Hello, I'm a new cannabis grower with Yellow leaves wilting at tips

Fightthepower

420 Member
I started my plants, I overwatered because of heat, checking the soil was barely moist 3 inches down, I thought it was time to water, nope. I read and some suggestions were to let the soil completely dry out, no water for 7 days, it worked great, I took care of the fungus knat infestation I created by overwatering, the plants gave been growing great, everyday new growth. Yesterday was day 8 and it was time to water, so I did, now today my biggest plant, the leaves are looking like heat stress, wilting and turning yellow or light brown on the tips, my plants are 22 inches from the light, I have a fan going pointing at the wall, all 3 plants are moving from the breeze created, but not alot. How dumb am I and can someone please help me understand what's wrong, is it just my extremely high Temps, growroom constant at 99 or 100 degrees with lights on, but even before, I never seen them wilt like this, , sorry if I'm in the wrong place,, just needing some help and insights.thanks very much!!!! (I put a 1-2 inch layer of sand on top to help me get rid of the fungus knats.....

20241004_145208.jpg

20241004_145230.jpg

20241004_191753.jpg

20241004_191824.jpg

20241004_191846.jpg

20241004_145144.jpg

20241004_145130.jpg

20241004_145115.jpg

20241004_145109.jpg

Hey, thanks for the response, I'm growing in some organic soil mixed with perlite and peatmoss, probably 70/20/10 ratio. I mixed in earthworm castings and bone meal feed to the soil, I have not had money for nutes yet but it is definitely time, I was gonna go for advanced nutes for the sheer simplicity. I just opened up my spider farmer humidifier tonight and set it up, hoping that might help. I've read alot, and it's said that cannabis is a magnesium hog, so I guess some cal-mag can't hurt right? Any help would be greatly appreciated, I just wanna make it to a harvest of some king Louie xiii, I haven't done all the right things at all, but trying in the area I have just to see what happens, figured if I buy some decent equipment and decent seeds, I'll get some decent trees to cure, then after the first grow fix what needs to be fixed

not bad at all just needs slight tune up…

temps too high 84 is where you should aim

Top layer of sand is crusted over, caked up…. crust layer is saying it’s not enough calcium. But yes 1 or 2 inches equals way too much sand. The sand is messing with soil tilth, blocking the flow of oxygen plus it hinders evap. There’s better ways to stomp the gnats anyhow. If you can look for mosquito dunks or mosquito dunks, both contain BTi it’s a safe biological that targets ye old fungus gnats. Add them to your water bucket to soak over nite before use and sprinlke some on top of soil as top dress.

Actually weed is a calcium hog… not magnesium hog… but needs small amounts of mag to stay in balance. I’d scoop the sand out, gently.stir the top soil under it and just go with mosquito bits or dunks. Earth worm castings are good source of calcium, safe to top dress with. Hopefully there’s some good soil bagged soil product under the sand not just yard dirt… anytime top of soil crusts over gently till the top of soil…. It will crust after watering the castings but break it up again…add more castings in a week or two…

not bad at all just needs slight tune up…

temps too high 84 is where you should aim

Top layer of sand is crusted over, caked up…. crust layer is saying it’s not enough calcium. But yes 1 or 2 inches equals way too much sand. The sand is messing with soil tilth, blocking the flow of oxygen plus it hinders evap. There’s better ways to stomp the gnats anyhow. If you can look for mosquito dunks or mosquito dunks, both contain BTi it’s a safe biological that targets ye old fungus gnats. Add them to your water bucket to soak over nite before use and sprinlke some on top of soil as top dress.

Actually weed is a calcium hog… not magnesium hog… but needs small amounts of mag to stay in balance. I’d scoop the sand out, gently.stir the top soil under it and just go with mosquito bits or dunks. Earth worm castings are good source of calcium, safe to top dress with. Hopefully there’s some good soil bagged soil product under the sand not just yard dirt… anytime top of soil crusts over gently till the top of soil…. It will crust after watering the castings but break it up again…add more castings in a week or two…
Hey, thanks for the reply! And the info! I figured the sand was blocking the flow of air somehow, and u confirmed it. The soil is an organic one, kellogs I think, for potted or yard planting both. I will gently remove the sand now, and top dress with castings. I really appreciate all the insight and help. I'm 44, I'm an avid cannabis advocate as well as a connoisseur of fine smoke, bout time I was on here anyways! Thanks to the community, awesome and keep adding anything to help.

Back
Top Bottom