Growing indoors with only light from a window

Terrapin Station

Has anyone ever tried growing inside on a window sill before?

I have one last auto seed I need to use and a large south facing window. I guess there's one way to find out. 😂

I have one last auto seed I need to use and a large south facing window. I guess there's one way to find out. 😂
You'll need to turn it constantly [got an old record player?] or train it like espalier fruit trees

Yes, just about everything from houseplants to vegetable seedlings to trying to get some Cannabis cuttings to root.

When it comes to growing a plant from seed like you are considering there have been several threads from growers that have tried. Some were successful and some not.

You will have to consider the amounts of light that will be blocked by the glass, screens and any curtains. Even a south facing window can have direct sunlight blocked in the morning and evening cutting in to the number of hours of quality light which usually is not be a lot anyway.

It can be done though the plants do not get large most of the time. There is a currently active thread with a photo of a window plant but I cannot remember which one it was.

Yes, just about everything from houseplants to vegetable seedlings to trying to get some Cannabis cuttings to root.

When it comes to growing a plant from seed like you are considering there have been several threads from growers that have tried. Some were successful and some not.

You will have to consider the amounts of light that will be blocked by the glass, screens and any curtains. Even a south facing window can have direct sunlight blocked in the morning and evening cutting in to the number of hours of quality light which usually is not be a lot anyway.

It can be done though the plants do not get large most of the time. There is a currently active thread with a photo of a window plant but I cannot remember which one it was.

Thanks for your comments man! The sun travels parallel to my South facing window from East to West all day. If there is a good window, this is one. With no screens and the curtains/shears pulled back it's just glass and hot sun from sunrise to sundown there. I almost think it might be too much for a seedling 🌱 that just popped up and I would want to close the shears the first week or two.

I hope I can find the active thread with the photo in the window.

🙏☮️

I have 3 photos in flower now in the kitchen window.
I'll post a couple pics when the sun comes up.
They are behind the greenhouse girls.
Due to light in the house I believe.
But still in full flower.

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

Purple Kush in the center.
Bubba Whip on each side.

20240913_073122.jpg

I have 3 photos in flower now in the kitchen window.
I'll post a couple pics when the sun comes up.
They are behind the greenhouse girls.
Due to light in the house I believe.
But still in full flower.

Stay safe
Bill284 😎
Excellent! Thank you!! 👍👍

Back
Top Bottom