Help me please

Hebrewdiver

What is going on with my girls? Everything was going well and then this. I have flushed all plants 4 are affected. All are in veg. Stage. I flushed because I thought it may be potassium or manganese deficiency. I growing in soil and fabric pots using general hydroponic and cal/mag. I’m thinking about repotting into 5 gallon plastic pots. Any help would be greatly appreciated

IMG_1741.jpeg

IMG_1740.jpeg

IMG_1739.jpeg

IMG_1736.jpeg

IMG_1737.jpeg

IMG_1738.jpeg

any ideah what your humidity is friend?? its really important to have all aspects dialed in for success, most often this is an issue that people underestimate, the needs of the plant will change as it grows through different stages, if youre in the veg stage humidity between 50 and 70 percent is necessary, check and see if your leaves have any water on them too, as transpiration from photosynthesis can wreak havoc if the humidity or the temperature or both are too high, for bloom you want far less humidity a range of 30-40 percent is what you need. I can see "PM" Powdery Mildew, you are going to want to treat that and let the plant rebound before transitioning, you will need to decide for yourself over the next week if you are going to continue this run, sometimes it is better to have a redo, look for any black on the stock, that would be the first thing that I did. wish I could remember what that condition is but it is terminal so if you see like a black rash on the base of the plant that's a no go.

I look forward to seeing your proud success, you will have it friend, all you have to do is continue to gain, have an awesome day Gromie

I agree with @KBUENOS , your plant has powdery mildew (PM), but also, it is either starving or seriously locked out, and may also be needing cal-mag.

I use a 50/50 milk-water solution for PM now, it's very effective, but I only do it outside as it is so messy. There are commercial fixes, also there is a recipe floating around here for a citric acid mix, but I found the milk more effective personally.

Are you feeding anything at all? I'm puzzled by why you would flush if you suspect a deficiency as a flush would rinse even more (if there is anything in there still) nutrients OUT of the soil.

I agree with @KBUENOS , your plant has powdery mildew (PM), but also, it is either starving or seriously locked out, and may also be needing cal-mag.

I use a 50/50 milk-water solution for PM now, it's very effective, but I only do it outside as it is so messy. There are commercial fixes, also there is a recipe floating around here for a citric acid mix, but I found the milk more effective personally.

Are you feeding anything at all? I'm puzzled by why you would flush if you suspect a deficiency as a flush would rinse even more (if there is anything in there still) nutrients OUT of the soil.
I like your milk/H2O method, I use a citric and yeast concentrate myself, I love that stuff too, if you have bugs especially because it disintegrates soft bodied insects such as the known plant pests on contact, so you can use the milk as a foliar spray?

What is going on with my girls? Everything was going well and then this. I have flushed all plants 4 are affected. All are in veg. Stage. I flushed because I thought it may be potassium or manganese deficiency. I growing in soil and fabric pots using general hydroponic and cal/mag. I’m thinking about repotting into 5 gallon plastic pots. Any help would be greatly appreciated

IMG_1741.jpeg

IMG_1740.jpeg

IMG_1739.jpeg

IMG_1736.jpeg

IMG_1737.jpeg

IMG_1738.jpeg
I have a question,why would you flush if theres a deficiency? My opinion is check soil ph and ph your nuit mix when watering 6.3/6.8. Looks to me as if your deficiency is Nitrogen and MG and yes an up pot would help you ✌️ good luck hope you get it fixed

any ideah what your humidity is friend?? its really important to have all aspects dialed in for success, most often this is an issue that people underestimate, the needs of the plant will change as it grows through different stages, if youre in the veg stage humidity between 50 and 70 percent is necessary, check and see if your leaves have any water on them too, as transpiration from photosynthesis can wreak havoc if the humidity or the temperature or both are too high, for bloom you want far less humidity a range of 30-40 percent is what you need. I can see "PM" Powdery Mildew, you are going to want to treat that and let the plant rebound before transitioning, you will need to decide for yourself over the next week if you are going to continue this run, sometimes it is better to have a redo, look for any black on the stock, that would be the first thing that I did. wish I could remember what that condition is but it is terminal so if you see like a black rash on the base of the plant that's a no go.

I look forward to seeing your proud success, you will have it friend, all you have to do is continue to gain, have an awesome day Gromie
I have kept the humidity at 60 no higher than 65. I don’t see the PM on the plant what you may be viewing is residue from a foliage spray that after drying leaves a white film. But I will try the milk/water mixture just in case. I looked at some pictures of leaf issues and it appears that it may match manganese and/or ph issues so that’s why I flushed. I also saw what I think are fungal knats that may be causing issues. I read somewhere that D. Earth may help. I thank you all for the responses.

All are in veg. Stage. I flushed because I thought it may be potassium or manganese deficiency. I growing in soil and fabric pots using general hydroponic and cal/mag. I’m thinking about repotting into 5 gallon plastic pots. Any help would be greatly appreciated
I see decent sized plants in rather small pots of 'soil' with signs of slow starvation going on. The larger the plant gets above the soil line the more nutrients the roots have to find. But, the amount of 'soil' stays the same and eventually the roots are not finding enough to support the needs above. Then the common deficiencies start to show.

First thing is what is the "soil" you are using? There are a lot of different 'soils' being used and each can be a different mix. Second is which of the General Hydroponic fertilizers are you using and how much and how often? If you can mention that then it is possible that someone is growing in a similar soil using the same fertilizers and they can mention what they have done.

Based on what I see you have two deficiencies going on. One is Nitrogen and the other Potassium. Sometimes just transplanting into a larger container will do wonders to stop the plant from getting worse. But, it might be that you will have to both transplant and boost the dose.

Signs that the changes are working will be that the yellowing slows down and eventually stops. Some of the leaves will darken up and go back to being green but most of the really yellow ones will just stop getting worse and stay the way they are. Once you are confident that the changes are working for the better, which can take up to two weeks, then the damaged leaves that have not recovered can be removed or left on the plant which will release eventually release them. Removing them now can make it a bit harder to tell if anything that has been done is actually working.

Below are two of the more popular charts showing "nutrient deficiency and excess" examples. The issues showing on your plants do look like Nitrogen and the Potassium deficiency situations. The first chart is kind of hard to read unless it is on a computer so maybe someone has a better version of the Jorge Cervantes one and can post it.

full

full

I like your milk/H2O method, I use a citric and yeast concentrate myself, I love that stuff too, if you have bugs especially because it disintegrates soft bodied insects such as the known plant pests on contact, so you can use the milk as a foliar spray?
That is how I've been doing it yes. I had PM all over my sage, my lilac and one of my outside girls, the milk knocked it out. That was almost two weeks ago, I keep looking because it always gets crazy around this time of year, especially with the high amount of rain we've been getting here in MI this year. I can't find any trace of the PM, but I do still see dried milk along the edges of some of the leaves. The plants don't seem to mind. I consider it protective.

Back
Top Bottom