Hempy DS200

Hey guys

This is my second grow, first one had to be cut short. I've had these girls for about three weeks at this point, been getting everything set up for the grow. The six pandoras boxes were in perlite/sand when I bought them, the purple pine also were, but they were acquired a week later. All were transplanted to small coco/perlite cups, and then to 1 gallon coco/perlite hempy buckets with perlite reservoirs.

Currently, five of the pandoras box and the two purple pine are in their 30 hour dark period before being flipped to 12/12 under my Diamond Series 200w LED. Can't wait to get another one after this harvest.

My seedlings; of which i have GDP, cherry pie, white widow, armeggadon, and super jack harrer, are accompanied by one Pandora's Box clone (she's a slowpoke) in my veg tent under a few cfls. There are also two clones that i dropped in a few days ago, one PP and one PB.

I've been using RO water ph'd to 5.8-6 and my BPN. I started with just super thrive and then once i started light feedings with the three part BPN, after they had some roots, they really took off.

Let's grow some FIRE

Week 2 after getting clones:
wk2-3_3_.JPG
wk2-3_2_.JPG
wk2-3_1_.JPG
wk2-3_4_.JPG

Seedlings
wk2-3_5_.JPG

Just finished week 3, and flipped:
vegging PB and seedlings:
photo_3111.JPG
photo_487.JPG
photo_545.JPG

photo_2149.JPG

PB and PP starting their first day of flower on 9/13/12
photo_1179.JPG

**note in the last picture, the led lights make it hard to see the plants. I am waiting on a fan controller, and once its here i will have them in a grow tent with a cfl that i will illuminate them under for pictures. bear with me until then!

Thanks guys

re: Hempy DS200

hey bro!

looking good so far! just curious how large your flowering space is?? you ever thought of growing fewer of the same variety but in bigger pots? to grow bigger plants i mean... u going to take cuttings from these at all?

all the best with your ladies dude :cheesygrinsmiley:

Peace :Namaste:

I have a small tent with my seedlings and vegging clones and a 2'x3' tent for flower. right now i only have the DS200 on the girls, but i will also have a 150w hps in there in a bit

i will be using bigger pots for some my moms but because of my small flower space im using 1gal square containers. It makes for the most efficient use of space in my tent until i can get a larger one

hey guys

so i moved the plants into their final location, it is a closet in a different room, 2'x4'. Haven't decided whether i want to get a tent, depends if i can cover the smell without one or not.
I watered just before i took these pictures. I have been about every 3 days or so, i've been doing two feeds and then RO water. they drink about 14oz each (if i remember right). I fed with my BPN 3 part, 700ppm at 5.9ph. The stalks are all looking real green now, tons of growth on all the nodes since the flip a week ago.

Here's the veg tent
My Pandoras Box clone that i am vegging out so i can fill up the rest of the closet with clones
PB_mother_2_.JPG
PB_mother_1_.JPG

the seedlings, looking real green
seedlings_3_1.JPG
seedlings_2_1.JPG
seedlings_1_.JPG

Flower closet:

I got my 150w hps running and (3) 25w cfls next to my DS200. Temps range from 68-75 during their dark period and 75-81 when the lights are on. i will have my exhaust fan hooked up soon i just haven't had time to set it up.
week_1_flower_6_.JPG
week_1_flower_4_.JPG
week_1_flower_5_.JPG
week_1_flower_1_.JPG
week_1_flower_2_.JPG
week_1_flower_3_.JPG

once i get my exhaust/carbon filter set up i will be able to put another 150w hps in there. i may just leave it out and run off the house ac tho, we ll have to see.

quick question for you guys; my 150w lights have ballasts inside the hood. do you think it would be better (long run) to just get a 400w and run my exhaust through it? I was thinking this would decrease heat put off by the ballast, since it would now be outside the tent, and the on ventilation because of the now lower heat.
any thoughts?

Thanks for watching:peace:

Week 2 flower update

--BPN
dont the girls look sweet under the leds? i cant wait to see them when the flowers really start forming.

just fed the girls with a 900ppm drink of 5.9ph water, about 24 oz each. They've been getting thirsty pretty much every three days. Temps have been 77-84 degrees in there, cant do much about that until the evenings cool down. then ill be able to open my slider and get some fresh air in the room, right now its still around 85 at night! We got ac though so that keeps the room around 74 and the closet around 79 or 80 with the lights on.

here's some pictures
week_2_flower_9_.JPG
week_2_flower_8_.JPG
week_2_flower_7_.JPG
week_2_flower_6_.JPG
week_2_flower_5_.JPG
week_2_flower_4_.JPG
week_2_flower_3_.JPG
week_2_flower_2_.JPG
week_2_flower_1_.JPG
week_2_flower_10_.JPG

I'll snap a few of the veg tent next week, took a few more clones that are looking good, and the seedlings are getting pretty tall!

Cheers

Week 4 Update:

Been feeding a 900-1200 ppm of my BPN 3 Part. Looking good, got some yellowing of the lower and some middle leaves but its slowed recently. i accidentally broke a small branch off when i was moving them around, so the two small nugs are drying now, ill post a picture of them next week, lookin' real sugary :)

i've taken out the 150w hps and added in 200w of cfls, only about 2000 less lumens for the same power draw, but the temps are 76-83 instead of 86 or 87 like they were. plus they can get a lot closer than the 150w bulb

ill be growing with the cfls until the outside weather cools down, so that i can open my screen for some fresh air during the evening. Then ill really beef up and throw the 150w back in there .

DS 200 LED is on the left side of the closet, three of the girls soaking up all her light. They look real good, some of the lower nugs are getting tons of orange hairs already
wk_4_flower_1_.JPG
led14.JPG
wk_4_flower_3_.JPG

wk_4_flower_4_.JPG

The cfl side
wk_4_flower_7_.JPG

wk_4_flower_2_.JPG

Also took a few more clones, there are 8 of them now. found a male seedling so i had to move him to another room. My Pb mom is getting big, transplanted here and about to all my mother strains that are (hopefully) females. Also getting a Agent Orange and Blueberry Kush clones to veg out. I will update next week with veg room pictures, i am expanding my veg closet atm

Cheers

Firstly i have to say your grow is looking awesome :thumb:
I just really wanted to let you know that in my experience with growing under led your temps are fine during the day as long as you got reasonable air exchange. The slightly higher temp will be good for your plants if u continue to use the led as it encourages them to actually drink and therefore suck up all the blue planet goodness. I run a cea room using led's and run between 85 to 90 degrees but i do also run co2 at 1500ppm aswell. Like i said as long as air exchange is good so u can keep humidity at 40 to 50% you will be fine and girls will continue to thrive :welldone:

Firstly i have to say your grow is looking awesome :thumb:
I just really wanted to let you know that in my experience with growing under led your temps are fine during the day as long as you got reasonable air exchange. The slightly higher temp will be good for your plants if u continue to use the led as it encourages them to actually drink and therefore suck up all the blue planet goodness. I run a cea room using led's and run between 85 to 90 degrees but i do also run co2 at 1500ppm aswell. Like i said as long as air exchange is good so u can keep humidity at 40 to 50% you will be fine and girls will continue to thrive :welldone:

Good to hear man, thanks for the info. my temps stay just under 85, humidity about 38-47% so i'm hoping they'll finish out good with these temps, it can only get colder as winter approaches.

thanks man

Week 5 Update

Outside temps are cooling down, so are my grow room temps thankfully. they've been 76-80 now. Been Feeding with the BPN, the girls really seem to like it.

Here's my Veg hallway closet

veg_tent_wk_5_flower_4_.JPG

veg_tent_wk_5_flower_3_.JPG

veg_tent_wk_5_flower_2_.JPG

Armeggadons aren't looking too happy
veg_tent_wk_5_flower_1_.JPG
veg_tent_wk_5_flower_5_.JPG

Some group shots

wk_5_flower_3_.JPG
wk_5_flower_1_.JPG
wk_5_flower_5_.JPG
wk_5_flower_6_.JPG
wk_5_flower_7_.JPG

Some tops of my tops. Got some purple leaves forming
wk_5_flower_9_.JPG
wk_5_flower_8_.JPG
wk_5_flower_2_.JPG
wk_5_flower_10_.JPG
wk_5_flower_4_.JPG

Wk 7 Update

Super cropped my PB mom, shes been recovering very well. Seedlings are growing fast, so are my transplanted females. I will be moving my PB bush, and all my other healthy transplanted girls into my flower closet next week after i crop this, i guess that'll be the start of another journal though. I flushed my girls in the flower room and followed up with 16 oz of 800 ppm 6.0ph water two days later, they're still saturated. I was getting super low ph out of them, pouring in 5.9-6.1 ph water and getting 4.5 ph out. i think that may have been causing the yellowing in the leaves. I'm going to ph my coco before next transplants, and use calmag from the beginning to see if i get better results. They still seem to be fattening up and getting plenty resinous none the less, the PurplePine is much oranger than the Pandora's Box, probably going to chop them a few days before the PB. I also germinated about 12 more seeds today, using them up before i get some more for the summer. I got Cherry Pie, White Widow, Romulan, Super Jack Herrer, Armeggadon, and GDP. All moms and dads from clinics here in the bay area.

Veg Tent:

photo_4100.JPG

Super cropped the top right and bottom left tops
photo_2164.JPG
photo_1196.JPG
photo_3126.JPG
photo_556.JPG

Flower Tent:

photo_1195.JPG
photo_1_2_17.JPG
photo_499.JPG
photo_3125.JPG
photo_2163.JPG
photo_1_3_5.JPG
photo_2_3_3.JPG
photo_4_2_5.JPG
photo_3_2_8.JPG
photo_2_2_12.JPG
photo_5_3_.JPG
photo_555.JPG
photo_5_2_1.JPG
photo_4_3_1.JPG

photo_3_3_3.JPG

Hey guys

So i was taking pictures over Weeks 8 and 9, and my phone crashed so i lost all of them. I ran 800 and 600 ppm during week 9 and straight RO the last week. Last night was their last night with the lights on, They've really been fattening up and getting crystally. I am leaving them for five days with the lights off, a tip my buddy gave me to let them really use everything they got, so ill post more pics when i chop them in a week.

here's the group shots
Last_day_7_.JPG
Last_day_6_.JPG
Last_day_5_.JPG
Last_day_4_.JPG
Last_day_11_.JPG
Last_day_10_.JPG

Tops
Last_day_3_.JPG
Last_day_2_.JPG
Last_day_9_.JPG
Last_day_8_.JPG
Last_day_1_.JPG
Last_day_14_.JPG
Last_day_13_.JPG
Last_day_12_.JPG

The pandora's box is getting super purple, my purple pine are the real orange and sugarry tops

here's my veg tent, they're all being flipped except the seeds next week, ive been super cropping a lot to keep them from getting too tall

Just_before_flip_7_.JPG
Just_before_flip_4_.JPG
Just_before_flip_1_.JPG
Just_before_flip_2_.JPG
Just_before_flip_3_.JPG
Just_before_flip_5_.JPG
Just_before_flip_6_.JPG

trimming in a few days and ill post drying pics then.

Happy Turkey Day everyone!

Back
Top Bottom