Growonix company any good?

Belliott

420 Member
So I got a iSpring rcc7 ro because it said it would give 1.5 to 1 waste to clean water and man that was a lie. It's 4/5 to 1. That's just a lot of waste water. So I saw the growonix gx200 and the growonix ex200 they both say they do 2 to 1... is that a legit ratio close to it? Does anyone have any experience with them? Is the gx200 worth the extra money because of the ro membrane flush feature? I know it costs more and I would need to buy the KDF 85 filter but if the flushing makes the membrane last longer it's worth it to me.
My tap water
P.H. - 7.3
PPM - 320
P.S.I. - 60

RO membrane gph rating determines your micrometer size. higher waste flow is usually due to a higher filtering ratio.

my RO system accepts generic filters and membranes. if i use a smaller micrometer filter i get less gph and a lower ppm, and more waste water.

the real test is the ppm after filtering.

i went from a lower micrometer rating giving me 10 - 15 ppm to a higher giving me 25 - 30 ppm. it's a higher ppm, but there is less waste water now, and i don't have to wait all day to produce a 20L jug of RO.

if you are worried about the waste you could collect it and use it to water lawn and garden plants.

Back
Top Bottom