Hermie X Female, What Kind of Offspring?

Ncfinestbud

I took pollen from a seedy romulan hermie plant and pollenated my purple buddha plant. the parent of the romulan was also a hermie. Is there any rule of thumb about the sex of the resulting seed? Could the offspring be hermie as well even tho the mother was 100% female? Either way I'm growing just to see but any advice would be appreciated.

hi, there are two types of hermie im told one bears male genes and will pass that male gene through to the offspring, the other is all female and can NOT pass the male gene as females do not have any male gene and no way to make one.
when i first encountered hermies i asked a freind who had more experinace what they looked like and he discribed a single yellow bannana bursting out of a female bud, the ones i have seen since are as the photos so i assume that these are the female type hermies and the single bannana must be the male version.
so how does a female plant make male genes ,,, answer is it cant`.
male hermies must therefore come from bad genetics, ie seed producer has used the male hermie to pollenate a female so the seeds bear that male hermie tendancy ,this i hasten to add is my theory i am NOT AN EXPERT ,
i had 3 of my 8 plants go hermie, i moved them to the front of the room fan at the back so any pollen was blown away from the girls, i insected them all twicw a day and treated the base of the buds where the pollen sacks appeared using an artists paint brush [ water kills pollen ] i did this for two weeks and cropped a week early [ bottle went ] no sign of seed when cropping waiting for it to cure right now so will be able to say for sure a bit latter.
however one of the remaining ladys was not doing as well as the others so i decided to test a theory about stress causing hermies , i light stressed it for 7 days [ nothing ] i turned up the heat to 35c for 5 days [ showed signes of heat stress drooping leaves ect but nothing ] i then overwatered the bugger still nothing after 7 days of that all the leaves had either fallen off or gone compleatly yellow , so i gave up and cropped it, no sign whatsoever of any hermie sacks.
conclusion of one test either super tough girl or bad seed genetics caused original hermies
120507182653192296.jpg
120507183013392218.jpg
1205081213004352671.jpg

Back
Top Bottom