Greetings from Grow for Broke

grow4broke

420 Member
Hey 420 Magazine.

Jay here. I'm an amateur seasonal grower and I love building community around my grows.

Last season we grew two great plants, this time we're doing 5! 2 are bagseeds, one is ACE seeds feminized mix, one is Equilibrium genetics Granddaddy Jaws, and the other is a south american sativa landrace.

Join me on my grow journey!

Hey 420 Magazine.

Jay here. I'm an amateur seasonal grower and I love building community around my grows.

Last season we grew two great plants, this time we're doing 5! 2 are bagseeds, one is ACE seeds feminized mix, one is Equilibrium genetics Granddaddy Jaws, and the other is a south american sativa landrace.

Join me on my grow journey!
Hi @grow4broke and welcome to the forum! :welcome:
It sounds like you are an experienced grower with lots to offer and I would like to invite you to also start a traditional text based grow journal on here, complimenting your youtube work product. Text media also serves a purpose out here in the online world, and I am only one example as to why this is. I rarely watch YouTube videos because I am deaf. Unless you put a camera on your face so I can read your lips every time you speak, or you put a ASL interpreter on the screen with you, anything you say on there is lost to me and other disabled people like me.
Compare that to an online text forum entry, where I can cling to every word you type and savor each well described photograph that you present to us. I would love to join you on your grow journey, but first you are going to need to pave the road so that I can get there.
Good luck in your endeavors, and please remember that this forum can serve a much bigger purpose than simply advertising and driving people to your youtube channel and can provide a permanent journal record of your activities that can be word searched and archived for the future, unlike your video product. Please consider joining us in that wider capacity and add to the reach that you already enjoy with your video channel... it seems like a win-win to me!

:welcome:

:welcome:

If you dont make the soil wet before transplanting and you just slightly squeez the cup. The potting soil will come out without breaking in chunks. It also stress the seedling less as the roots won't get disrupted as much.

Wow! So grateful for all of the love. Glad to be a part of this community.

Here's an update:
Germed about a month ago, so far growth is pretty slow. So far, plants are looking great after the transplant. So far, I'm still trying to figure out who's who! Copped a cheap LED from Amazon (MSMING brand) and hoping that helps with growth. It's really a crapshoot with the Ace Feminized mix - I think that one of the seeds has a similar mutation with the leaves that happened during my last grow (this plant was a single, stubby cola measuring about 6 inches). There are a few seeds thriving in this environment - I'll let y'all be the judges.

New vid coming soon(ish)!

Screen Shot 2020-11-11 at 9.02.02 PM.png
Screen Shot 2020-11-11 at 9.03.26 PM.png
Screen Shot 2020-11-11 at 9.02.52 PM.png
Screen Shot 2020-11-11 at 9.02.42 PM.png
Screen Shot 2020-11-11 at 9.02.30 PM.png

OK @grow4broke I'm going to be honest with you. Those plants need help ! They are tiny for a month old. This is my plant which is 3 days old today. 4 days in soil till she popped her head up & 3 days above ground.
9-156.JPG
9-157.JPG
9-158.JPG

Notice it is not limp & tiny. My soil is almost dry looking & yours looks like they're in mud. You are over watering by a lot. You are drowning the roots & preventing growth.
Please read Emilya's Tutorial : The Proper Way to Water a Potted Plant

I also welcome you to my current journal if you're interested : Come Grow With Me: A Beginners Guide

Not trying to put down your grow. Trying to help you succeed !

hey @grow4broke what happend.
next time try to involve us when you notice something out of ordinary. Those plants don't look too good.
run us through your air environment, and lights settings.
I also noticed in the video you were mixing stuff with your soil. run us what you exactly put in your soil as well. Although, i have a feeling your grow environment is not correct.

hey @grow4broke what happend.
next time try to involve us when you notice something out of ordinary. Those plants don't look too good.
run us through your air environment, and lights settings.
I also noticed in the video you were mixing stuff with your soil. run us what you exactly put in your soil as well. Although, i have a feeling your grow environment is not correct.
Hey man!

So yes, the plants could be doing much better. Unfortunately we are running off a singular LED, they are not in a tent or enclosed space. Very little control over humidity, pH, etc. Slowly but surely we will improve the grow environment.

Mixed in some Espoma organic plant food deeper in the soil for when they start to get bigger. Def looking forward to your feedback bc I want some healthy plants!

the singular led at the current stage is not an issue, but it will be an big issue down the line.
how far is the led strip from the seedlings?
What are the environments that the plants are in. temp/humidity?
i've never used espoma organic plant food, but seeing how much it was in there for a seedling stage didn't seem right.
Seedlings don't need any feeding for the first few weeks and water would be fine.
What kind of soil are you using?

Back
Top Bottom