · Views: 40
  • 20200423_210753.jpg
    20200423_210753.jpg
    697.3 KB · Views: 38
  • 20200423_210727.jpg
    20200423_210727.jpg
    699 KB · Views: 41
  • 20200417_154120.jpg
    20200417_154120.jpg
    671.8 KB · Views: 39
  • 20200417_154130.jpg
    20200417_154130.jpg
    600.3 KB · Views: 36
  • 20200417_154107.jpg
    20200417_154107.jpg
    542.3 KB · Views: 37
cure and store those babies in 62% humidity you can't go wrong. studies have shown that buds can Gain potency in 62% airtight jars up to 3 months after harvest. Whenever I have dry bud I just throw them in my humidor and they're brand new and squishy in 24 hrs.

cure and store those babies in 62% humidity you can't go wrong. studies have shown that buds can Gain potency in 62% airtight jars. Whenever I have dry bud I just throw them in my humidor and they're brand new and squishy in 24 hrs.
I know this might sound abit silly but what would be the best way to keep that sort of humidity in the jars?, I have heard of a humid pak?, this is the part that I'm still trying to grasp as iv never cured my flowers before... I jst hope I haven't missed my window hehe

not a silly question, actually the most common ones. The cheapest option is a humidity puck or stick. you just add a few drops of water to them and voila. You can also use 2 way humidity packs
1587774767753.png
I prefer these to the popular "bovida" brand, you can also buy big packets for a larger amount, that packet is for 8 grams.
Best part is, you can do both too. I use both in my humidor, that's how it stays at 62%
I only add water to my humidity stick when I add a large amount of bud to the jar, or else it can get moldy and spread to your bud, especially if you don't have a 2 way pack to control it.
You might have missed a small amount of curing but those babies are fat and sugary so if you can keep it at 62% for even a week its going to be such a better smoke, believe me.

not familiar with burping but you should be handling uncured/ wet bud with gloves to preserve the oils and to not contaminate it with yours. i don't think you should squeeze them at all. is that just a big bud thing?

not familiar with burping but you should be handling uncured/ wet bud with gloves to preserve the oils and to not contaminate it with yours. i don't think you should squeeze them at all. is that just a big bud thing?
More so for looks, some little popcorns would roll up into little boulders they were that sticky, but I'm a leave them I think

cure and store those babies in 62% humidity you can't go wrong. studies have shown that buds can Gain potency in 62% airtight jars up to 3 months after harvest. Whenever I have dry bud I just throw them in my humidor and they're brand new and squishy in 24 hrs.
Nice man, thanks for the heads up, for me was the most intimidating part of the whole process, as where I live, humidity is up and down on the best of days, still trying to understand this little micro climate thing in the jars for curing but u have deffs jst made it alot clearer!, thanks dude

Back
Top Bottom